Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #32: Release delayed, beta testing in October

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Now Fargo wouldn't be aiming for a holiday release now would he by cleverly announcing that this "delay" is all for the benefit of making the game "better" (that sly entrepreneur).... :hmmm:

:D just kidding I want them to take as much time, well within reason, to make this the cRPG Nirvana I've been waiting all these years for!

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I can understanding wanting the game to be polished, but sheesh, there's kind of a masochistic vibe ITT.

"Please make Wasteland 2 vaporware, inXile!"

Nah. We've been waiting so long by this point what's a few more months for a potentially great and less buggy game? The payoff for waiting in this case stands to far, far outweigh the gratification of an earlier release.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Now Fargo wouldn't be aiming for a holiday release now would he by cleverly announcing that this "delay" is all for the benefit of making the game "better" (that sly entrepreneur).... :hmmm:

:D just kidding I want them to take as much time, well within reason, to make this the cRPG Nirvana I've been waiting all these years for!
October counts as the holiday season.

I think it'd be delightful if Wasteland 2 ends up releasing shortly before Dead State, since it would definitely take a large bite out of DoubleBear's potential first month sales.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think it'd be delightful if Wasteland 2 ends up releasing shortly before Dead State, since it would definitely take a large bite out of DoubleBear's potential first month sales.

I expect to see these games bundled together in a discounted "Kickstarter RPG Renaissance Pack" on Steam. That would help alleviate the problem of them competing against each other by encouraging people to collect 'em all.

Stabwound

Arcane
I think this was pretty much expected and the short development cycle had people questioning it from the very beginning. Just be thankful this isn't 1998 and they're not being forced to push it out the door in a shitty state by a publisher.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I think this was pretty much expected and the short development cycle had people questioning it from the very beginning. Just be thankful this isn't 1998 and they're not being forced to push it out the door in a shitty state by a publisher.

No shit! :lol: If this was EA it would be shipped right now, and released as a complete game.

dunno lah

Arcane

I expect to see these games bundled together in a discounted "Kickstarter RPG Renaissance Pack" on Steam. That would help alleviate the problem of them competing against each other by encouraging people to collect 'em all.

That'd be a pretty bro move on their parts.

Black

Arcane
I wanted to give you all an update on the progress of Wasteland 2 and to answer some of the questions I have received on production. I can happily announce that we remain well financed for development, thus allowing us to ship a product without compromise. This is primarily due to our disciplined spending, project planning and the benefit of our back catalog sales to cover any extra product features and content we loved.
gUvLnV.png

Ohohoho Double Fine.
#shotsfired

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
burns.gif

I was afraid for the game, and this has comforted me. I will wait as long as it is needed to get a great crpg (in the range of classics).

And I'm sure some of our resident Germans will go to Cologne and report.

Also the bastards that have beta keys. Don't keep your mouth closed.

Maybe a proper Codex W2 beta review from a respected member like VD (I know I can trust him :D)?

Their show in Cologne isn't public.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can understanding wanting the game to be polished, but sheesh, there's kind of a masochistic vibe ITT.

"Please make Wasteland 2 vaporware, inXile!"
I only meant I hold no grudge for the already announced delay. I'm not encouraging them to be more delayed, but if they are, I have 500+ other games in my backlog. Let 5% of them be good and I'm still set for years.

Not a big deal at all. Most of us know RPGs are quite complex creatures. They are on budgets, too. In fact, how long have we waited for another game like this one?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't mind, I wasn't expecting game before 2014 so anytime before is bonus for me :)
Also goodies from KS update;

"We have encounters that look at the gender makeup of the party, the health of the party, the NPCs who have joined you and so many of the various world states. This is the kind of subtlety I love and makes the games both deep and re-playable. "

Oesophagus

Arcane
I can understanding wanting the game to be polished, but sheesh, there's kind of a masochistic vibe ITT

I called it when the W2 kickstarter was still goin on, and I don't really think anyone's surprised that the game is delayed.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
My only regret is not finding out if a Full Fledged RPG™ can be made in 18 months or not.

Seriously though, it seems like InXile has their shit together. I've been waiting since Arcanum for a real isometric RPG to play, and since Fallout 2 for a fun one, I can take wait a few extra months.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Look at all the apologists piling on and stroking Fargo, what will you say when it gets delayed for 2nd time and then cancelled? oh the butthurt will be glorious, can't wait for it. Time for a wake up call, first double fine now inxile, kickscam providing free money since day1.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Release a buggy unfinished game? Maybe. Get a publisher to help them complete it? Maybe. But why would they cancel it? That doesn't even make sense. The best way to make money is to release the damned game.

You guys really are pathetic.

Still a troll, I see

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
My only regret is not finding out if a Full Fledged RPG™ can be made in 18 months or not.

Seriously though, it seems like InXile has their shit together. I've been waiting since Arcanum for a real isometric RPG to play, and since Fallout 2 for a fun one, I can take wait a few extra months.

Too bad Wasteland 2 isn't a "real isometric" game. :smug:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Game gets delayed. Codex: "Oh boy that's great. It just means they're taking more time to make a great game. All the other promises will be met - no worries."

They're releasing the beta on the original release date. It's not vaporware if 10,000 people are playing the game.

Besides, you brofisted a Syril post FFS - that's trollish enough

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom