Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What the fuck did i do

Semiurge

Cipher
because the staff will bend over backwards to acquiesce to "females" and when one wants you gone, you are gone. it's that simple.

When SDG - a chronic alcoholic and a buffoon, is involved in a disagreement, one tends to trust the other side more. SDG is always looking for trouble. He's a conflict-seeking missile with Theodora's name on him.

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
When SDG - a chronic alcoholic and a buffoon, is part of a disagreement, one tends to trust the other side more. SDG is always looking for trouble. He's a conflict-seeking missile with Theodora's name on it.
Conflict shouldn't be bannable though. We've practically encouraged conflict for decades. Unless SDG was doing something illegal or borderline illegal, I see no reason to ban him from anything.

And btw, both Meb and Theo tend to treat the shoutbox as their personal kingdom. To the point that staff created the RPGbox just because Meb kept using "off topic discussion" as a reason to try to get everyone to stop talking about anything she didn't want to talk about - usually rightwing politics.

If they want high moderation, they really should go to Discord, not cry to the mods in DMs every time someone tells them where to stick it.

It's like the Codex was a frat house and all of the sudden some faggot brought his girlfriend (or "girl" friend) and now everyone needs to leave the seat down or kicking and screaming will ensue.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
SDG is always looking for trouble. He's a conflict-seeking missile with Theodora's name on it.
No kidding, someone sent me this one where he declares: "I'm gonna make it my life's mission to make that thing [hi] miserable". In a video about his life's 'GOALS' no less.

Conflict shouldn't be bannable though. We've practically encouraged conflict for decades. Unless SDG was doing something illegal or borderline illegal, I see no reason to ban him from anything.
He didn't get banned for 'conflict', he got banned for annoying DU.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
When SDG - a chronic alcoholic and a buffoon, is part of a disagreement, one tends to trust the other side more. SDG is always looking for trouble. He's a conflict-seeking missile with Theodora's name on it.

And btw, both Meb and Theo tend to treat the shoutbox as their personal kingdom. To the point that staff created the RPGbox just because Meb kept using "off topic discussion" as a reason to try to get everyone to stop talking about anything she didn't want to talk about - usually rightwing politics.

If they want high moderation, they really should go to Discord, not cry to the mods in DMs every time someone tells them where to stick it.

It's like the Codex was a frat house and all of the sudden some faggot brought his girlfriend (or "girl" friend) and now everyone needs to leave the seat down or kicking and screaming will ensue.

lol they are already on discord, it's how they coordinate. it's about 'changing the culture of the codex' they are essentially an army of eunuchs loyal to globohomo and acting as its enforcers

Unwanted

Hando

Unwanted
If Theo becomes shoutbox mod it's game over. I will self eject. I don't have a problem with her but females and power don't mix. They ruin everything, either deliberately or by their inherent nature.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Again, I've never really had a problem with you, dude, but you have more "coincidences" happening around you than the Clintons.
That's because I only drive the most mediocre of men insane.

A friend called SDG 'the channeler of the universal Male Retard, from the great depths of the Unconscious' and 'an alcoholic shaman, brave explorer of the realms of shit and piss beyond sanity', but I dunno -- he ain't no Harry DuBois.

Unwanted

Hando

Unwanted
Again, I've never really had a problem with you, dude, but you have more "coincidences" happening around you than the Clintons.

A friend called SDG 'the channeler of the universal Male Retard, from the great depths of the Unconscious' and 'an alcoholic shaman, brave explorer of the realms of shit and piss beyond sanity', but I dunno -- he ain't no Harry DuBois.
Why do you even wanna be mod anyway. You never struck me as the power hungry type. Franky I'm disappointed

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
"a friend told me this about SDG"
"someone sent me this about SDG"
then there was the time SDG put theo on ignore and for 3 days straight theo did nothing but endlessly obsess about SDG every other shout

but yeah the problem is SDG, I guess..

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
If Theo becomes shoutbox mod it's game over. I will self eject. I don't have a problem with her but females and power don't mix. They ruin everything, either deliberately or by their inherent nature.
Scrooge has been a mod for years. Though her saving grace is that she seems to almost never come here these days, unless it's to ban someone for Theo. Not what happened here, but IIRC it's happened before.
So it's their fault you whine to the mods in DMs? I see.

You're not the only poster who does this, man. I've seen plenty of people play this game where they target a trolly user and keep pushing him in the shoutbox or in threads.

And then, instead of using the IGNORE button, which is what it's there for, or literally just ignoring them like everyone with a skin thicker than wet newspaper would, you get them banned because you either have a friend on the staff, or because you complain loudly or often enough.

It's kind of like SWATTING someone, really. Once you involve an authority figure, it's over. Because the staff will either get annoyed that they have to actually do something and just hit the ban button, or they will give the poster an ultimatum, which will then let you bait them into breaking it so that they can get banned. You just depend on the poster chimping out just enough to get iced and then you gloat when they do.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

a) that's not happening, learn to identify a joke

b) lit. last night
1662405143383.png

1662405190306.png

Not that it'd be the first fucking time you'd sent it.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Not exactly sure how I'm supposed to convince you I've not talked to anyone on staff about this. I doubt you'd believe anyone, so whatever, follow your fanfic if you please.

@Hando should be banned for manspreading. :M
I'm not trying to get anyone banned. You would shame someone for being a retard, I can do the same and my gender/sex/military aviation identity shouldn't suddenly change that.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Scrooge has been a mod for years. Though her saving grace is that she seems to almost never come here these days, unless it's to ban someone for Theo. Not what happened here, but IIRC it's happened before.

You're not the only poster who does this, man. I've seen plenty of people play this game where they target a trolly user and keep pushing him in the shoutbox or in threads.

And then, instead of using the IGNORE button, which is what it's there for, or literally just ignoring them like everyone with a skin thicker than wet newspaper would, you get them banned because you either have a friend on the staff, or because you complain loudly or often enough.

It's kind of like SWATTING someone, really. Once you involve an authority figure, it's over. Because the staff will either get annoyed that they have to actually do something and just hit the ban button, or they will give the poster an ultimatum, which will then let you bait them into breaking it so that they can get banned. You just depend on the poster chimping out just enough to get iced and then you gloat when they do.

this is like saying that you're in the wrong for passively making someone livid. some people cannot handle things outside of their percieved norm at all, that doesn't mean you have to cater to them

do you agonize for hours after making someone mad because you did something trivial or what

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik

lol, it can't ignore anything because it HAS to interject itself in everything. a few days ago it put me on ignore.. what a dream it was to not have a psycho obsessing over me in the shoutbox, but alas all that crumbled when the other day it started directly responding to me and screeching about anything I said that it didn't like.. turns out it admitted to having checked the mark in settings to "allow shouts from ignored users" because mebs was tagging me and talking to me, and it just HAD to know what was happening and how it could interject or accuse me like it did SDG. it's never its fault, it's always someone else's fault

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Not exactly sure how I'm supposed to convince you I've not talked to anyone on staff about this. I doubt you'd believe anyone, so whatever, follow your fanfic if you please.
Well, I seem to remember having a similar conversation with you in shoutbox a while back and you claimed over and over that you didn't "report" anyone and Crispy backed you up until I specified DMs, and then he was like "oh, DMs...I didn't understand that." So no idea what technicalities may apply here.

You may or may not have DMed anyone about this in particular. It could be that the mods just saw it coming from you and Meb's interactions with him and pre-emptively did it. I don't know.

But since this is Site Feedback, my feedback is that a lot of people seem to get banned after talking bad about you or interacting with Meb. And where there's smoke, there is usually fire. Maybe the guy caught in that fire is an autist who may or may not have ghost cats wandering around his apartment, but even were that the case, he was the Codex's metaphysical feline owner and I won't stand for yet another travesty of justice.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik

this is like saying that you're in the wrong for passively making someone livid. some people cannot handle things outside of their percieved norm at all, that doesn't mean you have to cater to them

do you agonize for hours after making someone mad because you did something trivial or what

cool argument, bro, now try applying that to theo
he won't

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
But since this is Site Feedback, my feedback is that a lot of people seem to get banned after talking bad about you or interacting with Meb.

In both cases, SDG and fork tried to get one or both of us banned (and it backfired). If you would bother going back to look you'd see that quite plainly. Nevermind that I had zero part in any of fork's pathetic messages to Mebrilia, yet he included me in his demands simply out of the assumption she would have shared receipts, and hoped to suppress any knowledge of what he had said. (She hadn't, btw.)

You're literally blaming me for another idiot trying to get me banned and failing; twice, in fact. Get a grip, dude.

I'm not going to pester DU on your behalf to learn his exact thinking, but you can't act like SDG didn't get plenty of warnings and chances. After he was banned from shoutbox he immediately made another thread; and DU made another warning post, which drunkard, of course, ignored.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

The difference is you're baiting an outcome that wouldn't otherwise have occured. And it's usually because of mod overreach and not anything against the rules the person actually did.

That and you're basically crying to the moderators to create a special rule just for you. A line that you know the other person will cross if you bait them enough, or that you know will be difficult for them not to cross at all. It's a rule that wouldn't exist if you hasn't whined in the first place and isn't actually in the rules of the site.

Again, it's just like SWATTING: you call the cops and suddenly the rules people are used to change. Suddenly, all there needs to be is one cop who's having a bad day, or you just need to fail their little game of meth'd out Simon Says and BLAM, your brains are decorating the inside of your house.

People are naturally going to be angry when there's mod intervention. They're naturally going to be upset at the injustice of a mod telling them they can't do x, y, or z, just because they don't want the hassle of dealing with Scrooge's DMs later. And if you bait them, or have already pissed them off enough, they're going to naturally want to violate whatever bullshit ultimatum/gag order they've been given.

"It's not my fault, it was his choice!", but it was your plan all along, and just because you used the staff to do it doesn't change that. And I think people who do this know it too because they're always in the banned thread just after it happens to gloat.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth

he won't

sweating over who did what is pointless because it'll just be an endless loop in this case; all involved parties should just get thicker skin

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik

he won't

sweating over who did what is pointless because it'll just be an endless loop in this case; all involved parties should just get thicker skin

so it's not pointless for non-edgy gamer to do it, but it's pointless when it comes to certain other people..

gotcha

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom