Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What the fuck did i do

LJ40

Cipher
Sorry, I used the word otherwise in the sentence to do the heavy lifting, and unfortunately relied on your literacy for the rest. My mistake.
Says the guy whose whole problem is that he either didn't read the meme, or was too stupid to understand it.
You'll have to show me any whining on my part. All I did was point out your shit meme was shit.
You've made 6 posts bleating about an ancient meme whose point has been proved time and again, hence why it's still used. That's whining to me, but I doubt I could convince someone as dumb as you clearly are of that.

Please, continue to make more whiny posts about it though. You're really showing me.
No, I made one post about an ancient meme, and you (and Rusty) started crying. All the rest is just me responding to your nonsense.

I'm really just waiting for one single example of a hobby that's unable to be enjoyed today because of the situation presented in your retarded meme, and I continue to wait.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I'm really just waiting for one single example of a hobby that's unable to be enjoyed today because of the situation presented in your retarded meme, and I continue to wait.
I already gave you the D&D example. You could add LotR to that. Star Trek too. But "unable to be enjoyed" at all? That's not what the meme is talking about.
Yes, reading definitely is difficult for you.
image.png
Rusty was right. Reading is very difficult for you.

You can play and "enjoy" many games or franchises affected by what this meme is talking about. It just won't be what it originally was because it will be made for and played by an entirely new audience.

Edit: what a dumbass conversation this was. "Prove it! Prove the 10-year-old meme! I'm not a whiney bitch! :cry: "

Fag.

Last edited:

LJ40

Cipher
If I can still enjoy something that has been "forever destroyed", then you must be operating with a different definition of "destroyed". Still waiting for a single example of a hobby that's been "destroyed" in this manner.

Just as an aside, that quoted piece of the meme is a fucking grammar nightmare. Once you get to five commas in one sentence, it might be time to rethink things.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
Shoutbox ecosystem is still generally OK. Mebs is cool and Theo is irascible, but not unreasonable. The worst simping is coming from the admin side, not the user side.
It's the admins reaction that's a problem, sure. But Theo's constant reporting of people and Meb's attracting of simps is the core issue. Without those two's lack of ability to hit the Ignore button, far fewer people would be banned.

I guess you could also say simping itself is the problem, but there's not much of way to stop that.

Every site online has this problem btw. Thirsty men jump for women and trannies alike. Whether it's because they want them, or because they fear the political pressure that may come from those who do.

hufZEum.jpg

Old meme that's not the exact thing that's happening here, but it's close enough.
Me on the right.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
If I can still enjoy something that has been "forever destroyed", then you must be operating with a different definition of "destroyed".
It honestly amazes me that you can think "destroyed" in this context means "removed from existence" when following "continue to grow in popularity until it gains media attention". Oh right, you're an illiterate fuckwit.

Just as an aside, that quoted piece of the meme is a fucking grammar nightmare. Once you get to five commas in one sentence, it might be time to rethink things.
Autistic enough to count commas, stupid enough not to read the sentence.

Grauken, is this the alt you use when you feel like larping a retard?

Codex Year of the Donut
If I can still enjoy something that has been "forever destroyed", then you must be operating with a different definition of "destroyed". Still waiting for a single example of a hobby that's been "destroyed" in this manner.

are you german?

LJ40

Cipher

are you german?
Half Polish and half human, according to my father.

LJ40

Cipher
If I can still enjoy something that has been "forever destroyed", then you must be operating with a different definition of "destroyed".
It honestly amazes me that you can think "destroyed" in this context means "removed from existence" when following "continue to grow in popularity until it gains media attention". Oh right, you're an illiterate fuckwit.

Autistic enough to count commas, stupid enough not to read the sentence.

Grauken, is this the alt you use when you feel like larping a retard?
It honestly amazes me that you still can't refute my first fucking post in this thread. The two guys leave, play on their own, and have fun. I still play AD&D, read LotR, and watch Star Trek. Your meme sucks, and your dumbass communicates with memes in the first place. That's really all that needs to be said about you.

HeroMarine, you're honestly just subhuman enough that I'm not going to bother addressing whatever you're drooling out.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
It honestly amazes me that you still can't refute my first fucking post in this thread. The two guys leave, play on their own, and have fun.
I did at the top of this page. It's about a hobby/fanbase, not two people etc.
I still play AD&D, read LotR, and watch Star Trek.
If you're doing so with the newest material, then you're doing so in name only.

If you're doing so with old material, you're playing with the remnants of the old hobby. It's not going to grow, its original players will age or otherwise die out, and many have moved on to the new version. Wizard's outright destroyed the planes at one point in an attempt to dumb it down. They brought them back, but it's clearly watered down for jelly brains.

The fanbase has been permanently altered, and with it the franchise. It's a pretty simple concept, but you can't grasp it. Or is it that you grasp it just fine and recognize that it applies to you?

Whatever. Either way, it means your opinion is of no value.
Your meme sucks, and your dumbass communicates with memes in the first place. That's really all that needs to be said about you.
*Your dumb ass.

A "dumbass" is a person. I can't own one. If I could, I would buy you so that your idiocy could amuse me on a daily basis. I would set you in the corner and make you dance and do stupid things like count commas and cry about old memes all day long. :M

Codex Year of the Donut
bro nothing about the hobby changed which is why we still get goldbox games instead of this

but hey at least you can play the same old games over and over, how dare you suggest there might have been some bad influence that should be avoided in the future!!!

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
bro nothing about the hobby changed which is why we still get goldbox games instead of this
Exactly. The guy with "Wizardry/Ultima/Goldbox" under his profile has spent the past two pages pretending fanbase changes can't change or destroy hobbies.

He said something dumb about a meme he barely read, got called out on it and is just doubling down and trying to dig himself out of the hole. That or he really does have a hard time with reading.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

but hey at least you can play the same old games over and over, how dare you suggest there might have been some bad influence that should be avoided in the future!!!

We still do get lots of Goldbox games, about 600 and counting FRUA modules

Codex Year of the Donut
did you guys know that gary gygax was a CHUD who spread lies?
Somehow Political correctness seems to be working its way into gaming, and that's a dispicable thing, as Political Correctness is thought control. As author Richard Payne Knight notes, "Poverty of expression will product poverty of conception." Offense at what is said is too easily taken these days, hindering free speech and free thinking.
https://www.enworld.org/threads/q-a-with-gary-gygax.22566/page-80#post-1153143

he saw this coming years before anyone else and he'd be dismissed as a "right wing CHUD!!!!" now

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
did you guys know that gary gygax was a CHUD who spread lies?
Somehow Political correctness seems to be working its way into gaming, and that's a dispicable thing, as Political Correctness is thought control. As author Richard Payne Knight notes, "Poverty of expression will product poverty of conception." Offense at what is said is too easily taken these days, hindering free speech and free thinking.
https://www.enworld.org/threads/q-a-with-gary-gygax.22566/page-80#post-1153143

he saw this coming years before anyone else and he'd be dismissed as a "right wing CHUD!!!!" now
Strange new respect for that ol' cokehead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom