Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 3 coming to Fig on October 5th, introducing two player co-op and cinematic conversations

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Will probably play with friends after a sale. Also XCOM 2 combat sucked.

Fairfax

Arcane
  • FPS engine

Haha but many people on this forum have been begging the RPG developers to ditch Unity in favor of Unreal.
Because Unity is fucking trash.

I really doubt they'd switch to Unreal, though. Fargo is probably too cheap to give up 5% of the game's revenue even if the benefits are obvious.

He's already switched to it for Bard's Tale IV.
Forgot that even existed. 2 crowdfunded games yet to be delivered and they're launching another campaign... :M

Wait... Can we romance the in-game partner?
Nope.

But you can romance with your PC.

Just press the button to open your CD drive.

Put your dick in the middle hole.

Now press the button again.

Can you feel this painful feeling in the middle of you dick?

Congratulation, you've just raped your computer you sick fuck!!!

Bioware games aren't romantic enough for you?!

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd be more interested in a sequel to Wasteland 1.

But honestly, I have started Wasteland 2 up once, before the GOTY edition
and thought, well, I have supported something other people can enjoy at least
and not bothered again. Then again, I'm slightly drunk and haven't drunk posted
all year. But hey, I 'invested' in Barkley 2, why not Wasteland 3? Wait, am I
making any sense... Pour me another bottle of wine and wake me up
when the Colony rpg has arrived. Or Barkley 2. What ever's done first.

Citation needed, because I don't see an easy way to pull this off. Maybe if you had a laptop. Easy to pick up and down.

Holy shit!!!

And to think that I've asked my grandma to help me hold the computer, while i have a rusty laptop laying around, doing nothing... waiting to be molested?!

I'm such an idiot!

Mustawd

Citation needed, because I don't see an easy way to pull this off. Maybe if you had a laptop. Easy to pick up and down.

Holy shit!!!

And to think that I've asked my grandma to help me hold the computer, while i have a rusty laptop laying around, doing nothing... waiting to be molested?!

I'm such an idiot!

After some thought I figured that you can just lay the tower on its back and then proceed....

Oh dear. :shredder:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Bets on the name of Fargo's next company after inXile goes the way of Interplay, and especially what kind of games will it "bring back"?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Forgot that even existed. 2 crowdfunded games yet to be delivered and they're launching another campaign... :M
Having multiple projects in development was always the plan. The pre-production guys are done with BT4 - would you rather have them start laying groundwork for another game, or slack off and do nothing?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Having multiple projects in development was always the plan. The pre-production guys are done with BT4 - would you rather have them start laying groundwork for another game, or slack off and do nothing?

The plan was having two projects in development. This is definitely a non-ideal situation and they deserve to be hit with skepticism and lose money for it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

The plan was having two projects in development. This is definitely a non-ideal situation and they deserve to be hit with skepticism and lose money for it.
Torment is basicly ready, Techland is doing the console ports at this moment. So basicly they will have 2 projects in development, BT4 and this.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
This is definitely a non-ideal situation and they deserve to be hit with skepticism and lose money for it.

6619e1982b5f9a02d25897e8d415d5a784a754330a6054280ef3311416397d91.jpg

Aenra

Didn't read 8 pages of snarky comments (as are mine commonly enough,lol) but i guess it deserves to be said.. someone had a look at Larian's way and got jealous.

On a theoretical level, neither good nor bad. Practically speaking, multiplayer entails some very specific compromises. I honestly do not have those thieving conniving enterpreneurs capable of realising them, not without compromising the rest of the game.
My misgivings/dislikes about inXile and its shitty thus far products aside? We do have to hand it to Fargo. He picked up his B team, literally a B team, and told them 'if this works out, we'll be making RPGs forever'. And work out for them it did. Grats to him.
Sad news for me. Along with the other PC/crypto-librul idiots at Obsidian, they've proven just how low the bar is. Even among a supposedly "elit" and "monocled" clientele. Give them a whiff of what was, sans the depth, sans novelty, sans ambition or risk and they will gobble it up all the same; over and over and over again. Rather pathetic.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

They could start work on Torment: Director's Cut right now.

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
The only console port I'd be interested in would be of Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance.:cool:

Okay. Take the vodka or the keyboard away from me.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Out of curiosity, have the owners of Kickstarter ever launched a Kickstarter...?

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Bets on the name of Fargo's next company after inXile goes the way of Interplay, and especially what kind of games will it "bring back"?
InZolvency Entertainment.

He'll bring back forgotten old school genres like the classic MMORPG with his spiritual successor to World of Warcraft and EverQuest, Errand-Boy: Fantasy!™ the first game with full 100% Gamer Shoes™ integration. Every step your in-game avatar walks in Errand-Boy: Fantasy!™ you have to walk yourself wearing your Gamer Shoes™. While staying absolutely true to its old-school MMORPG roots it will also innovate with features such as realistic blister simulation, if your feet develop blisters while walking in your Gamer Shoes™, the Gamer Shoes™ will recognise this so your in-game avatar also develops blisters and suffers an in-game penalty until your own blisters have healed.

And after successfully funding Errand-Boy: Fantasy!™ on his new crowdfunding site, Raisin™, he will start a new Raisin™starter for his newly bought IP, Minesweeper. He'll reboot the franchise with Minesweeper: 3D, a VR re-imagination of the game faithful to the lore and spirit of the original Minesweeper game and at the same time updating the game for a modern audience with a more narrative-driven experience in addition to the added immersive benefits of a first person perspective and Virtual Reality. Never before has stepping on a landmine felt this real.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom