Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

catfood

AGAIN
Forum is still infested with biodrones. They want "fleshed out characters" and are creeped out by the thought of generating an entire party. ("B..b..but I don't CARE about those people!")

I think this has the potential to cause a lot of butthurt in the future.
Hopefully they'll crawl back to their Biohazard Sewer Network as soon as they see one of the screenshots.

Gerrard

Arcane
Oh boy, looks like this is going to be "Best Thread Ever: Wasteland 2 Editioin".

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I think everyone should be forced to play at least 30 minutes of Wasteland before they can post on the forums.

hiver

"Boyfriend" doesnt necessarily mean she is a female... :P
Yup, strange times we live in.... :shakes head:

hiver

I doubt that they would change the setting from the Southwest USA (though the Mexico idea was interesting), but something different would not be ALL bad, surely? I imagine that, given that Wasteland (which I have not played so please correct me if I am wrong) is set after a 1998 nuclear war with a still-existing USSR and therefore Yugoslavia (probably) did not collapse pre-war, a setting of post-apocalyptic Bosnia (leaving your vault/whatever to kill a scapegoated Croat to avenge the war?) would be such a clusterfuck as to provide the Codex with all the hardcore, mature, depressing, gritty grimdark it could want.

Though maybe that would be too politically incorrect.
Oh, hello Serbie. You got your pots mixed again.

Achilles

Arcane
What the fuck is going on? Why are idiots trying to ruin our game? We have to stop them! I'm going over there to register and fight the good fight with my words.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh boy, looks like this is going to be "Best Thread Ever: Wasteland 2 Editioin".

Yes, except this isn't a "Point and laugh" thread. This is so we can jump into those threads and shoot down the ridiculous bullshit ideas spewed forth by fans of decline-perpetuating companies like Bioware and Bethesda. Find a horrible post or thread, post it here and say why and I'll put it in the OP. Stay vigilant, bros!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, who is "Lexirad"?

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=396#p5766
Lexirad said:
Off topic, I am SO excited for Age of Decadence. I played the combat demo for most of my Sunday. My boyfriend could not figure out why I was so addicted to a simple demo.

"The combat depth! THE COMBAT DEPTH!"

:incline: of females

Hmm...
211440_100002035844930_2770933_n.jpg

https://twitter.com/#!/lexirad

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
We shall go on to the end,
We shall fight in the forums,
We shall fight on the threads and posts,
We shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the polls,
We shall defend Wasteland 2, whatever the cost may be,
We shall fight on Twitter, we shall fight on Facebook,
We shall fight in Reddit and in /v/, we shall fight in Kickstarter
We shall never surrender.

ACES HIGH! And fuck the rest of the speech, The RPG Codex will not be subjugated, we don't scale to their level!
:mob:

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5246#p5246

This guy here is more retarded than the majority of you.

Tanglebones said:
skuphundaku said:
Eunuchs are also not represented! What to do, what to do? In all seriousness now, If you want romances, bromances and politcal corectness, Bioware is that way! They made a mockery of their former selves and the people who have been waiting for 11 years for a proper RPG should not allow Bioware's fanbase make a mockery of WL2.
Have you heard of the argumentative fallacy called "shifting goalposts"? It's what happens when someone starts losing an argument, for example, that there's no good reason not to include LGBT characters in a certain game, and instead of admitting that they're wrong, the person attempts to change what the argument is about, for example, by proposing that we should now talk about eunuchs.

Have you heard of an argumentative fallacy called "ad hominem"? It means literally "toward the man" and it happens when someone suggests that some perceived character flaw in their opponents, for example that they like Bioware games, disqualifies them from making arguments that have nothing to do with that character flaw. The quality of Bioware's games are not under discussion here.

As I told geezer, if you want to use the phrase "political correctness" you're going to have to tell me what you mean by it... and explain to me why I shouldn't have it. Saying "political correctness" isn't some "end the argument and I win" trump card.
Yeah, that guy (I suppose he's a guy) is a total retard. I couldn't believe the amount of stupid those 3 idiots listed by Twinkie in OP could be spouting in that thread.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=224

"The one thing that cinched my buying RPGs like Dragon Age II and Fallout: New Vegas was the inclusion of queer characters as heroes. If I can be assured that there will be positive representation of this underrepresented demographic, this market, of videogame players, I promise I will purchase and even preorder this game. It would mean so much to those of us who are tired of seeing and being straight characters deemed the only ones fit to save the day."

"Agreed. Please try to think beyond the white, straight, male demographic with your characters. Even a small amount of attention paid to diversity makes a work stand out from its peers."

What the fuck does the player character in a role-playing game have to do with fucking demographics? And how the fuck do you play an "underrepresented demographic" character? Does it automatically imply the inclusion of other "special needs" characters and proper interactions?

- "Hi, I'm a ranger, but I'm way more than that. I'm also a proud tranny. That's right. You were saved by a tranny. How do you like them apples now?"
- "What a coincidence! I'm a tranny too. I could tell you were one of us by the way you walked. Wanna suck each other cocks?"
- "Do I ever!"

Kitako

Arcane
Registered this morning (before seeing this thread), and happily sailed off the forums to see the magic.

Well... I failed the fortitude save.

skuphundaku

Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=224

"The one thing that cinched my buying RPGs like Dragon Age II and Fallout: New Vegas was the inclusion of queer characters as heroes. If I can be assured that there will be positive representation of this underrepresented demographic, this market, of videogame players, I promise I will purchase and even preorder this game. It would mean so much to those of us who are tired of seeing and being straight characters deemed the only ones fit to save the day."

"Agreed. Please try to think beyond the white, straight, male demographic with your characters. Even a small amount of attention paid to diversity makes a work stand out from its peers."

What the fuck does the player character in a role-playing game have to do with fucking demographics? And how the fuck do you play an "underrepresented demographic" character? Does it automatically imply the inclusion of other "special needs" characters and proper interactions?

- "Hi, I'm a ranger, but I'm way more than that. I'm also a proud tranny. That's right. You were saved by a tranny. How do you like them apples now?"
- "What a coincidence! I'm a tranny too. I could tell you were one of us by the way you walked. Wanna suck each other cocks?"
- "Do I ever!"
How about people with physical or mental disabilities? What about them? Why aren't they properly represented in this game? They're much more common than gays, so they should come first (pun intended)!

Renegen

Arcane

Volken

Scholar
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=450

agent of decline said:
having literal dialogue can be quite clumsy as the tone or intonation can be easily misunderstood, ambiguous dialogue getting me killed a few times in Fallout 1 & 2. Therefore I would suggest simplified dialogue commands closer to the Mass effect system (I stress closer NOT the same). This allows the intention rather than having to decipher the prose and allows for more fluid dialogue. Furthermore it would give great scope for hilarious NPC interaction as you could decide to ridicule, threaten or be passively aggressive and then laugh at the no doubt brutal quips.
:mob:
TO ARMS!!!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=450

agent of decline said:
having literal dialogue can be quite clumsy as the tone or intonation can be easily misunderstood, ambiguous dialogue getting me killed a few times in Fallout 1 & 2. Therefore I would suggest simplified dialogue commands closer to the Mass effect system (I stress closer NOT the same). This allows the intention rather than having to decipher the prose and allows for more fluid dialogue. Furthermore it would give great scope for hilarious NPC interaction as you could decide to ridicule, threaten or be passively aggressive and then laugh at the no doubt brutal quips.

TO ARMS!!!

Now that's got to be a troll.

skuphundaku

Patron
How about people with mental disabilities?

You mean half the people posting over there?
Yeah, that was the subtext.:D If it were really about representng those people in WL2, then half of the NPCs in the game would have to be retarded, crazy, violently insane, some kind of deviant or any combination thereof.

skuphundaku

Patron
These people are so pathetic, don't they realize the whole game has already been funded and their empty threats not to buy the game mean nothing? Just wait for the $1000 pledges to be open and buy a new one if you want a self-righteous immersion-breaking tranny character in the game.
Or they could go for the $2500 blood sausage tier because it includes the rewards of the previous tier. An exploded blood sausage for each tranny wanting to be included in the game would be hillariously appropriate.:troll:

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
Bioware fans outnumber us, and chances are, their donations to Wasteland 2 project outnumbered those of "sane individuals" as well.

Guess what's going to happen if Wasteland 2 actually starts resembling Fallout 1 in all the good ways...

Petitions, protest, withdrawal of support, "community pressure".

And in will go Bioware romances, out will go turn-based combat, and then Fargo will say that "they achieved a reasonable balance between old and what's expected from a modern game", and everything that that implies. He will also be drawn to the simplified Bioware model of dialogue and narrative control because it's much simpler and understandable to a modern game programmer.
Dude, I wouldn't worry so much. The polls are in our favour now and Fargo's twitter shows that he listens to the Codex. ;)

Shannow

Waster of Time
Bioware fans outnumber us, and chances are, their donations to Wasteland 2 project outnumbered those of "sane individuals" as well.
Who gives a fuck about their number?
:smug:

The man taking money from them, fool.
You mean the man who already has their money? The man who didn't mention gay elf buttsex decorate your hourse spaceship explosion with one word in his pitch and thus is under absolutely no obligation to put that shit into his game? You talking about that man? I don't think he needs to give a fuck :smug:

EDIT: Not that I think that in-your-face-gays make up any large part if the donors...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom