Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Downloading now.......

Please be good! Please be good!
upload_2020-8-27_20-20-22.jpeg

jf8350143

Liturgist
Hope the optimisation is good.

Although I don't have much hope in this regard.

TheSoul

Scholar
For better or worse, I think this will be inXile's last chance of making a great rpg. Microsoft buying them makes me pessimistic about their releases after this. Still more excited for this than cyberpunk, vtmb2, or anything obsidian related.

CyberModuled

Savant
Kinda have to wonder if inXile will be Microsoft's secondary RPG development studio or just be fully turned into a VR one after post launch support of Wasteland 3. Aside from having experience with that one Bard's Tale VR game, they already have another planned and at this point, Microsoft technically still need their own VR device to compete with PSVR.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3/updates/1320

Wasteland 3 Now Available!

The long wait is over, Rangers.

The Wasteland 3 Fig campaign concluded at the end of 2016, and in the almost four years since then we’ve worked hard to make that promise a reality. Hopefully with the release of Wasteland 3 we’ll have met and exceeded your expectations.

Whether you’re a backer from the old days or you’re just now checking it out on Game Pass, we welcome you to our dark, funny, and gritty view of a post-apocalyptic Colorado. We invite you to take you first steps into the challenging tactical combat, and dozens of hours of deep story full of colorful characters, twists and turns, and brutal ethical choices. You’ll have to make choices and live with the consequences because Wasteland is a series all about reacting to your decisions, and there will be plenty of ways to change the course for Colorado and its people.

We’ve already had reviews rolling in, and the team’s been excitedly sharing 5/5 and 9/10 review scores with each other. But regardless of how the game is rated by press, we’re most excited to get it into your hands and hear what you think. So be sure to follow @Wasteland on Twitter, join the conversation in the inXile forums, and let us know how you’re enjoying yourself.

Thank you again to our backers, our fans both new and old, and any fans out there we’ve yet to meet. Your support and feedback are extremely important to us, and we look forward to continuing to support Wasteland 3 for the foreseeable future.

https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.wixstatic.com%2Fmedia%2Fc84f3a_c18753685f6f4a79a57f740b2295bed0~mv2.png

Wasteland 3 is now available across PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 (rolling midnight release), as well as with Xbox Game Pass. Head over to Wasteland3.com, and join us in our post-apocalyptic winter wonderland.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Kinda have to wonder if inXile will be Microsoft's secondary RPG development studio or just be fully turned into a VR one after post launch support of Wasteland 3. Aside from having experience with that one Bard's Tale VR game, they already have another planned and at this point, Microsoft technically still need their own VR device to compete with PSVR.

If Microsoft wanted them to do VR it would have bought the publishing rights to Frostpoint and made it a bigger game like they did with Wasteland 3. (Or rather, they would have acquired a studio really specialized in VR from the beginning.)

I'd guess only thing Microsoft cared about Frostpoint VR was removing Wasteland IP from it.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is one heck of an ugly game, somehow it looks even worse/more amateurish than Wasteland 2. It's so damn ugly it is making me not wanna play it. And I don't mean the graphics here only, the art style is just something else.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This is one heck of an ugly game, somehow it looks even worse/more amateurish than Wasteland 2. It's so damn ugly it is making me not wanna play it. And I don't mean the graphics here only, the art style is just something else.
Ahh to me it looked fine,nothing amazing. Tho there is a lot of cringe stupidity in the armours,make up,weapons etc etc.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ahh to me it looked fine,nothing amazing. Tho there is a lot of cringe stupidity in the armours,make up,weapons etc etc.

I'm fine with games looking subpar, it's something else going on here that just puts me right off.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

I'm fine with games looking subpar, it's something else going on here that just puts me right off.

Semi in agreement. The art style seems to have gone for a more cartoonish / XCom style vs. the 'classic' hand-drawn type style Wasteland 2 was going with. It comes off as basically a junior art designer's first 3D model implementation instead of homage to the isometric hand-drawn era. Feels like a downgrade, but I will still play for the story / world setting in spite of this.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Agreed, we are too lenient. Truly a moribund galley sailing the seas of corporate shit, looking incessantly for a shape on the horizon that doesn’t resemble a market-tested turd.

It makes people desperate, standards slip, and before long one claims to enjoy inXile and Obsidian games.

Many such cases.

randir14

Augur
Performance is much better than the beta. Back then I got 50ish fps in downtown Colorado Springs, in the release it's in the 80's. Only problem is some hitching.

Jezal_k23

Codexers act all oldschool but don't miss a chance to complain that games are not pretty enough for them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom