Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What sort of combat system you prefer in Dragon Age?

I prefer if Dragon Age is more similiar to

• Baldur's Gate Series (Classic Isometric Party Combat)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jade Empire (Sword Style Action Combat)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MetalCraze

Arcane
Nuke! Erase! Disintegrate!

Mareus

Magister
Dark Individual said:
Mareus said:
Volourn said:
Except TOEE is easy, and unless you are retarded you should never have to reload all that much if ever.

Well there is obviously something wrong with the system if you have to reload 20 times to kill some motherfucker. I played real DnD with dices and never had this problem. I didn't have those problems with Pool of Radiance or Baldur's Gate or Icewind dale which are not the same, but are pretty complex nevertheless. Fuck, even Jagged Alliance 2 was piece of cake when compared to ToEE combat. Sure you had to reload sometimes, but most of the time it was about character skill and not just pure luck. If you want to suggest I just didn't figure out the rules, then how did I ever manage to finish Baldur's Gate whole trilogy with loading only 3 times, and suddenly in ToEE I have to load 20 times just in one battle? I am not a newb when it comes to DnD and there is obviously a flaw in the combat system they made.

It's obvious that you didn't get very far in ToEE. At maybe first and second level you can be insta killed but later that becomes impossible.

Actually I don't remember how far I got, because the game really didn't offer anything memorable. Even the story was forgettable. I know I passed through the towns. There were just 2 towns if I remember and then there was this huge dungeon in the temple. I remember I gave up after fighting some giant crab in the temple. Mudcrabs... filthy creatures.

Anyway I might give it another shot, but what is keeping me away is the knowledge I won't get anything out of game except turn based combat. If only the story was good... Frankly I had more fun playing chess.

J1M

Arcane
Mareus said:
Volourn said:
Except TOEE is easy, and unless you are retarded you should never have to reload all that much if ever.

Well there is obviously something wrong with the system if you have to reload 20 times to kill some motherfucker. I played real DnD with dices and never had this problem. I didn't have those problems with Pool of Radiance or Baldur's Gate or Icewind dale which are not the same, but are pretty complex nevertheless. Fuck, even Jagged Alliance 2 was piece of cake when compared to ToEE combat. Sure you had to reload sometimes, but most of the time it was about character skill and not just pure luck. If you want to suggest I just didn't figure out the rules, then how did I ever manage to finish Baldur's Gate whole trilogy with loading only 3 times, and suddenly in ToEE I have to load 20 times just in one battle? I am not a newb when it comes to DnD and there is obviously a flaw in the combat system they made.
The rules are pretty much a direct translation of 3rd (3.5?) edition. You could have been having trouble because an important part of the game is knowing when you have expended yourself in the temple and should return to a safe place for rest.

Mareus

Magister
imanol said:
Mareus said:
Actually the most powerful class would be dualclass dualwield kensai/sorcerer. Unfuckingstopabble. I saw some guy on youtube kill 8 dragons all by himself with that class. I couldn't believe it.

Any Ranger + Crom Faeyr + Celestial Fury + Belt of Inertia(?).

Bah! Could he survive against 8 dragons all by himself? I don't think so.
take a look at this:

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=tSF6x_amqNM

BTW, i never found that belt. What does it do?

Crazy kid.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Mareus said:
take a look at this:

Crazy kid.

That was actually kind of dull. Just like killing the red dragon in NWN 2 with Issac's Greater Magic Missile Storm. Which reminds me, is that spell actually supposed to be that powerful?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pussycat669 said:
Mareus said:
take a look at this:

Crazy kid.

That was actually kind of dull. Just like killing the red dragon in NWN 2 with Issac's Greater Magic Missile Storm. Which reminds me, is that spell actually supposed to be that powerful?

It's some fruity Forgotten Realms spell, so I wouldn't know. But I've never seen it come up on the WotC character optimization board before, so probably not.

Chefe

Erudite
Decline of the Codex

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom