Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter what is your personal 2015 RPG GOTY(roleplaying game game of the year) ?

pick one

• Total voters

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think Shadowrun: Hong Kong is the game I've enjoyed the most. PoE was good too, and I'm currently playing D:OS EE.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Both underrail and AoD cater to combatfags (underrail a bit better in that regards), but AoD wins strongly in the storyfag department - for underrail story & writing isnt that great, its a serviceable excuse for great exploration and them good combats.

So a cfag game vs cfag+sfag game.. AoD is the obvious winner here.

It is good to debate 2 competent games though, instead of choosing lesser evil from eldritich shit abominations. 2015 was incline.

makiavelli747

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Village Idiot Shitposter
Both underrail and AoD cater to combatfags (underrail a bit better in that regards), but AoD wins strongly in the storyfag department - for underrail story & writing isnt that great, its a serviceable excuse for great exploration and them good combats.
I thought rpg should be more about c&c, and Dead State should've been rated higher among rpg fans because it actually had a lot of consequences of player's actions.

but, it seems like combat and exploration is what rpgs are all about

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Isnt Dead State 2014?
Anyways , lets discuss what is a RPG! And the fact Codex is pretty skewed towards combatfags who only pretend to give a shit about story and c&c is a great discussion topic, too.

:troll:

SniperHF

Arcane
I thought rpg should be more about c&c, and Dead State should've been rated higher among rpg fans because it actually had a lot of consequences of player's actions.

but, it seems like combat and exploration is what rpgs are all about

There are two main problems with Dead State's C&C.

#1. Sure there can be consequences, but the problem is almost nobody gave a shit about the 8000 followers you ended up having. There were too many, and too shallow for the most part. So when something happened to one or another it was a big fat meh.

#2. People ran out of shit to do by day-30-40 and didn't see a good amount of them.

Deitti

Augur
DOS:EE

2015 has plenty of good games but EE is the only one ive returned to again so it has to get my vote just for that.

Polanski

Scholar
I very much enjoyed Underrail, Age of Decadence, Serpent in the Staglands and Pillar of Eternity. All of them incline, all of them with some flaws.

Shadowrun HK, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Eisenwald and Undertale not so much.

Great year for rpgs!

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
The Witcher 3 + its expansion. Haven't had this much fun since Night of the Raven.
Currently playing Underrail and Serpent in the Staglands, so that may change. Perhaps.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom