Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 3 coming to Fig on October 5th, introducing two player co-op and cinematic conversations

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
You know, since WL3 will be funded using the profits from WL2 as well as the Fig investments and the money from the new publisher, this could very well end up being the most expensive isometric RPG of all time. Bad news day for Larian to be sure.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Only shit I hate in games is exclusive shit for multi/co-op. Particularly in RPG's. Why should I miss out on certain stuff cause I can't find another loser to play with at a particular time?

That's why they're including random matchmaking. You'll always be able to find a partner as long as you have an internet connection.

This could revolutionize cRPG multiplayer as we know it.

Well that's all good when it's new.But multi communities tend to die off after a time. If the 'exclusive' shit is some extra fetch quest or some tiny map or arena, then ok, once is enough, but if a large percentage of the game it's a lot to miss if in future you want to replay the game. Unless there's still the option to do it by yourself(which would have to cancel the 'exclusive' bit I guess.)

You know, since WL3 will be funded using the profits from WL2 as well as the Fig investments and the money from the new publisher, this could very well end up being the most expensive isometric RPG of all time. Bad news day for Larian to be sure.

Well DOS2 will be out long before W3 so I don't see why it would be a problem for Larian...unless you are just poking fun about something Sven may have said(haven't been following DOS2 much to avoid spoilers).

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
InExile has also teamed up with Brotherhood Games, which is comprised of brothers Christopher and Nic Bischoff. While they’re also working on the Stasis and Cayne isometric adventure games, fans might recognize their work from a few clever experiments that showed Fallout 4 and BioShock Infinite from an isometric perspective. With their help, InExile intends to bring a new level of graphical polish to the wasteland.

"It looks great. It’s lightyears above where Wasteland 2 was, and it’s all in-engine," Fargo said.

I wonder how far that involvement goes exactly, considering the Stasis guys are currently working on two other games. Maybe Pyke can clarify?

Mustawd

The Fig campaign will have a goal of $2.75 million

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's not an outrageous number for Fig. Half of that or more will come from moneybags investors. See the breakdown for Psychonauts 2: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/psychonauts-2

That begs the question: should our Codex fundraiser be a pledge or an investment?
Maybe if we invest and Wasteland 3 is a smash success, Taluntain will finally be able to afford that golden toilet?

Screw that. We should invest that money in fixing the search function and actually making the front page have some content.

EDIT: Also, get rid of those Tyson chicken ads

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In

patron3.gif

Edit: :obviously:

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wonder how the camera is going to work with those stasis style backgrounds. Seems to clash with the stated goals of NuXcom style camera cuts and conversation closeups (unless they implement the FO1/2 talking head equivalent -- which I doubt).

Mustawd

making the front page have some content.
Has Infinitron died?

I'm referring to all the broken links on the front page:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/listgames.php

http://www.rpgcodex.net/listcompanies.php

And a slew of buttons that either don't do anything or just redirect to the front page. For example, the Articles link, just redirectis to front page. Which is better than a few years ago when it just said "This Feature is not currently available"

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's not an outrageous number for Fig. Half of that or more will come from moneybags investors. See the breakdown for Psychonauts 2: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/psychonauts-2

That begs the question: should our Codex fundraiser be a pledge or an investment?
Maybe if we invest and Wasteland 3 is a smash success, Taluntain will finally be able to afford that golden toilet?

Screw that. We should invest that money in fixing the search function and actually making the front page have some content.

If the Codex invested in WL3 (or more precisely in the LLC that receives a part of Fig's publishing profits), we would no longer be able to cover WL3 on the front page. I don't think the site could survive that.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The Stasis devs are involved, so the graphical quality is likely to noticeably improve from WL2.
And that is the only good thing about everything I read. I am still not sure if I want to support this after all that happened recently.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

If the Codex invested in WL3 (or more precisely in the LLC that receives a part of Fig's publishing profits), we would no longer be able to cover WL3 on the front page. I don't think the site could survive that.
After all the drama on Inxile, the Codex must be tagged as the laughing stock of the internet if we make another fundraiser for that studio.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck

On the other hand, making some profit from inXile's work would be an amusing act of retribution.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
I don't like the shiny graphics. Should've stuck with the shabby, dirty look of Fallout. :(

WL2 looked like thinly-smeared crap. There's post-apocalyptic on the one hand and there's just poor art on the other. The one thing that is actually interesting in WL3 is the art. That crashed aeroplane in particular looks great with the snow blowing.

Mustawd

We should at least do a fundraiser and then not give them the money at the last second. Say it's some kind of breach of an NDA.

Then we can spend the money on making our own brand of microbrewed beer. I say we call it Troll Juice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom