Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Where my Bubbles Gone?

Israfael

Arcane
This thread started to deliver, we need even more drama. Since the 'second tier' debacle was mentioned, I'd suppose that this affair contributed to the self-ejection decision of Mr Bubbles

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
The only thing I'm pissed about -- and people involved in these dramas can back me up about this -- is the leaks. Writing a review takes a significant amount of effort. I know I'm not exactly popular in certain quarters here and put on my asbestos underpants whenever those things are published, but when somebody attempts to sabotage them from the inside, before they're published, yeah that hurts and yeah that pisses me off.

I know that the reason people do that has less to do with me and more to do with Codex Inner Circle politicking. I don't care. It's still a dick move.

This may come as a bit of a shock guise but there isn't a review submission process. Anyone can submit a review, or an idea of a review, and if it's vaguely on-topic and recognisable as a review, they'll publish it. That'll also paint a bullseye on your back, meaning they might ask you to write more. This is what I did. Thing is, there isn't exactly a queue around the block here with people offering to write reviews.

I.e. if you claim you care about the Codex and don't like my reviews, instead of bitching about shilling and Infinitron and decline and me and shilling and decline in post after post after post, why not write one? Or if not a review, why not offer to write some other content? 'Cuz if you don't, you are ceding the front page to whoever does bother.

:eyeroll:

Not true. I submitted a review, but of course Inshillitron only wants reviews sucking the devs off, and it was about Derpest Dungeon so obviously that didn't happen. Because apparently he's such a greedy jew he can't buy =< 20 dollar games himself.

I was also wondering about this thread and wtf it did with my Codex because someone ragequit for retarded reasons and people were all nice and suipportive and shit instead of calling him a tranny cuck. Then I saw the last few pages. That's better. Carry on!

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
I submitted it, Inshillitron ignored me, so I shitposted about it and he said something like he wouldn't post it, no reason provided. He then ignored me when I posted news about a different game. He's the reason you all were denied lulz and he's probably denied you a lot of meaningful content as well.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I'm actually curious what happened to this...

It's 38 pages of what the fuck am I reading and it resulted in Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.,
village_idiot.gif
, and
possibly_retarded.png

Read at your own sanity's risk.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Imagine what would happen if you people would spend even the tiniest amount of all the energy you spend here on making actual content for this site. Then again...
:shitandpiss:
Why would we waste our time when Infinitron can just deny publishing the review for whatever Jew reason. It sounds like the admins and/or moderators foster a negative environment for contributing to the website. It's no wonder you're scraping the bottom of the barrel with Bubbles and Prime Junta. Two beta bitches that rage quit over a disagreement for a review. All of you on the Codex staff should be ashamed of yourselves.

Mustawd

ITT people making excuses for being lazy and not writing reviews. Also, agree with what my man ghostdog said.

Tigranes

Arcane
It's certainly the one thing that would make a Junta review seem tame in comparison

Lorenzen

Augur
Bubbles said:
I'm under Japanese influence and my honor's at stake.

Blackout, blackout.
It's a damn shame that one of the most level-headed people on this site decided to quit after losing temper for about five minutes, when there's a bunch of wackos running around here daily without anybody batting an eyelid. If you really care about something, you're allowed to sometimes go crazy about it as it shows it's really important to you. It's only human.
Ain't nuthin' wrong about caring 'bout integrity, although I suppose the best way to handle that situation was to let the attention whore's review be published as it was and then just give him enough rope to hang himself. After all this isn't and will never be a prestigious publication or whatever the fuck some ambitious elements would like it to be. Shit would come out sooner or later while all this wouldn't have happened. Oh, well.

But, Bubbles, if you're reading this, I'd just like you to know that I don't think anyone would think less of you, if came back, and actually I think you'd be welcomed with opened arms. We all screw up sometimes, be it reasons wrong or right. This started with you doing the wrong thing for the right reason, but now you're going to end it with doing the wrong thing for the wrong reason. You apologized and to make up for what you did, you should submit one of the most fucking amazing reads of yours yet, and then just keep on doing that, because that's what everybody here (including yourself, I think) expect of you, want you to do, and like you, and respect you.

Although I suppose breaking away from the Codex is good for the soul, too.

Well, thanks for your work anyway. That's what everyone will remember you for.

:salute:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's a damn shame that one of the most level-headed people on this site decided to quit after losing temper for about five minutes, when there's a bunch of wackos running around here daily without anybody batting an eyelid. If you really care about something, you're allowed to sometimes go crazy about it as it shows it's really important to you. It's only human.

I'm getting the impression the guy's been melting down behind the scenes for a while now, and the administration likes his content too much to embarrass him by posting it.

Perhaps CodexLeaks will happen after the final gamescom report and the JES interview have been delivered.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom