Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood Released

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
My guess would be that Darkozric wanted to spice up JDR13´s mediocre day by fucking his cat, but JDR13 didn’t like it (his cat probably didn’t like it either).

Trotsky

Arcane
Razorfist did an arcade night on this game which is how I became aware of it and it seems pretty solid overall.

Codex Year of the Donut
It's not "mediocre", it's a decent beat 'em up. If it stuck more with that instead of the stealth stuff I'd even call it a good game. They don't really make games like this anymore.

fish.heads

Novice
Was that visual novel/interactive fiction type thing based on WTA any good? Or the VTM ones?

btw, there are not one, not two, but three prior attempts at making a WTA game, there was one Capcom was working on for the saturn back when they had some kind of deal with White Wolf, another from the late 90s that was supposed to be some kind of action RPG (which could mean anything), and most depressingly one that was going to be made by Troika as a successor to Bloodlines.

Saturn game:

The other one:

There's no footage of the Troika game but apparently they had a prototype using recycled assets from Bloodlines.

Between the multiple cancelled games, Bloodlines being a complete flop financially, Bloodlines 2 being repeatedly delayed, and Paradox firing everyone and basically shuttering White Wolf/Onyx Path after a V5 splatbook almost caused an international incident, I think WoD might be a cursed IP.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Played it a bit. It's an okay game, nothing much, but it has what I care about - stealth and werewolves. If you want story, dialogue and C&C, better play Heart of the Forest.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Based on the action I'd say the newer playstation one.

I like #3 the best in terms of raw fighting but 1-2 had great events. Oh #1 yeAh.

I don't like pussy modern rick tbh. True, we don't know much of crap about original rick and he dressed more like some hick working at a nearly deserted gas station.

Last edited:

Flying Dutchman

Learned
I was too lazy to sift through the thread and didn't want to give a bad trailer more views to discover the answer, but what's the problem with the stealth system in this game?

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I was too lazy to sift through the thread and didn't want to give a bad trailer more views to discover the answer, but what's the problem with the stealth system in this game?
I believe the problem is the player is a werewolf who can rip apart his enemies like wet tissue paper and there are no consequences for doing so.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
I believe the problem is the player is a werewolf who can rip apart his enemies like wet tissue paper and there are no consequences for doing so.

I'll shut up and watch the video but I'll check if the ripping apart happens in front of blissfully ignorant NPCs or ruins quest objectives or is just plain bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom