Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Wasteland 2 Preview in GameStar Magazine

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think it means extra money for kickstarters.

And pre-order exclusive bonuses mean extra money for the publisher/developer as well. Doesn't mean it's good practice.

The difference being that publishers don't need your preorder money to make the game.

Don't be naive - even here on the Codex you get people complaining that a tier isn't worth it unless they get goodies. Our Torment fundraiser barely got to $5000 due to that mentality.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
even here on the Codex you get people complaining that a tier isn't worth it unless they get goodies

Yep. While I don't actually publicly complain about things like that, I do select tiers based on goodies. But not on exclusive in game stuff. That's degenerate popamole shit.

And note that I do not disagree that it brings more pledges. I disagree with the practice.

Rake

Arcane
even here on the Codex you get people complaining that a tier isn't worth it unless they get goodies

Yep. While I don't actually publicly complain about things like that, I do select tiers based on goodies. But not on exclusive in game stuff. That's degenerate popamole shit.

And note that I do not disagree that it brings more pledges. I disagree with the practice.
I disagree with the practice as well.
But on the other hand it's no big deal. If someone didn't contributed in the game, AND is too dumb to change one number in the .ini file, he can live without a couple of extra lines.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
It's not going to be a big deal because you will be able to fix it easily, and there won't be much that you miss anyway.
If they would hide major features it would create a perfect excuse to go to filesharing sites, and I don't think they are that stupid.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Wasteland 2 has an extensive preview article in the latest issue of the German gaming magazine GameStar. The folks at official fansite Wasteland 2 Guru grabbed a copy and have helpfully provided a summary for the rest of us:

maybe i didnt understand well

The GameStar/RPS coverage is just based on studio visits/interviews. The next round of previews will be based on the GamesCom showing of the game. There's no press preview copy.

tindrli

Arcane
Wasteland 2 has an extensive preview article in the latest issue of the German gaming magazine GameStar. The folks at official fansite Wasteland 2 Guru grabbed a copy and have helpfully provided a summary for the rest of us:

maybe i didnt understand well

The GameStar/RPS coverage is just based on studio visits/interviews. The next round of previews will be based on the GamesCom showing of the game. There's no press preview copy.

i feel a bit retarded now

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
These factions are fucking great. :thumbsup:

CLASSIC seems like slightly revamped SPECIAL with Awereness replacing Perception, Coordination taking place of Agility and Endurance gone and replaced by Speed. I guess Strength will be the base of HP as well as melee damage combat-wise. This could be a good thing; I always treated Endurance in Fallout as a dump stat anyway.

I wonder if the radio broadcasts will be voiced or text-based. Not sure which I would prefer either. Brother None?

Infinitron, are you sure that Folklore is the backer-exclusive skill, not Toaster Repair or something else?

200K-300K copies is a really reasonable amount, considering worldwide sales. 200K-300K full-priced copies on the other hand...

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Infinitron, are you sure that Folklore is the backer-exclusive skill, not Toaster Repair or something else?

Yes. If you can find a copy of the German original (ahem, ahem) then you can see for yourself.
If I can find a copy and run in through my desktop google translate machine, then yes. ;)

Ok, ok, I will check Wasteland 2 Guru myself.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Yes. If you can find a copy of the German original (ahem, ahem) then you can see for yourself.
If I can find a copy and run in through my desktop google translate machine, then yes. ;)

Ok, ok, I will check Wasteland 2 Guru myself.

You don't need to know German to know what "backer exklusiven" means

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom