Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What the hell is EA doing to Red Alert

deuxhero

Arcane
Emotional Vampire said:
You can't spoof something which already would be classified as a spoof/unfunny joke by anyone with IQ over 80.

Of coarse it's wierd, note the country of orign, besides not all of them are quite as odd as "young girl beats the crap out of people to make friends"

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Spacemoose said:
umm no: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Khalkhin_Gol

edit: you're just butthurt that the last time russia and sweden fought, russia annexed finland

D'oh! Is this where I backtrack and say that the Soviet Union != Russia? :oops:

Bah, Finland? Good riddance! Honestly, I don't get how a small (population, not area) nation like Sweden could carve out an empire at all, so it's not surprising that it finally collapsed.

The new Red Alert game looks like ass, but I've honestly never been a fan of Westwood's RTS games.

Dark Individual said:
almondblight said:
In the 80's the majority of the people in the US viewed the Japanese economy as a bigger threat than Russia's military. They are a strong country and the no. 2 economy in the world. The game just looks bad, is all.

American conquered Japan and set up puppet government. Japan is under the control of America. And to ensure that it won't ever rise again, the USA forbade Japan is owning anything of serious threat. But I reckon it's an alternative universe or whatever.

Please actually read up on the relationship between America and Japan in the 80s instead of making stuff up based on your vague knowledge of history.

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
Hey, maybe they could have made the japanese, say, I don't know, like the japanese were in WW2?

A mixture of batshit fast and cheap with exorbitantly expensive fortifications that require twenty fucking boats to come from china with the steel, as well as fanatical, and probably drugged up infantry?

Heresiarch

Prophet
LOL at his face

2c7610389472bfa56ba98cfc55ade357.jpg

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
MINIGUNWIELDER said:
Hey, maybe they could have made the japanese, say, I don't know, like the japanese were in WW2?

A mixture of batshit fast and cheap with exorbitantly expensive fortifications that require twenty fucking boats to come from china with the steel, as well as fanatical, and probably drugged up infantry?

Uh, because Japan has fucking flying robots of apocalyptic doom now? Ever heard of the documentary "Gundam Wing"? Exactly. Please take a history class.

...And don't forget the lolis. Never forget the lolis.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Seriously, what's so terrible about it? Hammy acting and writing is a staple of the series, only this time they got some bigger names to do it. Not that I have much hope for the game anyway.

Fez

Erudite
The mecha/wapanese poison creeps into and destroys yet another franchise.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Leigh: What’s a “western RPG”?
Kieron: It’s one with actual game in there as well as hairspray.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Tanya looks like a cheap cow.
Trailer is a standard "let's show unconnected stuff with lots of unrelated one liners - it's cool kids, just like hollywood" boredom. Felt like a trailer to some b-movie with cheap special effects and "actors" of the same price at best.
At least Westwood's RA2 had Kari Wuhrer and those 2 operator chicks. Here EA totally failed at getting something charismatic.

Longshanks

Augur
Cool, looks like it might have more hammy acting than the previous games.
Anyway, it's a Red Alert game, why so serious? The first two weren't even that good.

Skyway said:
Felt like a trailer to some b-movie with cheap special effects and "actors" of the same price at best.
Seems the devs understand that this is pretty much the only aspect that set RA apart from other RTSs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom