Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Looting random vendor crap from enemies is OK, though it's a bit MMOy.
Why does some "junk" glowing suspiciously? Crafting of some kind? Or can i sell any junk safely?

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
My A-team is doing great. Combat is OK, it could probably be a little better with aimed shots i guess. Not that sure about the also absent perks, iirc they didnt really add that much tactical options to FallOut?, so i could do without them. I have all the dialogue skills in my team and invested heavily in them too (BA= hard, Face=kiss, Hannibal=smart, and Murdock=animal whisperer...), and i like what im seeing sofar (which isnt very far but still..)

SniperHF

Arcane
Yeah the toad hits pretty hard now. Used to be pretty weak.

Just started playing, currently about 1/2 the way through AGCenter. So far the game is ok... not really blown away, but it's not terrible either.

Impressions:
  • Combat is booooring and formulaic (moreso than SRR, which isn't a high bar to clear). Maybe this'll change with humanoid enemies and cover?
AGCenter combat sucks. In the next two areas it gets better. Far as Arizona goes I would never say it's all that great though.

• Does dialogue design progress beyond 'exhaust all options (maybe hitting the hard/smart/kiss ass options when they come up) and occasionally choose the I ACCEPT THIS QUEST option'?

Not really. Again in Arizona.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
FUCK YOU MR. ONE HIT KILLING TOAD ASSHOLE.

Now you are dead. Fuck you.

Spreading out and keeping the long range guns at the back made short work of him. Literally noone in my group even got hit. Mind you, that took three tries for me to figure out. One in which everyone either missed or had a gun jamming. That was fun.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
LOL we can totally handle this lone gila monst....... oh there is more? two.... three.... four........

11736.png

Don't fuck with gila monsters... RUN AWAY!

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Russians get better prices not because of the EU but because they didn't get brainwashed by talk about how games are like cars and about how wanting regional pricing is entitlements.
Games are too expensive. News at 11.
Meanwhile national traitors at Gry Online write about how 140pln is an "affordable price". Fucking spoiled ignorants.

I know, bro. I almost never buy new games because of that. I used to pirate games a lot, but now that I do not even have time to play new games, and they are mostly rubbish and/or in need of 3-month-long patching anyway, I just wait for discounts and bundles. I supported Kickstarters because I got emotional and nostalgic, but I never considered it a smart decision, and it ate up my entertainment budget for most of 2012 and 2013.

Games are and have aways been expensive. Poland had some favourable pricing for a long time, because all games released here were localized and could not be reverse-imported into the west anyway. Now, with digital distribution putting us in the EU basket, with games having switchable languages, it is not coming back. We still get gems like Age of Wonders III Premium for $30 on release (region-locked, of course), but they are more and more rare.
I don't know. The last time I bought a new game published in Poland was with Arcanum. IIRC it costed me 165pln just like Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 in Polish version. By the way 165pln in 2001 was like 365pln in 2014.

I realised what kind of a swindle it is when I went to UK in 2006 and seen that all these "expensive" and "luxurious" music CDs, movie DVDs and games are in reality cheap copies for workers to buy for 2-3 hours for CDs and DVDs and about 10 hours for new games (okay, games are expensive. But most of western people I asked told me they'd pirate games if they'd have to pay as much as we do.).

All that talk about how we need to respect the "work of developers" while they spit on our work which we have to exchange for a copy of a game/music/movie.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In 2001, minimal wage was 559pln.
Is that a proper basis for assessment of the purchasing power? That's definitely way more than just what you get by applying inflation for every year, which would amount to something like 30% and not 120%.

Guess it depends on who's spending the money, right?

I don't know shit about how steam actually works, maybe somebody can answer this question. I bought Divinity OS and am done playing it, is there anyway to trade it now, or is it only able to be transferred before the key is used? Because if I could trade some of my old games with somebody who has an extra wasteland 2 key I might try to do that, but I am not sure it is possible. I am guessing it is not possible..but don't really know.

Haha nah, that's not how digital distribution works. It's yours and only yours, forever.

Or at least until some EU policy forces the ability to resell games on Valve.

thats what I figured, thx

nimateb

Augur
Are the higher difficulties just HP bloat or are there other modifications?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I think it's funny how the Wasteland 2 tumblr cares so much about scores.

I also enjoy how so many reviews bring up how much trash combat there is. Looks like sea shill was wrong about it being free of filler.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lab coat scientist Kathy Lawson has a portrait that depicts a warrior princess handling a crossbow.
All this despite a screenshot where there was a more apropiate portrait for this NPC:

Wasteland-2-screenshot-depicts-new-Dialog-UI.jpg

My question: so what the fuck happened?
Who was the FUCKIN moron who decided that kathy Lawson looks like this?

Wl2_portrait_ranger06.png

:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

EDIT: seems to be a bug because when Ms. Lawson goes to the lab it has a new portrait. Oh well...

Last edited:
In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
In 2001, minimal wage was 559pln.
Is that a proper basis for assessment of the purchasing power?
Yes. Without base value of work, numbers of "money" are pretty useless. After all, in the end it's exchanging work for goods.

That's definitely way more than just what you get by applying inflation for every year, which would amount to something like 30% and not 120%.
CPI has is 140% of the one from 2001.

Anyway, prices of games remained relatively static, so in reality the cost dropped 2,2 times.

Meanwhile cost of average goods has dropped 1,58 times due to inflation gobbling up part of increase of minimum wage.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Gotta say, having lots of fun with this. Don't remember the last game that I was so much into.

Anyone else got that bug with inventory freezing when trying to put something into the top-right corner slot? So far the only bug I encountered, but I'm only half way through Highpool. Weapons jam on me far too often though

Teh team:

cZJY2BT.png

Dick, team leader. Not half bad with assault rifles, does most of the talking. Likes to read Byron

nPptycB.png

Sally - Muscle of the team, fucks shit up close and personal, overall damage sink and intimidator. She still needs to work on not dying. Gonna give her heavy weapons later on

cWBOpe4.png

Tommy - Team tech and medic. And sniper, because his pathetic HP makes him vulnerable. Gets the most XP out of the entire team. Secretly, the father figure of the group

hODE5dX.png

Harry - Jack-of-all trades guy and urban wisdom repository, he's here to plug gaps in skills, and as a backup medic (surgeon). Gets all the shotguns we come across. Also responsible for getting his groove on with the ladies

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Looks like Wasteland 2's peaked for today and it couldn't even hit double-digit concurrent players. While I am of course quite pleased at its lack of D:OS-esque success, it did do better than M&MX and Blackguards which is good news on the "non-fantasy RPGs don't sell as well as fantasy" front.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Played ~3 hours and the first impression is that the game is good.

I've basically fought each encounter I had (around 4) and I've also killed everything on the maps. The problem is that I'm out of ammo or scrap inside the AG Center which means that I might as well start over.
Reasons: 1) no thief in my party, 2) expensive bullets (especially for the sniper), 3) game is balanced and 4) I'm as intelligent as kingcomrade.

Annoying shit:
- There is something wrong with the Unity engine, basically I get headaches from screen tearing. Which is fucked up because I've played Cs:Go without any problems for the last months.
- Economy is unbalanced as fuck: 10x difference between buying and selling some items. I don't think Barter skills helps too much ... unless is maxed.

Tip:
When distributing items be sure that you don't actually drop the item on the ground ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom