Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What the hell is EA doing to Red Alert

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
Ah well then, I'm glad I have internet philosophers to tell me which type of cheeseball campiness is cool and which isn't. This is an important division and it is of dire importance that people don't get it wrong, heavens no, that would just be unacceptable.

At this point, a picture is appropriate :

azngirl.jpg

Annonchinil

Scholar
Red Alert mostly focused on military stereotypes, not cultural ones, thats why you never head some sort of American hippie unit that could get the enemy high. Anyways the new Soviet consript is an epic fail, doesn't even feel like a consript but a Soviet-American super hero.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Naked Ninja is still pretending he hasn't lost the argument. Utter and total fail.

Texas Red

Whiner
An aggressive republic whose scheming leaders draw Soviets from all walks of life to stand behind a self-righteous agenda of achieving a global communistic state. Its forces range from battle-hungry, seasoned troopers to untrained-but-eager simpletons

A coalition of Western countries bound together in defense of the free people of the world. The Allies are prepared to act decisively with their well-trained soldiers and advanced vehicles, yet long for nonviolent resolutions.

American propaganda was so subtle that, though everyone being converted, they don't even know of its existence.

DraQ

Arcane
Lumpy said:
I think there's a difference between cheesy Science! units and plot plus some hawt sniper chicks, and japanese schoolgirl commando . Seriously, guys, what the fuck?
Speaking of which, Fallout would have been better with giant mecha and wapanese superschoolgirls.

Though, maybe not everything is lost yet - Fallout 3 is coming!

The_Pope

Scholar
CnC was retarded right from the start, so I don't understand what any of you are whining about.

RK47 said:
Nanoha is a lesbian. T_T

But hey, let's bring this to PC soon!
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/snk-on-wit ... 207023.php

Look at the bright side: Endless amounts of NanohaxFate. :wink:

And that game looks... Quite unique

Naked Ninja said:
seriously, do they even know the first thing about magical girls?
Wait, was that irony? I'm really hoping it was. Hard to tell on the interwebs at times.

While i believe he said it with a meassure of irony thrown in, i believe you need to research an stereotype or genre before trying to do a parody about it. Both concepts, as shown so far, lack any kind of character: They are not witty self-reference and they are not informed deconstruction - And it is actually less weird or ridiculous than the real stuff, since we are talking of genres that merged to create Magical lolis turning into hot mechs that really are manifestations of ancient gods by awakening the hidden powers of their robotic teddy bears through the power of love.

So this is just made of fail and lazy. When your parody fails to get the style right, is devoid of witty references and smart deconstruction, and turns out to be SANER and more mundane than the stuff you are trying to make fun of it must be taken as a sign to GTFO while there is still time. You are not going to please the haters nor the lovers, so why bother?

deuxhero said:
And generic psionics? fail. Magical Girls uses wave motion cannon beams

I'm in your base, befriending your doodz.

RK47 said:
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/yone88/dust/kikka&me262.jpg

For anyone watching the new anime season you might want to check out Strike Witches, it's about loli robot magical flying catgirl witches that never wear pants (who are also WW2 fighter planes).

See, EA? That's how campy magical girls are done. Also: Nazi fighterplane Loli is made of win.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Bah EA fails even at getting sexy chicks.
Russians will have Natasha - a man-looking (wo)man that eats steroids on his breakfast, dinner and supper and has a bigger dick than yours.

29321_normal.jpg

29829_RA3_Natasha3_normal.jpg

Now compare it to Westwood's womanly succubus chicks.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
............that's a bad cosplay attempt. Ugh. It can only be redeemed with a healthy dose of russian accent in the movie.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I also don't get why the fukken Japs get the psionic commandoes, when they were Soviet specialty.

Oh, but whatever, I guess guys at EA thought that "ooo, asian stuff is popular in the internetz" and wanted the masses of differently intelligent beings at 4chan to love their new game.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
i demand Guile for American hero and Cammy for Britain.

Shoelip

Arbiter
You know, the whole japanification thing would actually be pretty cool if they made Michael Wilson from Metal Wolf Chaos the president.

Well actually they should just release that game in the US and port it to PS2 and PC.

"Nothing is pointless! And the reason is! Because I'm the president of the great United States, of America!"

User was nabbed fit

She is wearing that beret like she's a fucking chef.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Isn't she a UFC fighter or something? I seem to remember seeing a video that I thought would be about the character but turned out to just be about the person playing her.

Shoelip

Arbiter
There it is. So... don't call her ugly, she'll decapitate you with her thumb and index finger. :shock:

Besides, she really isn't ugly. She's just sort of normal looking. I mean her face.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom