Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry What do we know of Wizardry 9?

Pagen Pilot

Barely Literate
So I'm starting to get back into wizardry series, and reading about how W9 was under development before SirTech Canada went under, got me wondering. What do we know about W9? Are there are any design, story etc materials floating around? None online that I can find, besides a map but that looks like it was for Stones of Arnhem (might have been W9 after savant trilogy and SirTech trying to salvage SoA). Does anyone know about gameplay, game design, setting, story etc? Any ideas on how to get them? I know there were some ebay actuations here and there including the Stones of Arnhem one.

Szenhidrat

Novice
Hello and welcome to RPG Codex!

As for your question, the answer(s) you got on reddit are pretty much spot on.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
AFAIK it was early in the development and there wasn't much set and done yet, so probably there wasn't anything you are looking for.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is by the way the map you are refering to, I'm posting in case someone else is interested:

2TUyB0v.jpeg

AM0zgo3.jpeg

mZhT7TQ.jpeg

BPeh7ID.jpeg

1LZJqhZ.jpeg

xzNbCEc.jpeg

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/gamecollec..._original_world_map_used_in_wizardry_9s_game/

Pagen Pilot

Barely Literate
Hello and welcome to RPG Codex!

As for your question, the answer(s) you got on reddit are pretty much spot on.
Yah thanks. One reply did say developers were planning to tone down scifi elements so that is an interesting angle to extrapolate from.
AFAIK it was early in the development and there wasn't much set and done yet, so probably there wasn't anything you are looking for.

True, been looking through old recovered wizardry 8 interviews and cant find anything substantial about W9 and W10 besides "we have big ideas".
This is by the way the map you are refering to, I'm posting in case someone else is interested:

2TUyB0v.jpeg

AM0zgo3.jpeg

mZhT7TQ.jpeg

BPeh7ID.jpeg

1LZJqhZ.jpeg

xzNbCEc.jpeg

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/gamecollec..._original_world_map_used_in_wizardry_9s_game/
Fairly certain that map is back from Stones of Arnhem, not what Sir Tech Canada was planning for W9. Redditor comments were probably wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom