Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What are your Unpopular RPG Opinions?

rpg_ghoul

Literate
What are your Unopular RPG Opinions? Is X game overrated? Is X series overrated? Does x thing make game bad? You tell me.

Maxie

Being on the Codex automatically means you probably have "unpopular" opinions, like Oblivion is shit, Fallout 3 is shit, Dragon Age 2 is shit, etc.
if that were the case infinitron would've been banned the first time he newsposted about obsidian

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Dragon Age 2 is shit
"Dragon Age 2 is shit" is a popular opinion everywhere, even outside the internet. If anything, on the Codex it's regarded a bit highly than on the outside, since someone (myself included) appreciates its toned-down plot and the way interactions with companions are handled.

"Fallout 3 is shit" is an unpopular opinion?
Normies love Fallout 3. You can't be bothered by its flaws if you don't know any better.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Cough it up, your wife's gonna eat you anyway.

Okay, I'll say it.

RTwP is fun.
cf43fa7cfeb9089a7750f82b5e7c0a07.jpg

Generic-Giant-Spider

SEE, NOW YOU'RE ALL GOING TO FUCKING DOGPILE ON ME FOR SAYING THAT.

BUT I CAN'T LET IT GO ANY LONGER, I AM TIRED OF LIVING THIS CHARADE. I LIKE RTWP COMBAT. IS TB BETTER/MORE COHERENT? YES, IT IS, BUT RTWP INTRODUCES CHAOS AND ON-THE-FLY THINKING THAT SEPARATES THE MEN FROM THE BOYS.

...Oh yes Codex, I deceived you all. I was all "heh whatever" about BG3 and rolled my eyes at it all cool like. But the truth? Seeing it wasn't going to be RTwP saddened me, it saddened the CHILD WITH WONDER in me. Knowing I'm going to have all these fucking trash mob encounters that will take 8 minutes with animations when RTwP would let me just kill them in 15 seconds, maybe 10 depending on how encumbered my guys are.

You know what else, Codex?

rips off shirt to reveal another shirt beneath it plainly reading:

"RTwP Sympathizer"

I'm joining THE N... W... O.

Generic-Giant-Spider

RTwP is superior to Turn Base.

Don't say that. Don't ever say that. You're too young. You have too much hope. You are the young blood of today. Don't do this. Don't die with me on this hill.

Stay here... where it's warm...

Promise me... promise me you will never do this.

CreativeSeparateAlbino-max-1mb.gif

PROMISE ME.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
One thing I admired about FO3 was that it felt almost impossible to go everywhere, do everything, and see it all in one playthrough. FNV seemed much more finite, at least when it came to locations. I remember randomly finding a disgruntled BoS (or maybe he was Enclave) soldier in FO3 trudging back and forth with armfuls of mudcrabs mirelurks and burning them in a pile after an attack en masse by them that happened when I wasn't around . He was fully voice acted and felt it was beneath him. It was a cute surprise. Just a little moment in a huge game that was enjoyable to me.

xuerebx

Erudite
I loved Bioware's Neverwinter Nights 1 as it got me into RPGs (together with Morrowind, but they're vastly different) when I was just 11-12 years old. Everyone here calls it shitty except for the fan mad modules, but in my case I *only* played the OC and the expansions (Underdark and Undrentide) and fell in love with the game (I remember trying to play online once and got my ass handed to me). These days RtwP aren't my cup of tea, and I tried to play the game again last year but just couldn't get into it. Anyway, it's now safely sitting at the back of my mind in the nostalgia cavern.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom