Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 to use Unity

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
I'm really disappointed to have read this thread without finding even one mention of sprite mirroring :(

St. Toxic

Arcane
Lol wats a sprite?

30hwxlf.gif

Oh, and REVOLUTION IS NOW AND ITS NAME IS UNITY! ALL BOW BEFORE THE MASTER ENGINE, DEATH TO THE UNBELIEVERS! UNITY IS THE FUTURE, PAST AND PRESENT. THERE IS NO I, THERE IS ONLY UNITY.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
The ironic thing is that, after reading the whole thread, lots of people, including myself, will be less and less inclined to try Unity not for the technical aspects, but because you would have to endure the facepalming dumbfuckery of fanbois like koyima and lmbarns. Just imagine coming with a technical issue or a bug report on the Unity forums, and having to check 25+ pages discussions of these arseholes defending "an hypothesis" and posting neverending list of crappy shovelware as a proof of Unity success and technical prowess.

Good job boys!

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer

Its the same with all the popular engines, that give them away for free. Massive forums full of kids and no help from the staff, because it is not cost effective.

lmbarns

Educated
:deadhorse:
The ironic thing is that, after reading the whole thread, lots of people, including myself, will be less and less inclined to try Unity not for the technical aspects!

*Giggles* like you could make anything anyways, nice excuse. "I'd make the most badass game, if not for what strangers post on the internet"

Please don't use it.

tiagocc0

Arcane
The ironic thing is that, after reading the whole thread, lots of people, including myself, will be less and less inclined to try Unity not for the technical aspects!

*Giggles* like you could make anything anyways, nice excuse. "I'd make the most badass game, if not for what strangers post on the internet"

Please don't use it.

*Giggles* like you know who you are talking to, are you a mind reader that knows everything about other people's life?
That must be the fucking lamest argument I have ever seen..

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space

Please don't use it.

I will not make the most badass game moron. I'm just pointing out the negative vibe you pair of shitheads (thanks hiver for the ideas) give to Unity and its community. Nice attempt tho, but no, please don't use it.

Edit: added moar context.

lmbarns

Educated
lol @ can't have many monsters on the same screen.

An individual made this AI package which he sells for $50, I'm sure a few master coders could clean it up and make it more robust/efficient without much trouble.

This is his video doing a stress test with AI: 250 units with AI duking it out, same scene...

Here's even a webplayer example (would be even better as standalone) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65183439/WebPlayer.html

Or here's a WIP from a team of 2 people: a full team should be able to do much more.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
The terrifying, neverending hordes of Unity fanbois.
I don't really get the obsession of defending their beloved engine. It gets the opposite result, with people annoyed with their infantile antics.

I mean, really? These brainturds think that with some YouTube videos of technical demos they will convince everybody here?

lmbarns

Educated
Yeah, I don't know anything about engines but now I'm glad not to have wasted my time learning.

We should punish them by releasing hiver on their forums. Or at least he could come in here and help take out the trash.
There are already too many high school students and pre-teenagers on the Unity forums... so I'm sure you'd fit in well. I'm serious, it is filled with fucking high school and pubescent teenagers who don't know shit. More-so lately.

But there are plenty of able-bodied people from many backgrounds and ranges of experience as well.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
I don't really get the obsession of defending their beloved engine. It gets the opposite result, with people annoyed with their infantile antics.

Have you tried the ignore function, with this new forum software?

I think it is fantastic. On top of blanking their comments out, it strips their comments from everyone's replies, so it feels like they are not here.

This is luxury. Thank you Dark Underlord.

lmbarns

Educated

Have you tried the ignore function, with this new forum software?

I think it is fantastic. On top of blanking their comments out, it strips their comments from everyone's replies, so it feels like they are not here.

This is luxury. Thank you Dark Underlord.
Nice tank dawg.

St. Toxic

Arcane
DO NOT SPEAK ILL OF UNITY, CRETIN! FILTHY SUBHUMAN, YOU AND YOUR INFERIOR CODE WILL BE ASSIMILATED! THERE WILL BE ORDER ONLY WHEN ALL IS UNITY!

ac3fw3.gif

tiagocc0

Arcane
I wonder if there are codexers on the Unity forums trying to convince them that Unity is evil.

lmbarns

Educated
I wonder if there are codexers on the Unity forums trying to convince them that Unity is evil.
Are you guys really that butthurt??

:bounce:
Why don't you make a Unity game to heal my butthurt?
Heal over time or all at once?

void Start(){ StartCoroutine(solveButtHurt(tiagocc0sVirginSphincter));}

IENumerator solveButtHurt(who){
yield return new WaitForSeconds(.5f);
who.hitpoints = maxHealth;
}
:kfc:

tiagocc0

Arcane
Are you guys really that butthurt??

:bounce:
Why don't you make a Unity game to heal my butthurt?
Heal over time or all at once?

void Start(){
Startcoroutine(solveButtHurt());
}

IENumerator solveButtHurt(){
yield return new WaitForSeconds(.5f);
tiagocc0sRearEnd.hitpoints = maxHealth;
}
:kfc:

Great! Now sell it at the asset store.

St. Toxic

Arcane
HORDES OF PHONE APPLICATIONS AND BROWSER-BASED MMO'S SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES! UNITY IS THE ONE, TRUE PATH THAT WILL LEAD HUMANITY INTO A GOLDEN ERA OF GAMING!

15i67x1.png

EG

Nullified

I mean, really? These brainturds think that with some YouTube videos of technical demos they will convince everybody here?

Doesn't stop the internal struggles on the Project Zomboid forums, this defending of the crown, that's for sure. And that's why I actively encourage it -- Some of us think we'll have Lemmy kill Binky, due to fan vs non-fan criticisms, by December.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Ok, I take back my claims that he is a unity employee. He's obviously in his mom's basement right now (I'm in the attic, so much cooler).
I hope you mean that figuratively because attics are hotter than basements.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It's funny because I do have to say I'm actually more concerned about their choice of Unity now, than I was when this thread started. Mainly because now, it would appear that Unity is the purview of mentally deficient 3D modellers where any question or doubt about the engine is met with a link to an online web browser game that's been made with it, while they salivate over the endless reams of jobs available for iPhone app developers because they think popularity is the be all and end all.

I'm really, really hoping inXile's 3D modellers aren't that bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom