Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

Peachcurl

Arcane
sumdrunkguy.gif

sumdrunkguy.gif

sumdrunkguy.gif
These ones are non-blurry. Compare and contrast:

sumdrunkguy.gif
sumdrunkguy_slowed.gif
The non-blurry ones are just scaled in bb code, rather than scaling the actual image. I guess most browsers do a better job at down-scaling images than whatever tool was used to generate the scaled image.

Semiurge

Cipher
Well not everything has to reflect my personal politics and ethics. The take your meds button just fits too welll with some of the shizo posts.

I like your AI button though. More comical and better readable than the original.

The chill-pill would've complemented the meds and batshit buttons well. Three stages of reaction for the varying stages of Codex madness. The chill-pill could be used when someone goes on a sperging rant or pops a vein like that JamesDixon character.

Semiurge

Cipher
The replacement of "updated my txt" is far better, thank you. The new donut however is still too blurry compared with the dancing donut.

And the gif should be lined up with the rest at the bottom, like the original dancing donut. This looks especially bad with the buttons that cut off at the bottom like that new potato. The original reaction margin didn't expand with the big buttons, now it does and adjusts the positions of the smaller buttons.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
horrorsbeyondcomprehension.png
Also, what the fuck is this, what even is that icon it's a smudge of white in a box, did anyone ever ask for this, is it just there to take up more space in the menu or what, I get that some are just DU injokes that zero other people even know and will get used about once per month of centuries but don't we already have enough of those

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Also, what the fuck is this, what even is that icon it's a smudge of white in a box, did anyone ever ask for this, is it just there to take up more space in the menu or what, I get that some are just DU injokes that zero other people even know and will get used about once per month of centuries but don't we already have enough of those
That's Peter Griffin.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What is even the point of those Donut icons? What are they trying to convey? I absolutely do not understand these icons.
It's a reference to this dipshit, who showed up one day and decided he was in charge of all the artwork for the Codex. DU egged him on a little to make him waste a bunch of time (and possibly to teach him a lesson about respecting someone else's house), so the guy made a million gifs, including a bunch of donut gifs. It looked like the guy might figure out that he was being strung along, so the donut was actually added, perhaps to keep him hooked. It was probably selected from all those million gifs because it is stupid and meaningless. Soon the guy got mad that ALL his gifs weren't used, and he ragequit.

Normally I don't like explaining buttons but this story was so dumb that it deserves to be told. It's the kind of dumb where you shake your head and are ashamed you were there, but you can't help but smile a little bit.

I have no idea why the fuck a 2nd donut was added; you can't make something meaningless even more meaningless. Probably just senility.

Last edited:

damager

Arbiter
What is even the point of those Donut icons? What are they trying to convey? I absolutely do not understand these icons.
It's a reference to this dipshit, who showed up one day and decided he was in charge of all the artwork for the Codex. DU egged him on a little to make him waste a bunch of time (and possibly to teach him a lesson about respecting someone else's house), so the guy made a million gifs, including a bunch of donut gifs. It looked like the guy might figure out that he was being strung along, so the donut was actually added, perhaps to keep him hooked. It was probably selected from all those million gifs because it is stupid and meaningless. Soon the guy got mad that ALL his gifs weren't used, and he ragequit.

Normally I don't like explaining buttons but this story was so dumb that it deserves to be told. It's the kind of dumb where you shake your head and are ashamed you were there, but you can't help but smile a little bit.

I have no idea why the fuck a 2nd donut was added; you can't make something meaningless even more meaningless. Probably just senility.
I was reading a few pages from the era of that guy and it's incredible how all the hundreds buttons he made none turned out better than we had before. Truly a talented individuum

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
You're ignoring 414 people.
batshit.png

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

The bit where the quote is from seems to be hard to find online, so here's an overdramatized version of it:

Semiurge

Cipher
Too few ratings, if any.
Yeah, and it is a tragedy that the quality shit and social credit buttons are locked behind a paywall

You can try your luck with our underlord and see if your sacrifice, a new campaign tag for example, confers a blessing. 2025 is almost upon us so that's one that you could work on. Be aware though that there's heavy competition from seasoned tag makers.

Semiurge

Cipher
That's Peter Griffin.

Underwhelming. I would've expected Howard Phillips Lovecraft at a minimum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom