Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Whatever happened to TSLRP?

MaskedMartyr

Liturgist
Just wondering. Site seems to be down now, wasn't there another restoration project picking up where they left off?

Glyphwright

It was never finished. And then it was rendered obsolete by another restoration project. End of story.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
drama->DRAMA->DRAMA DRAMA->someone else did the job quicker and better->DRAAAAMA->dead

mondblut

Arcane
Neva forget. :salute:

It was a source of endless lulz. It will be sorely missed.

So we find ourselves in a stressful need of another never-to-be-released vaporware with a horde of blindly worshipful and supremely retarded fanbois to poke at.

Grimoire? Nope, we're few, intelligent and hardly loyal.

Age of Thursday? Hmmm... :smug:

Monocause

Arcane
Team Gizka is finally down? Man, I used to check them out periodically. Where'll I get my fix now?

Elzair

Cipher
mondblut said:
Neva forget. :salute:

It was a source of endless lulz. It will be sorely missed.

So we find ourselves in a stressful need of another never-to-be-released vaporware with a horde of blindly worshipful and supremely retarded fanbois to poke at.

Grimoire? Nope, we're few, intelligent and hardly loyal.

Age of Thursday? Hmmm... :smug:

Never fear! There is always the Ultima remakes.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So Dashus finally accepted defeat since Zbyl2 and DarthStoney were able to do it in less time?

The amount of drama Team Gizka could create was awe inspiring. Sad to see it gone.

And just FYI Stoney finally set up a new forum for the TSLRCM at http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Wtf guys. Show some respect. You should appreciate team gizka's work, they do this for free you know. In their spare time, which is very precious. So stop complaining

ahhh this never gets old

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
So has someone written up a chronicle of the Gizka drama for the posterity of the internets? I missed out on the whole thing. :cry:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I'll always have fond memories of Team Gizka. I've never been banned by any other forum, and these guys banned me three times.

CryptRider

Educated
Andyman Messiah said:
I'll always have fond memories of Team Gizka. I've never been banned by any other forum, and these guys banned me three times.
for?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
ScottishMartialArts said:
So has someone written up a chronicle of the Gizka drama for the posterity of the internets? I missed out on the whole thing. :cry:

There's a short mention on Encyclopedia Dramatica:
A group of fans called Team Gizka are attempting to restore most of the cut shit. Some other modders named Team Exile tried to get at the stuff that Team Gizka didn't touch, but then a drama-fest erupted and people bitched at some guy called Darth Balor. They then disbanded.

Darth Balor came back as "Pikmin" and started another project but people found out.

MetalCraze

Arcane

We have a large thread on the 'Dex (70+ pages)

But here is a short version:

At first people had some hope in Gizka - but as the time passed Gizka were acting more and more like overly narcissistic pricks - with the leaked beta being the peak of butthurt which actually made the 'Dex disrespect them and caused 2 invasions, forcing Gizka to first make registrations moderated and then disable the registration form altogether because people were trolling them even through login-email fields.

Team Gizka then attempted to launch a counter-offensive by sending a bunch of retards over here, but it was quickly thwarted by the Codex special magic of tubgirl and the lack of moderation (one of them even tried to whine to moderators because of megaton of insults going his way). So they retreated.

The second invasion happened some months later which again caused lots of drama and deleted threads on their forums and the following lock of registrations. They were very paranoid since then and moderated registrations became default with the following reason "we have too many retards from RPGCodex registering" or something along those lines.

After that Codex forgot about them and returned to the daily butthurt trolling of each other.

MetalCraze said:

We have a large thread on the 'Dex (70+ pages)

But here is a short version:

At first people had some hope in Gizka - but as the time passed Gizka were acting more and more like overly narcissistic pricks - with the leaked beta being the peak of butthurt which actually made the 'Dex disrespect them and caused 2 invasions, forcing Gizka to first make registrations moderated and then disable the registration form altogether because people were trolling them even through login-email fields.

Team Gizka then attempted to launch a counter-offensive by sending a bunch of retards over here, but it was quickly thwarted by the Codex special magic of tubgirl and the lack of moderation (one of them even tried to whine to moderators because of megaton of insults going his way). So they retreated.

The second invasion happened some months later which again caused lots of drama and deleted threads on their forums and the following lock of registrations.

After that Codex forgot about them and returned to the daily butthurt trolling of each other.

Fuck people who say Skyway is a useless poster. :salute:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO HE IS A CERTIFIED EXPERT IN WHINY CUNT CRYING IF I WAS INTERESTED IN SOME TOPIC THAT SOMEBODY WENT AL PMS OVER SKYWAY WOULD BE MY FIRST EXPERT CONSULT

Malachi

Liturgist
Let none doubt the power of my Google-Fu...

The Gizka forum is alive, though on life support. It was moved when the webhost switched provider. It's a pretty barren place now, mostly posts about "WTF happened?!?" (And *still* some retards defending Dashus, if you can believe it.)

Main page is here, link to Gizka forum at top left.

Edit: Those wanting a direct link to their forum without two extra clicks, link is here.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Wonder what would happen if we spamed them to oblivion now?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Jaesun said:
So Dashus finally accepted defeat since Zbyl2 and DarthStoney were able to do it in less time?
Last time he posted was what, 15 months ago? when he said he was too busy after having finally discovered sex at the sweet age of 25 and therefore will not work on the mod. But he assures us the mod will be released.

It was a strange post if you actually tried to make sense of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom