Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What the fuck did i do

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Theodora said:
I've not talked to anyone on staff about this.

While this is true, it's a bit misleading. You do come to us privately on a fairly frequent basis.

I'm not necessarily saying you shouldn't, or that you should; it's just a fact.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
In both cases, SDG and fork tried to get one or both of us banned (and it backfired).
Uh huh. Or were they complaining about you going to the mods all the time and wanted it to stop?
If you would bother going back to look you'd see that quite plainly. Nevermind that I had zero part in any of fork's pathetic messages to Mebrilia, yet he included me in his demands simply out of the assumption she would have shared receipts, and hoped to suppress any knowledge of what he had said. (She hadn't, btw.)
Was Meb's Ignore button broken? Did no one help her find it?

You know what the first question law enforcement will ask you if you call to complain about being "harassed" online is? "Did you block them?" Well?
You're literally blaming me for another idiot trying to get me banned and failing; twice, in fact. Get a grip, dude.
Yeah, and I'm sure you weren't emailing (or whatever) Scrooge or DMing someone else about it, right?
I'm not going to pester DU on your behalf to learn his exact thinking, but you can't act like SDG didn't get plenty of warnings and chances. After he was banned from shoutbox he immediately made another thread; and DU made another warning post, which drunkard, of course, ignored.
My point here isn't to say "I KNOW IT WAS YOU!", my point is to say "here's another coincidence."

Because you have had a lot of coincidences in the two years you've been here.

Do what you want about that, but people are already talking. I didn't give them much credit at first, but the more this happens, the more undeniable it gets that you're at the center of a lot of these bans.

LostHisMarbles

Learned
I have an experiment to propose, in the name of science(tm):

There will always be people to ban for lols so there will always be 'a' Codex. It's what kind of 'a' Codex we have that said experiment is meant to verify.

Ban the recent attention whores, especially the two "female" ones* but without limiting it to those two.
* They both go out of their way to "participate" in most drama threads, they both come post even when unbidden or the issue appears unrelated to either of them.
Put them on the freezer, see what happens.

Can't change this being a nest of virgin manchildren, i know, but this could help. Plus, more popcorn.
Also, they're low quality effort, our standards have dropped. We used to have masters in drama production(tm), these two particularly are /decline in comparison. Every fucking post they make, same shit all over.. wasn't me, wasn't me, i PMed Crispy, wasn't me though; they're boring, repetitive and unimaginative.

The Codex deserves better.

Last edited:

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i'm merely dignifying him with a response

this is like saying that you're in the wrong for passively making someone livid. some people cannot handle things outside of their percieved norm at all, that doesn't mean you have to cater to them

do you agonize for hours after making someone mad because you did something trivial or what

cool argument, bro, now try applying that to theo
he won't

sweating over who did what is pointless because it'll just be an endless loop in this case; all involved parties should just get thicker skin

so it's not pointless for non-edgy gamer to do it, but it's pointless when it comes to certain other people..

gotcha
i'm only challenging his interpretation and giving him the time of day

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Theodora said:
I've not talked to anyone on staff about this.

While this is true, it's a bit misleading. You do come to us privately on a fairly frequent basis.

well.gif

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

God you like dramaz. My last PM to you was in April, responding when you asked for a link to a game's manual, and you've accosted me of being responsible for reports that, on actually looking, I wasn't responsible for. :P

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
frankly i am starting to get annoyed how all the stupid drama recently seems to be revolving around the same handful of idiots

and most of it comes down to the fact that Theodora is too much of a retard to find the ignore button

it can find the ignore button, but if it sees someone in shoutbox tagging a user that is ignored, it will make ignored users visible in the shoutbox in order to see what has been said.

curious.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Here's a serious suggestion to the moderation team:

Mods should have a feature to add someone to someone else's ignore list. That way they can solve the issue right away without bans or even warnings - depending on behavior and within reason of course.

It shouldn't be a permanent thing they can't undo, but the complainer in question would need to explain why they unignored this supposed harasser or whatever before complaining again.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Not a bad idea, but it's way too easy with this version of XenForo to bypass the ignore feature (voluntarily), even while it's active for a user. For example, in Shoutbox, you just have to check one box in its Options to show all Shoutbox posts by Ignored users.

Unwanted

Hando

Unwanted
Not a bad idea, but it's way too easy with this version of XenForo to bypass the ignore feature (voluntarily), even while it's active for a user. For example, in Shoutbox, you just have to check one box in its Options to show all Shoutbox posts by Ignored users.
Why do you still have me on ignore just because I tagged you. Or was it because I called you daddy. I like you crispy, I like our back and forths. It hurts that you could just discard me like this

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Here's a serious suggestion to the moderation team:
This still pretends SDG got banned because of private complaints. Also -- and this is not directed at any one person -- shouldn't it being SDG blamed for failing to keep me on ignore, when he is the one that reacted badly, and made an enormous dramatic fuss about this. In fact, I believe when he took me off ignore I tried to discourage him, while he acted all grandiose like he had just spared my life or something.

Generic-Giant-Spider

frankly i am starting to get annoyed how all the stupid drama recently seems to be revolving around the same handful of idiots

and most of it comes down to the fact that Theodora is too much of a retard to find the ignore button

oh no roxor is here and he's really mad

anyways lmao

Unwanted

Hando

Unwanted
I have like 5 mouthfuls of scotch left before I'm totally empty. This has become a 4 day full retard binge. This post is more for sdg than anyone else. I'm about to jump onto an express elevator down to a world of pain. You are never alone. I love you.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I have like 5 mouthfuls of scotch left before I'm totally empty. This has become a 4 day full retard binge. This post is more for sdg than anyone else. I'm about to jump onto an express elevator down to a world of pain. You are never alone. I love you.
You are a pedo, Theo could be a child.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

it can find the ignore button, but if it sees someone in shoutbox tagging a user that is ignored, it will make ignored users visible in the shoutbox in order to see what has been said.

curious.
Women can't stand being talked about and not knowing what is going on in the drama department. Their entire lives revolve around drama. The more the better in their opinion.

Unwanted

Hando

Unwanted
Unwanted
Dumbfuck
You are a pedo, Theo could be a child.
Fucking kill yourself

https://youtu.be/YXAbXsWt3hE
I'm gonna say it once, despite my avvy i'm not a woman so please i don't want any dick pics.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Not a bad idea, but it's way too easy with this version of XenForo to bypass the ignore feature (voluntarily)
Yeah, but then when they complain, you just reenable it. If they complain again, you make a new rule that they can't take the user off ignore and if they do, it's a temp ban. Sort of the reverse of the current system. :M

If someone does something that falls outside of the ignorable stuff - say, tracking someone down (using offsite info or whatever), posting their dox here or doing something that generates an actual police report and a restraining order, then it's time to start talking bans. I guess an example of this would be that one reddit sperg that was here a while ago who got someone fired from a game dev by posting screencaps of their posts here. You can't just ignore them in such a case, since it's not them interacting with you that's the problem, it's them going to your employer and to reddit to smear you. They don't need to interact with you for that.

But if all they are doing is spamming a picture from the self-dox thread in GD around here like GGS was, or generally being a rude weirdo, I think the ignore button works just fine.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom