Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
despair.png
overlaps with
sad.gif
and
rating_negativeman.png

vatnik.png
was obviously created by reducing the size of an existing image and is too difficult to make out the details; compare for example to
rating_ccp.png

horrorsbeyondcomprehension.png
is a more extreme case of an image being greatly reduced in size and becoming a blurry mess

updatemytxt.gif
is far too large, and people have already created better substitutes

outraged_potato.png
becomes indistinguishable when reduced in size due to its proportions; for it to be legible, it's necessary to crop the image vertically first

batshit.png
and
takeyourmeds.png
are redundant with each other and to a lesser extent with the existing
issues.png

ai.png
is alright

sumdrunkguy.gif
is far too large, and reducing it in size destroys the pixel art

miss_trump.png
is the best of the lot
shut the fuck up

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
If there is a vatnik button there should be a Zelensky button or NAFO for balancing purpose.
there's no balance involved, one of the sides invaded another
if you still don't get it after two and a half years of an armed conflict and ten years after Crimea, you're a fucking retard and the only rating for you is retadred
Vatnik-rating is also available.

ds

Cipher
Patron
despair.png
overlaps with
sad.gif
and
rating_negativeman.png
Many buttons overlap to some extend but I think
despair.png
is distinctive enough from the other two as it has more of a connotation that the negative view is unwarranted or exaggerated while the other two are taking part in the despair or at least empathizing with it.

Anyway:

I like this one :
journal1.png

Simple and to the point. No need to overdo it.
If either of these are used they should be modified to have a distinctive silhouette without a background. Just a cropped rectangle looks lame.

rating_2ndworld
YN9VFJP.png
I created this
YN9VFJP.png
in 2017, and it's much clearer than the current version with its lack of cropping.
That's better, yes, but it could also be slightly taller as many of the buttons are.

damager

Arbiter
I'm happy about the grey rainbow pessimism one. Lately you get spammed with "fabolous optimistic" for every comment that's confindent in favour of any mildly positive event, it's pretty gloomy. I literally thought we need "doomer" or "blackpilled" button because of this and here it is :greatjob:

Edit: the icon kinda sucks though

Last edited:

Kev Inkline

(devious)
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If either of these are used they should be modified to have a distinctive silhouette without a background. Just a cropped rectangle looks lame.

Yeah I agree, it was just a quickly done dirty placeholder. I can remove the background, if the powers(r) behind the forum would also agree this one is better than the current abomination that goes for :updated: rating.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I used to have a program that re-sized gifs.

I don't any more. Gone are those days. Lost in the past. Like tears in the rain.
AI should have been HAL9000 eye, easily understandable and easy to shrink into a tiny button.

Besides, SHODAN doesn't deserve to have her reduced to an unrecognizable smudge.

damager

Arbiter
In my opinion the only real good rating from the new ones is the Dr Mario one. Batshid crazy is also not bad. It's not that I oppose new ratings, I want them. But the ones chosen are just very mid to bad (text wise but especially the pictures suck). They just don't really reach the quality of the old ones. Like a typical Obsidian sequel.

A real "jew" button is way more overdue than any vatnik, pole or whatever unimportant race. A shill button too. Other examples I can't remember because of all flourides in the drinking water.

And I miss the "interesting" button that became paid DLC all the time.

Last edited:

damager

Arbiter
You should call the orginal button design team to fix the last button update.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
In my opinion the only real good rating from the new ones is the Dr Mario one. Batshid crazy is also not bad.
they're all bad
"take your meds" is extremely resetera-tier, I've not heard anyone say things to that effect who wasn't either a woman or a faggot with a mood disorder diagnosis themselves
medicating behaviour just isn't in a well functioning person's value set
an AI button would be a good shortcut for pointing it out to people, but the SHODAN icon feels contrived
something like this would get the point across much better
slekzkofxjqrx8rtpnxhrhvguuq7.png

damager

Arbiter
Well not everything has to reflect my personal politics and ethics. The take your meds button just fits too welll with some of the shizo posts.

I like your AI button though. More comical and better readable than the original.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Well not everything has to reflect my personal politics and ethics. The take your meds button just fits too welll with some of the shizo posts.

I like your AI button though. More comical and better readable than the original.
all my suggestions are great
20px-Xbox_button_X.svg.png
, this is doubt
citation needed does in a pinch, but it's not necessarily to cast doubt - sometime's one just interested in being spoonfed sources, name of a game/work, whatever
in a perfect world we'd all quote posts we agree with and add "+1"

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
A real "jew" button is way more overdue than any vatnik, pole or whatever unimportant race.
I'd love Tyrone back as the Shieet button, the current
claydavis.png
one is just bad. Let's face it.
You may know this, but the current one is from the Wire, Clay Davis. Thus I think it's fitting and rather good.

Oh I know, but I never watched that TV show and you can find all kinds of nigger saying shiiiet. It's just not the same as Tyrone.

Example; you could probably find many characters who said "ironic" but it's just not the same as when Palpatine says it.

Habichtswalder

Learned
The replacement of "updated my txt" is far better, thank you. The new donut however is still too blurry compared with the dancing donut.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom