Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Wasteland 2 Preview in GameStar Magazine

Stabwound

Arcane
Don't give a shit about the little details. This looks and sounds better than I had started to think it would turn out like.

weresheeple

Educated
What is the point of preventing their attack.they are a goddamn walking experience. And, it seems, crafting materials. And food.
Guano must be immensely valuable in the post nuclear world. Look at it as the Wasteland equivalent of the goose that lay golden eggs. Or stay in character and consider the advantages of having a giant pet animal over just killing the poor thing. Maybe you can sell them for a profit, too.

Canus

Savant
Are we sure Brute Force refers to breaking locks?
If it's a scientific skill surely it makes more sense for it to be related to brute forcing passwords. So a computer skill.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Backer-exclusive skills feel like a new low.

Ievqcr9.png

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Backer-exclusive skills feel like a new low.

And which was the previous low?
Maybe backer-exclusive updates? Although I don't think InXile ever did that (it's an idiotic practice, anyway).

He said backer-exclusive skills, but I don't know any other KS game offering backer-exclusive skills hence he is just bullshiting. It is just a flavor skill, it cannot be a low point if it doesn't matter.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think one of the reasons hoopy ragequit the Codex is because none of us gave a fuck about the backer-exclusive skill which he saw as some kind of horrible travesty

weresheeple

Educated
He said backer-exclusive skills, but I don't know any other KS game offering backer-exclusive skills hence he is just bullshiting. It is just a flavor skill, it cannot be a low point if it doesn't matter.
I figured he meant it was a new low for a Kickstarter favoring backers or something.

I think one of the reasons hoopy ragequit the Codex is because none of us gave a fuck about the backer-exclusive skill which he saw as some kind of horrible travesty
The whole thing is sort of redundant and I would rather not have some exclusive game content and risk InXile losing some customers who might be offended by the decision to restrict their access to game content (even if a simple .ini edit can solve it).

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I think I don't give a shit

FFS at best it's some extra lines of description and nods to the original wasteland. WHOA maybe it hints at a secret stash you'll end up finding anyway

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Who the fuck is hoopy and why should we care?

I thought the backer skills would really be completely useless (as it is now, it seems moderately useful if only for flavor), but what the fuck, how are people still surprised by its existence? It's been there right from the start.

weresheeple

Educated
Yeah, I know, but there are autists who will not buy it just because of that. Other than that, I don't care, either.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Shadowrun Returns has a backer exclusive DocWagon for your fallen allies and a backer exclusive ghost and I don't think anyone cares. :M

weresheeple

Educated
Shadowrun Returns has a backer exclusive DocWagon for your fallen allies and a backer exclusive ghost and I don't think anyone cares. :M
That might be because the autists I am talking about have more viable points to complain about regarding Shadowrun.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
The whole thing is sort of redundant and I would rather not have some exclusive game content and risk InXile losing some customers who might be offended by the decision to restrict their access to game content (even if a simple .ini edit can solve it).

It can't be much more than that, because otherwise too many people would feel entitled to get the game from tpb.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I think it means extra money for kickstarters. Some of the backers are very rich, with a little persuasion they may add another digit to their pledge.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I think it means extra money for kickstarters.

And pre-order exclusive bonuses mean extra money for the publisher/developer as well. Doesn't mean it's good practice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom