Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Hmm... I like 2 and 3. :/

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I like 3 and 5, although the 5th one is a little rough around the edges (literally). With a little polishing I think that might be my favorite.

BobtheTree

Savant
They're all kind of shitty, but the third one is the least egregious and fits with the style of the old logo.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Yeah, neither one is particularly great. Though a combination of 3 and 4 might be nice.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I thought I liked 4 the best, but on closer inspection something about it makes it read "wastel and 2". I like the red/orange coloring, and I don't like the purple in 5, so I think I'm gonna vote for 2 even though it looks super cheesy. Should fit with "supaflies".

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
3 just is so minimal. I like it but do you feel it encapsulates the "feeling" of Wasteland 2?

That's why I don't like it.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
We don't know what feeling it has yet, but W1 had an equally minimalistic logo.

Edit: Not that a more spiced up logo would hurt, but with those alternatives...

FeelTheRads

Arcane
o_O

I quoted everything and answered the question too.

You have issues, bro, seems like you can't stop shitposting. But sure, keep questioning me and evaluate if I'm entitled to judge what you like.

I actually like all of them, but I prefer 3 and 5 the best. I've gotten used to 3 because it was the one they used the most until now, and it's from that take on W1s cover scene, except filled with vegetation. But 5 looks quite nice as well. 4 is nice but doesn't look very memorable, 2's gold star is too pronounced (reads like "Wastela 2") and 1 looks more fitting for a fast-paced game.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
roadtokickstarter.jpg

THIS is really good. It needs some tweaking though.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
The purple one Jaesun posted should be used somewhere. If not on the front of the box, then on the back. This Rick guy is good.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Fuck it, I should try my own hand at this. I like the one Jaesun embedded best, though.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the original box art in terms of... well, pretty much everything about each version. It's still some of the best box art in the history of video games.

EG

Nullified
roadtokickstarter.jpg

THIS is really good. It needs some tweaking though.

Meh, I'm not impressed by these "silhouette with pastel colors" type of logos.

For some reason I can't stop laughing (internally) at it . . .

Please, make it go away. :(

Make all but their initial attempts at posters go away (the throw-back to the original).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom