Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

plutonia is so great it made me ragequit at level 3

or was that evilution, i always mix them up

because they are BOTH SHIT

Laugh at this fool, he messed up and played evilution twice.

Plutonia exists as god's gift to gaming to weed out the casuals and those who don't actually like FPS games.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hellpoint is done. That is game #3 of the year beaten. Took me less than 20 hours to beat. It was easier than all From Souls games that I have played. I took a quick glance at YouTube after I was done. I missed the true boss and ending, plus some other side stuff. All in all, it was fun but a bit janky.

I might have to give up on Elden Ring. While I like the Souls games (beat Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, played Bloodborne for a while), and having a decent time with Elden Ring, I cannot beat Malenia. I will grind for a while, and do other stuff, then we'll see. If I cannot do it, I will put the game back in my backlog and return at a later point.

snoek

Cipher
I played a bit of wargame: red dragon again the last few weekends .. friendly AI is super broken like 80% of the time when you play skirmishes for some reason. It ruins it for me. I used to play with a friend for a bit but he's also lost interest because it's too hardcore for him (I think).
Also I have close to 200 hours in the game and I'm getting kind of tired of it. Contemplating if I should get WARNO or one of the other wargame inspired spiritual successors instead.

I tried getting started in Underrail again but I'm always getting my ass kicked in the beginning stages of the game .. Why is this game so hard, wtf?

Have bought Yakuza 0 for a fiver a while ago and I'm planning to play that after hours for a bit to get the daily stress out of my system.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
but Dissolution of Eternity was as well.
While a bit weaker than scourge of armagon overall and easier on hard difficulty, it's still featured some nice looking locations.
rX9HGvd.jpg
Also, oneshoting death knights with triple rocket launcher feels satisfying.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Tried some other boomer shooter demos by the way.

Ultrakill
I liked it. Not a super fan of small arena shooter format but the movement feels great.
Chose the harder difficulty instead of recommended normal one and the game kicked my ass a few times, especially at that dual statues boss fight.
Cultic
Meh. Graphic wise I prefer crispy to blurry. Very long loading times for something that looks so blurry.
Demo level felt kinda empty at the beginning but sorta pick ups the pace later. Shooting itself feels good, but blowing up cultists feels nowhere near as satisfying as it is in Blood.
Played it on normal, should have chosen the harder difficulty.

Speaking of Blood, i am currently in the middle of the third episode. It's not bad so far.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Having fun with Tides of Numenera. Its a nice change of scenery compared to the usual medieval RPGs i play. Plus the music and some of the aesthetics give me nostalgic feelings from when i played PST, so im having a good time with the game. 10hrs in so far.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Some other demos i played

Wizordum
A cute little game. Feels a bit too simple for my tastes. Like the graphics.
While it doesn't require to hit enemy seven times in order to get the kill, the basic mace doesn't feel as satisfying to use as the one wielded by cleric from Hexen. Weird.
Beyond Sunset
Looks very pretty. Another game in which i suffered because i didn't listen "before you get used to controls we recommend you choose easier difficulty bla bla bla" and picked hard.
It marks all the secrets on your map for some alien to me reason.
It's also reminded me of Selaco, in the sense that it made me instantly not wanna read any of the logs.
Overall, the game is somewhere between ok and good. Made me wish i could jump on top of enemies like Caleb.

Dr1f7

Scholar
man resident evil (1) really falls off after leaving the mansion
was a great spooky zombie game now I'm here dealing with crocodile people, sharks, bees, snakes, plants?
also at this point in the game I know none of the enemies are really going to be a threat so the thrill is gone
wtf were they thinking

Dr1f7

Scholar
man resident evil (1) really falls off after leaving the mansion
was a great spooky zombie game now I'm here dealing with crocodile people, sharks, bees, snakes, plants?
also at this point in the game I know none of the enemies are really going to be a threat so the thrill is gone
wtf were they thinking
also the puzzles are immersion breakingly simple
guy designing mansion puzzles must have been a literal zombie: "HAHA NOBODY WILL EVER REALIZE THAT YOU CAN RUN UNDER THE NOISY MOVING EAGLE STATUE!! *drool*"
"HAHA NOBODY WILL EVER REALIZE THAT YOU PUSH THIS STATUE INTO THAT SLOT MWA-HAHAHA *drool* *drool *drool"
"HAHA NOBODY WILL EVER THINK TO LOOK AT THE PAINTING RIGHT NEXT TO THE CLOCK I AM EVIL GENIUS HAHAHAA *drool* *drool *drool"

Last edited:

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Finished Underdark Overbright, an episode for Quake that showcases the copper mod.
I liked these levels very much, they look pretty and feel fresh to play despite not introducing any radical changes to the Quake formula.
My favourite combat encounter was probably the one in which you face two vores and the surrounding them zombie crowd. The former are just asking to guide their missiles towards the latter.
YOzCfyV.jpg

Also tried Punishement Due. So far i feel that certain encounters are a bit too bullshit but it's good overall.

Also completed the third episode of Blood. It was kinda weaker compared to the previous two. That carnival level still remains the game's peak for me with some other levels coming close second.
Switched to Nblood sourceport for the fourth episode, it's a lot better than buildGDX so far.

Last edited:
20230114212340-1.jpg

Been going through Tropico 6. The only other Tropico I played was 4 and that was way back at launch without any of the DLC. The kind of series that's hard to even remember what's different between iterations.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Send help.
A reply was posted elsewhere.
* one third of the reply
I am yet to encounter the worst example of this, sounds concerning.

By the way, i finished the four original episodes of Blood. Chernobog is a bitch.
vGQJ1S2.png

The fourth episode was better than the third one, but still not on the level of the first two.
Only issue i found with NBlood sourceport is Caleb struggling to get out of water. All Blood sourceports i tried seem to have at least some issues.
It was a good experience overall. Movement feels great, setting enemies on fire never gets old and levels have just the right amount of mazeness to them.
It's quite telling how the very first shooty weapon you get is a flair gun that slowly sets people on fire. Like, the priorty was to give player a slasher maniac arsenal rather conventional FPS weapons.
:5/5: burning gargoyles out of:5/5:, would burn them again.
46KIje2.png

^This level was pretty disgusting tho

Caim

Arcane
20230114212340-1.jpg

Been going through Tropico 6. The only other Tropico I played was 4 and that was way back at launch without any of the DLC. The kind of series that's hard to even remember what's different between iterations.
A game pitch that has set up in my mind rent-free recently is Tropico except instead of El Presidente you're an evil overlord in a fantasy world whose objective is building up your dark realm and keeping your subjects productive while lining your pockets and balancing the wants and needs of various factions including the orcs, necromancers, demons, dragons, the unseelie court and more.

fork

20230114212340-1.jpg

A game pitch that has set up in my mind rent-free recently is Tropico except instead of El Presidente you're an evil overlord in a fantasy world whose objective is building up your dark realm and keeping your subjects productive while lining your pockets and balancing the wants and needs of various factions including the orcs, necromancers, demons, dragons, the unseelie court and more.
That's not what Tropico is? Sorry, never played one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom