Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What If Black Cat Was A 3,000+ Year Old Alien? (LR: Nemesis)

SoupNazi

Vaarna_Aarne said:
Your super alter ego has slept with a large number of people inbetween that point and present day, and Madge doesn't say a single complaint about that.

That's fine as long as they gave her a shitload of gifts.

Black Cat

Magister
@ Vaarna

But they weren't together when she did! He was, officially, trying to kill her! XD

Though... Wait, wait. He got with Zealot just once and it was for reproduction purposes? Hm. So...

Okay, incoming twist detected. ;)

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Well, I really enjoyed that. Nemesis is a really good character in this mini, and I thought the art was generally really good, including some neat costume design. Yes, it was of course needlessly exploitative with unrealistic physiques all around, but that's getting harder and harder to be bothered by. This gave me a total semi, tho

You know what I think the biggest flaw was? The needless romantic subplot. It doesn't add anything, at least not to this story specifically. Taken without context, as a story in and of itself, it would've been much, much better from a narrative perspective if the whole romantic subplot is cut out so Majestros doesn't fly in at the last second to herpdederp in a happy ending, and Nemesis just dies after finally achieving all her goals.

Sceptic said:
Wildstorm's really growing on me. There's plenty of derp, but when it's not derpy it's pretty good. Definitely a more interesting treatment of superheroes than usual.

Same.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The big thing with WildStorm was that their universe was pretty much defined by Warren Ellis (and to an extent Moore), and those that came after (Ed Brubaker, Christos Gage, Gail Simone, Robbie Morrison, etc) had quite a bit of freedom when writing for them. It also helped that Jim Lee was a big proponent of hiring newcomers to the business and actively promoting his idea of everybody being able to make comics if they work hard on it.

They also had the extremely robust America's Best Comics label, which was the last mainstream place in the industry Alan Moore ever worked with, and an equally robust hard sci-fi comics line-up (mostly inhabited by Warren Ellis, with comics like Orbiter and Global Frequency).

Someone put it quite well in a retrospect column when DC announced they were shutting WildStorm down: Following initial dawdling in the early 90's, WildStorm was a company that produced comics that were critical successes and economic catastrophes.

Anyway, Armageddon incoming.

Vaarna_Aarne

WNE6v.jpg

kJI3f.jpg

6sA3Y.jpg

61ffr.jpg

Rbh0I.jpg

ZaPm0.jpg

so9wZ.jpg

KBVud.jpg

UL3Fj.jpg

M2qn7.jpg

Pco1d.jpg

cemDj.jpg

Ho7fm.jpg

nMedS.jpg

v86ws.jpg

OyAIi.jpg

d4d3V.jpg

CMhKF.jpg

H4DkA.jpg

2d7wm.jpg

GsTH0.jpg

Zxm9C.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
Did we ever find out who (I'm guessing TAO) fucked up Nemesis prior to armageddon?

Also:

Wildstorm_Revelations_Nemesis%27_reasons..jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
By the way. I found a torrent with 12 gigs of wildstorm comics. Some of them you've already posted, I've no idea if any of the others are any good. Any of the following comics worth getting for lulz?

Allegra #1-4
Backlash #1-32
Backlash and Taboo's African Holiday
Black Ops #1-5
Black Sun #1-6
Brass v1 #1-3
Brass v2 #1-6
Captain Atom Armageddon #1-9
Coup D'Etat #1-5
Cybernary #1-5
Cybernary 2.0 #1-6
Deathblow v1 #0-29
Deathblow v2#1-09
Deathblow - By Blows #1-3
Divine Right #0-12
DV8 #0-32+Annuals
DV8 vs. Black Ops #1-3
Gen12 #1-5
Gen13 v0 #1-5
Gen13 v1 #0-77+Annuals
Gen13 v2 #1-16
Gen13 v3 #1-26(current series, up to date)
Gen13 Bootleg #1-20+Annuals
Gen13 Interactive #1-3
Gen13 Magical Drama Queen Roxy #1-3
Gen13 Ordinary Heroes #1-2
Gen13 European Vacation Collection
Gen13 Going West
Gen13 Grunge Saves The World
Gen13 Medicine Song 2001
Gen13 Rave
Gen13 Science Friction
Gen13 The Unreal World
Gen13 Wired
Gen13 Yearbook 97
Gen13 A Christmas Caper
Gen-Active #1-6
Grifter v1 #1-10
Grifter v2 #1-14
Hazard #1-7
Jet #1-4
Jezebelle #1-6
Monarchy #1-12
Mr. Majestic v1 #1-9
Mr. Majectic v1 #1-17
Phantom Guard #0-6
Planetary #1-26
Planetary Nuclear Spring
Planetary vs. The Authority - Ruling The World
Point Blank #1-5
Sci-Tech #1-4
Sleeper v1 #1-12
Sleeper v2 #1-12
Stormwatch v1 #1-50+Annuals
Stormwatch v2 #1-11
Stormwatch Team Achilles #1-23
Stormwatch PHD #1-17(current series, up to date)
Team 7 v1 #1-4
Team 7 v2 #1-3
Team 7 v3 #1-4
Team one Stormwatch #1-2
Team one Wildcats #1-2
Team Zero #1-6
The Authority v1 #1-29
The Authority v2 #0-14
The Authority v3 - Revolution #1-12
The Authority v4 #1-2
The Authority v5 #1-6(current series, up to date)
The Authority Prime #1-6
Secret History of The Authority-Hawksmoor #1-6
Secret HIstory of The Authority-Jenny Sparks #1-5
The Authority - Kev
A Man Called Kev #1-5
More Kev #1-4
The Magnificent Kevin #1-5
The Authority - Devils Night
Midnighter #1-20
Midnighter/Grifter
The Authority - Human on The Inside
The Authority - Scorched Earth
The Establishment #1-13
The Kindred I #1-4
The Kindred II #1-4
The Patriots #1-10
Union v1 #0-4
Union v2 #1-9
Union - Final Vengeance
Welcome To Tranquility #1-11
Wetworks v1 #1-43
Wetworks v2 #1-15
Wetworks - Nighttribes
Wild Times - Deathblow
Wild Times - DV8
Wild Times - The Grifter
Wild Times - Wetworks
Wild Times - Wild Cats
Wildcats v1 #0-50+Annuals
Wildcats v2 #1-28+Annuals
Wildcats v3 #1-24
Wildcats v4 #1-6(current series, up to date)
Wildcat Adventures #1-3
Nemisis #1-9
Savant Garde #1-7
Savant Garde Fan Edition #1-3
Spartan - Warrior Spirit #1-4
Warblade #1-4
Zealot #1-3
Zealot/Voodoo - Skintrade
Voodoo - Dancing In The Dark
Ladytron
Wildcats Mosaic
Wildcore #1-10

Crossovers

Wildstorm Rising
Fire From Heaven
Worldstorm
Dream War
Armageddon
Revelations
Number of The Beast

Miscellaneous

Darker Image
Eye of The Storm
Lynch
Wildstorm Annual 2000
Wildstorm Chamber of Horrors
Wildstorm Halloween - Trilogy of Terror
Wildstorm Rarities
Wildstorm Spotlight #1-4
Wildstorm Summer Special 2001
Wildstorm Thunderbook
Wildstorm Winter Special 2005
Wildstorm #1-4

They're all in some obnoxious .cbr format, so I guess it won't just extract to a bunch of JPGs I could toss on imgur.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
Well, during armageddon I guess. After she jumped into a volcano with madge but before she raped him.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
"Come, let us rape reason together..."

Oh well. I'm in the middle of downloadan the revelations thingie from the torrent stuffies I posted last page. If it's not corrupted, not painfully retarded to read, and extractable into .jpgs, I may slap it on imgur to lower the amount of accounts we make you register.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
:oops:

Oh well. Guess I'll not upload that then. Anything else from wildstorm decent(ish) and worth getting? The torrent is complete but quite slow (12 seeders, 5 peers, ~20k/sec) so I'd rather download the good shit first.

[edit]

Nearly done reading revelations. I give it 3/5 on a scale spanning the wildstorm stuff posted so far. I think I'll try getting some of the backlash issues and see what she's like when she hasn't got Nemmy stealing the show.

[edit 2]

Finished it now. Bonus points for
Savant
getting tastefully raped by
Gamorra

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Vaarna_Aarne said:
I've already agreed to do Revelations.
You're doing the rest of Armageddon first though? I'm a bit puzzled by the cast in the very first pic. Especially that cop who doesn't look anything like a superhero.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
CBR is just a normal RAR that is readable by CDReader and similar programs which make digital comic reading much simpler.

Anyway, the herp-A-derpiest backstory for "super heroes" that I've ever seen. Seriously, inter-galactic war where Earth is on a strategic location? LOL. Still, rest of the stuff was pretty good, though the sappy happy ending was disappointing. Took me a while to realize that this happens in the same fictional world than the Stormwatch stuff. Guess I should have kept up with your Let's Reads.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
Yeah, there's like a bajillion different supergroups in thaty universe. It's all very derpy, but strangely amusing nonetheless. We're on armageddon now, so I guess next up is revelations. (I think we already had number of the beast in another thread). Gotta say Nemmy is right up there with Flint on the SISlist of superheroes I kinda dig.

Vaarna_Aarne

Stuff I definately recommend:

Planetary
Sleeper
Welcome to Tranquility
Point Blank
WildCATs 3.0

GarfunkeL said:
CBR is just a normal RAR that is readable by CDReader and similar programs which make digital comic reading much simpler.

Anyway, the herp-A-derpiest backstory for "super heroes" that I've ever seen. Seriously, inter-galactic war where Earth is on a strategic location? LOL. Still, rest of the stuff was pretty good, though the sappy happy ending was disappointing. Took me a while to realize that this happens in the same fictional world than the Stormwatch stuff. Guess I should have kept up with your Let's Reads.
Actually, Earth was not a strategic location but a backwater. Remember, no one bothered to notify any of the combatants on Earth that the war had ended several hundred years ago.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Was the WildCATs you posted 2.0? If you're recommending 3.0 does this mean you'll post it after Armageddon and Revelations? :M

Ulminati said:
Yeah, there's like a bajillion different supergroups in thaty universe. It's all very derpy, but strangely amusing nonetheless.
My only complaint is that most of the crossovers are usually one writer thumbing his nose at the writer of the other superheroes (see the treatment Authority got in TA and that made TA even derpier than the Authority were in their own run). All the potential from having all these superheroes together gets thrown down the sink. The only good ones so far have been in WE (including NOTB - The High's return to Skywatch was a good bit).

(I think we already had number of the beast in another thread).
Yep, Vaarna posted it as a lead in to World's End in the Authority thread.

Gotta say Nemmy is right up there with Flint on the SISlist of superheroes I kinda dig.
I don't like Flint much. She was OK (though not terribly interesting) in Stormwatch and WE but in TA she degenerated into a a female copy of Santini, made all the more hilarious for being an SPB when Santini has this irrational (and hypocritical) hatred of SPBs.

Vaarna_Aarne

It was interesting thing in StormWatch though, when it's shown that Flint is more cynical than the other members due to coming from Kenya (not a very good country, as she said) and knowing "the rules don't work."

Personally I liked Fuji's bit about Japanese fantasies of war and Yukio Mishima more though. He's generally a very likable character to begin with too.

SoupNazi

Werewolf cop.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom