Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mantic

Educated
Actually wait, that's probably just how much AP it costs to fire that weapon.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I like the Ass names.

UI looks better than ever before.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The description of skills makes really want to play this game. I hope Brother None isn't lying to us about other areas not being like the prison.

Because if he is
8QNObIt.jpg

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Blaine brandishing a firearm said:
Stay away; I'm warning you!

Both a past date and a future date can be a given value of "away" from the present.

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/back.html

Ambiguity in the way people describe the manipulation of dates has been a minor quibble for quite some time, no pun intended. Common usage is the way it is because, as indicated by your metaphor, people imagine themselves facing toward the future and away from the past. This annoys me, and I'd prefer a more consistent terminology. "Back then" describes a past event, while "pushed back" describes a future event that's been moved even farther into the future. It may seem to you that I've missed something obvious, but I assure you I'm familiar with common usage and why it is the way it is.

Anyway, this is extremely dumb. I was dumb to make the remark in the first place, and even dumber to respond further. On the other hand, this is the Internet and it doesn't matter if I make an ass of myself.

gromit

Arcane
I agree it was dumb to provide such a thorough response to a one-line piece of shitty wordplay. But it was that really smart and involved kind of dumb, FWIW.

To be smart-dumb as well: I think it's less "toward the future, away from the past" (violated by "back then") as much as we view impending events as coming towards us. The "back" is relative to the events' point of view. Which is also terribly silly, but at least consistent.

Last edited:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Both a past date and a future date can be a given value of "away" from the present.

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/back.html

Ambiguity in the way people describe the manipulation of dates has been a minor quibble for quite some time, no pun intended. Common usage is the way it is because, as indicated by your metaphor, people imagine themselves facing toward the future and away from the past. This annoys me, and I'd prefer a more consistent terminology. "Back then" describes a past event, while "pushed back" describes a future event that's been moved even farther into the future. It may seem to you that I've missed something obvious, but I assure you I'm familiar with common usage and why it is the way it is.

Anyway, this is extremely dumb. I was dumb to make the remark in the first place, and even dumber to respond further. On the other hand, this is the Internet and it doesn't matter if I make an ass of myself.
The visual would be two people looking at each other. If the other person takes a step back, they move away from you.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ass names are Wastelandish then general "persuade" trio, I vote for keeping it that way.

Edit: This one is interesting;

"Safecrack: Chance of success and speed at picking safe locks, including on vault doors."

Bank vaults or Vault 13 ?!?

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/618060

Comments:

bublegumm about 4 hours ago
Guys, I respect all your work but judging by the latest screen shotshttp://i.imgur.com/gvW3YP4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eXiC66s.jpg
you are using parallel projection. It is just awfull and completly unnatural please switch to perspective projection

cherry blossom FASTER, PUSSYCAT! KILL! KILL!

(I'm pretty sure it's not actually parallel projection, so he's doubly retarded)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hiver, HERO OF THE CODEX, has fallen in battle: http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4545&p=77389#p77389

Brother None said:
hiver said:
The point is that your original "explanation" was ridiculously bad and insufficient and you havent made any of it clear at all.
No one else seems to have problems understanding what we're saying.

hiver said:
How fucking dare you?
Are you so pathetically desperate to invent some excuse to ban me?
How can you be so pathetic?
Apparently you already forgot when I told you "one more insult and you're out".

So there you go. Banned.

hiver said:
are you calling me a degenarate?
I clearly did not, I said threads degenerate. Your aggressively misinterpreting simple statements is a big part of the problem, though. But no longer a concern.

:hero:

S2ensuki

Learned

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Sure, it was crap for people who wanted to be dazzled by a slick machinima rather than watch a dude play an alpha version of an RPG.

tuluse

Arcane
Sure, it was crap for people who wanted to be dazzled by a slick machinima rather than watch a dude play an alpha version of an RPG.
What about people wanted to see an interesting scenario or two shown? Or more clever use of combat positioning than "put sniper on hill"?

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
What about people wanted to see an interesting scenario or two shown? Or more clever use of combat positioning that "put sniper on hill"?

Sure, I can agree with that. It's the comparison with the first video that kind of annoys me.

S2ensuki

Learned
I don't see why. It's the same freaking game. I don't care if the first one is pre-alpha and the second one is alpha. There is decline and I am more than happy to point that out, even if some of the features of the original were 'faked' to some extent.

At best you could say that the level shown in the recent video is hopefully not the best example of WL2 design.

Xeon

Augur
I kinda hope skills will have decent number of uses. The etiquettes in Shadowrun Returns was pretty disappointing with 1 or 2 uses.

Edit:
Since you get to create your entire party, Is it similar to IWD where you can remove and replace party members? Or stick with starting members?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom