Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Welcome to 2023

Arbiter

Scholar
Doom, X-Wing and Myst are turning 30 year old this year.

Next year WarCraft will turn 30 year old and WoW 20 year old.

In just 3 years classics like Diablo, Duke Nukem 3D and Quake will also turn 30.

Think about all the great developers who built those games and where they are now.

Desert Rat

Barely Literate
I can't believe WoW will be 20! I had 5 friends that would just spend hours in that game. I tried it, it wasn't for me, but I loved my friends' love for the game.

I remember when the panda bit of WC3 asked you to go online to get the rest of the game. Even back then I felt it wasn't a good sign...

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
1993 was in so many ways an excellent year full of classics we still talk about to this day. Its been said to be the last hurrah for adventure games as Lucasarts released their arguable best title, Sierra released some of their most beloved, and a lot of minor companies released their best titles. FPSes had Hired Guns, ShadowCaster and Space Hulk in addition to the obvious classic Doom. A lot of RPG series had their last good title this year.
Reminds me that for all game journos talk of games being art they never really bother celebrating old games anniversaries much. No one would ever accuse me of being a great fan of Wolfenstein 3D, but its a pretty damning statement that basically nobody bothered to write about how it had its 30th anniversary last year.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Doom-boxart.jpg

Hail to the King!

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Meanwhile in 2023, devs are releasing the second remaster of The Last of Us.

Reality is edging into full parody at this point.

Dr1f7

Scholar
devs in 90s (based): We need to hire... a computer nerds and geek gamer to make epic game!

devs in 2020s (cringe): We need to hire.. a pronouns??

Last edited:

Gahbreeil

Learned
Sarevok is the real deal OG. Kratos is just an edgy fuck.
IK, I don't even play GoW. I remember Kratos shags women during the apocalypse in order to restore health in the first installment in the series. Nowadays, it's a game for father and son to enjoy together. W00t

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom