Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What happened to "mature" art direction? Everything is Overwatch now

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Exibit 3, since CDPR is basically a western dev now:
49845296.jpg

original.jpg

cyberpunk_2077___panam_end_by_mrodex_dfkhla0-fullview.jpg

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
No he didn't
He loved tales of chivalry
Dom Quixote is a parody, not a satire
This guy is usually wrong on just about everything, but he's right here.

Don Quijote is one of the most brilliant, funny, clever books ever written, especially because the author loved its source material so much. It's a beautiful thing, and anyone who doesn't understand that Quijote is in every way a powerful tragic figure rather than simply a ridiculous loser has watched too much Monty Python and suffers from brain rot.
everyone who meets him literally despairs that such smart and good man loses himself only when it comes to chivalric romances.

Axie

Scholar

Furthermore I believe there was an old term for this in art circles ("barbarogenius") which is sometimes used to describe a simple man who was born with incredible talent (for singing, painting, etc.)
That is not what barbarogenius (Барбарогеније децивилизатор/Barbarogenie le Décivilisateur) mеans. Look up: Zenitism/Zenitizam.

EDIT: The struggle with decline was there, even century ago. :negative:

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Cheap shock value isn't art and never will be art. It is so prevalent in conceptual art circles because it doesn't require talent. You can now duct-tape a banana to a wall or smear shit across it and call it art. Thanks to idiots such as Marina Abramovic. Art = talent or skill.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I doubt that. Plenty of his contemporaries drew similarly obscene stuff for fun. People were a lot more chill 100 years ago.

Last edited:

Melcar

Arcane
Personally I am more of a Luis Royo fan. Him and Frazetta have lots of "lewd" stuff out there and lots of it are not just "sketches" and doodles for fun.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
King Arthur: Knight's Tale.
I tried this and found it overly simplistic and easy with small party size and lacking customization.

I'm also not a fan of the grimdark style. Everyone says knights and chivalry are cliché but I can't think of a single property since Excalibur that actually plays it straight. Everything is a subvsersion, everything is an 'alternate take.' No one really wants to do medieval romance like 'The Song of Roland', even 500 years ago Cervantes thought knights were a joke.

I want an unstoppable hero killing 1000 Saracens before falling on his sword. I want Orlando going insane and Astolfo flying a hippogriff to recover his wits from the moon. Basically I want something like The Last Samurai for the west, that
romanticizes the shit out of knights and chivalry. But no one even tries because they think it would be hokey and dumb. Maybe it's all Monty Python's fault, and this is an over correction.

I think I have just found the thing for you, although its a book and not a game,
images

Frozen

Arcane
Answer to this thread question is too much writing but short version is> rich Jews in America monopolizing and usurping all the arts for so long and spewing and pushing incompetence from nepotism in their (and not just their) ranks that became a norm in all forms of expression.
And because (unfortunately) kwa still dictates mainstream pop culture, it lowers global IQ and quality everywhere.

nice example>

untalented Jew work considered great art (lel)

4RFSNXD3WPZJKT32IAHUP5MXWQ.jpg

A 10yo could draw this shit.

So it's, worthless Jewish "artistic" "culture" that won in America that is to blame. Its similar in other parts of the world, if not Jews its some other group of mediocre talentless people, but with power to monopolize what and who is pushed.

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
I doubt that. Plenty of his contemporaries drew similarly obscene stuff for fun. People were a lot more chill 100 years ago.
Why do you keep saying 100 years ago? He did as much of his art in the 80s and 90s as he did in the late 60s when he started his career and 70s. He died in 2010.

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I know. Like I said, I very much doubt there is anything gay or cucked about Frank Frazetta. Dude was a chad.

Shaki

Arbiter
Fortunately AI can't have a cuck fetish, and I doubt we'll have any human artists left few decades from now, so the future looks bright

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
tumblr_inline_p94zkauH9p1uy3kof_640.jpg

Example from cartoons. The same decline infested all other media as well. From traditional, realistic, renaissance, manly style of art, to the cucked, talentless hogwash for little boys infused with estrogen.

Lemon

Arcane
Answer to this thread question is too much writing but short version is> rich Jews in America monopolizing and usurping all the arts for so long and spewing and pushing incompetence from nepotism in their (and not just their) ranks that became a norm in all forms of expression.
And because (unfortunately) kwa still dictates mainstream pop culture, it lowers global IQ and quality everywhere.

nice example>

untalented Jew work considered great art (lel)

4RFSNXD3WPZJKT32IAHUP5MXWQ.jpg

A 10yo could draw this shit.

So it's, worthless Jewish "artistic" "culture" that won in America that is to blame. Its similar in other parts of the world, if not Jews its some other group of mediocre talentless people, but with power to monopolize what and who is pushed.

I don't think it's necessarily incompetence but a reflection of their culture, and on an individual artists level, their souls.

TedNugent

Arcane
Everything? I think not!

202401131026561.jpg
What game is this?

Second look, lion head pauldron annoys me but other than that it nearly does it for me.

Fully agreed, here are some more examples of good old mature art direction:

3fc8da33-64be-4953-ad26-5d5a44a6adba.jpeg
You know, despite how inexplicably visually annoying this image is, the horse is actually rendered realistically, and I appreciate the fact that he is holding the reins and the handle inside of his center gripped boss held shield. He also seems to be wearing practical clothing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom