Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
It's fine, these replacements may have no soul, but they are clearer.

Which brings us to the AI button. It is a smudge. Find something cleaner and clearer

Gandalf

Arbiter
Take your meds button doesn't look very good, I think. It's hard to understand what the pic is supposed to be. It looks like a battery, camera film or a fuse. It does not trigger any feelings at all.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
The new Take your meds button sucks. Dr. Mario was better. It was clear what it was and it was funny.

Edit: Also, the Eldritch Horrors button looks more like Zuckerberg than Lovecraft at that scale.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex

Man made horrors!

I'm glad that fucker is dead. He was a hateful jackass. I read his book, When Will Jesus Bring The Porkchops. Aside from it being unfunny, loaded with material not good enough for a stand-up routine, there were whole segments that made me realize he hated the readers who bought the book. One chapter in particular was devoted to picking and eating scabs. Fuck him. I hope he is rotting in Hell.
George_Carlin_-_When_Will_Jesus_Bring_The_Pork_Chops_%28cover%29.jpg

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yo why did they remove Dr Mario version of "take your meds" over a soulless and inexpressive one? Boring.
The clues are all in front of you. This innocuous post in which I unconditionally praise Dr. Mario seems at first glance to be unremarkable, but look closer. DarkUnderlord himself reacted with a "Makes you think". Combine this with the obvious fact of my own growing Codexian influence (see: fully 6 "Yes!" reactions flocking to my banner) and it all falls into place. DU felt that control is slipping away from him; that despite his virtuous and correct selection of the universally loved Dr. Mario icon, it would become a symbol not of his own good judgement, but of my excellent taste and superior insight. The situation indeed "Made him think" and he realized that in the face of such a public disaster, his only move was a show of strength. He knew that Dr. Mario and myself were now inextricably allied, and that substituting the dull and unfunny "What is that? A battery? x1" button in Dr. Mario's place would recement his legacy for another generation. The suffering of the citizens of the Codex meant nothing. He must maintain control at any cost. My agenda would have come to fruition if I had only the wisdom to remain silent; the failure was mine in underestimating DU's political acumen. Once again he was right. It was the only choice.

Habichtswalder

Learned
Yo why did they remove Dr Mario version of "take your meds" over a soulless and inexpressive one? Boring.
The clues are all in front of you. This innocuous post in which I unconditionally praise Dr. Mario seems at first glance to be unremarkable, but look closer. DarkUnderlord himself reacted with a "Makes you think". Combine this with the obvious fact of my own growing Codexian influence (see: fully 6 "Yes!" reactions flocking to my banner) and it all falls into place. DU felt that control is slipping away from him; that despite his virtuous and correct selection of the universally loved Dr. Mario icon, it would become a symbol not of his own good judgement, but of my excellent taste and superior insight. The situation indeed "Made him think" and he realized that in the face of such a public disaster, his only move was a show of strength. He knew that Dr. Mario and myself were now inextricably allied, and that substituting the dull and unfunny "What is that? A battery? x1" button in Dr. Mario's place would recement his legacy for another generation. The suffering of the citizens of the Codex meant nothing. He must maintain control at any cost. My agenda would have come to fruition if I had only the wisdom to remain silent; the failure was mine in underestimating DU's political acumen. Once again he was right. It was the only choice.

Maybe DU is slowly swapping buttons to inferior versions because they want to sell skins for buttons in the future. Want to look your "Take your meds" like Dr. Mario and not like a lame bottle? Sure, it's just 2,50!

Who knows, tomorrow we might wake up and there is a horse armor button.

:negative:

ds

Cipher
Patron
I often find myself wishing that there was a puke button, disgusting usually doesn't convey the severity of how unpleasant I find a lot of things.
To bring this thread back on track, I think with the the games industry and the world is going I think we need more nuanced ways to express our disgust.
rating_prosper.png
TrumpDisgusting.png
rating_shit.png
and
nuke2.png
alone are simply not going to be enough going forward. To that end I propose the following addition:
cd2c106e81ace7e625d4bf6034ae6373fd6eebc71beb59091b12a13a26bd43cf.gif

It would also be useful to have :shitandpiss: in button form.
Reiszed to 22×22 pixels and repainted the eyes to not be blurry at that resolution:

puke.gif

Last edited:
The Codexian will do anything to avoid remembering the little amber friends that await them morning, noon and night. They must be reminded that taking their medication is not a puzzle game, but an essential part of their routine. In time it will all feel normal again.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Maybe DU is slowly swapping buttons to inferior versions because they want to sell skins for buttons in the future. Want to look your "Take your meds" like Dr. Mario and not like a lame bottle? Sure, it's just 2,50!

Who knows, tomorrow we might wake up and there is a horse armor button.

:negative:
Actually, why isn't there a horse armour button?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom