Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
All the other Trump ratings got removed ? :|
If he wins they should be available in all threads. If he loses we are all gonna die anyway so whatever.

Semiurge

Cipher
Underwhelming. I would've expected Howard Phillips Lovecraft at a minimum.
rating-eldritchcosmichorror.png
or
rating-eldritchcosmichorror2.png
for rating_eldritchcyclopeannoneuclideancosmichorror

What's the first one?

I vote for H.P himself, everyone will automatically make the right association without even seeing the caption.

Oh, they're both him.

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What is even the point of those Donut icons? What are they trying to convey? I absolutely do not understand these icons.
It's a reference to this dipshit, who showed up one day and decided he was in charge of all the artwork for the Codex. DU egged him on a little to make him waste a bunch of time (and possibly to teach him a lesson about respecting someone else's house), so the guy made a million gifs, including a bunch of donut gifs. It looked like the guy might figure out that he was being strung along, so the donut was actually added, perhaps to keep him hooked. It was probably selected from all those million gifs because it is stupid and meaningless. Soon the guy got mad that ALL his gifs weren't used, and he ragequit.

Normally I don't like explaining buttons but this story was so dumb that it deserves to be told. It's the kind of dumb where you shake your head and are ashamed you were there, but you can't help but smile a little bit.

I have no idea why the fuck a 2nd donut was added; you can't make something meaningless even more meaningless. Probably just senility.
Shame some of his were not implemented though, and only the dumb donut was. I really like
LqbjSfA.gif
much more than soulless :obviously:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

Semiurge

Cipher
That Peter Griffin is stale as fuck. How about

rating-eldritchcosmichorror2.png
x1 I believe these to be negro eggs.

As a reference to

Y6codYh.jpeg

On a more serious note, the "Ahhh" needs to go at the very least if H.P takes over for Peter.

damager

Arbiter
I realized all of these new buttons have a negative tone though. I there for propose to move the "Vatnik" and the "potato" smiley behind the paywall, and give us the "interesting" and "gimme dem dollarbills" smilies, to restore balance in the universe.

Because this give the impression this forum is only to taunt and troll people :negative:

Last edited:

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
horrorsbeyondcomprehension.png
Also, what the fuck is this, what even is that icon it's a smudge of white in a box, did anyone ever ask for this, is it just there to take up more space in the menu or what, I get that some are just DU injokes that zero other people even know and will get used about once per month of centuries but don't we already have enough of those

The bit where the quote is from seems to be hard to find online, so here's an overdramatized version of it:

chin balls

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What if there was a Happy Birthday! rating, that only appeared on the poster's birthday from their profile?

Also you'd have to limit editing your profile birthday to once a year so people wouldn't suddenly become dicks about it which would be a huge fucking hassle so never mind

Semiurge

Cipher
I realized all of these new buttons have a negative tone though. I there for propose to move the "Vatnik" and the "potato" smiley and behind the paywall, and give us the "interesting" and "gimme dem dollarbills" smilies, to restore balance in the universe.

Because this give the impression this forum is only to taunt and troll people :negative:

Codex punches in every direction, even in ones that don't exist in our three dimensions.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I realized all of these new buttons have a negative tone though. I there for propose to move the "Vatnik" and the "potato" smiley behind the paywall, and give us the "interesting" and "gimme dem dollarbills" smilies, to restore balance in the universe.

Certainly the vatdicks and wumao use this forum to harass, defame, bully and flame others. That is a given. Taunt and troll? That's mild in comparison.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom