Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why did Real Time Strategy genre die out?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
WC3 is definitely slower than Starcraft. The first couple of minutes you cannot even interact with your opponent

What the hell you are talking about. Level 1 Far Seer rush to use wolf to harash. Fire Lord harasses. Blade Master harasses. Archmage Water Elemental harasses. Night Elf can do it with Demon Hunter Immolate too.

You don't start with the hero dude. You have build stuff than train the hero. That takes about 2 minutes give or take before your guy is out the door. That time is always going to be the same. No amount of APM is going to speed up that process which means matches in WC3 always start relatively relaxed.

Also, it's not easy to scout during this phase which means your selection of the hero has to be made in the dark. By the time you know what race or what hero your opponent is using yours is already out, and you have to deal with that for the rest of the match.

Of course, the meta now is established which means the spot for first hero has a limited number of options but i like there's still an element of chance when the game begins.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
More micro is obviously always going to be an advantage, but there's no excuse for how heavily it's weighted in modern RTS games. One can easily image a slower RTS (Like say, playing starcraft at *GASP* Normal speed instead of fastest, and suddenly the difference between a new player and someone trying to get arthritis in the next 3 months is like, 10% more resources gained after 30 minutes, instead of 200% more. And if the difference in resources is that small, suddenly strategy can actually swing the fight, instead of being irrelevant because you'll lose even killing at two to one efficiency.

Last time I tried getting into SC2 I was following a guide that was literally about practicing macro. I spent the entire match watching my own base, hurling masses of roach and hydra at my enemy while paying no attention to the fights, or what they were building. The entire point was that I could just have 4000 minerals worth of shit on the field by the time they had 1000. It worked quite well, and I stopped playing because it was boring as fuck. If the game were slower, I'd be able to maintain that kind of output while also making interesting decisions, but I can't, and I'm not willing to spend hundreds of hours practicing so the game will eventually be fun in theory, if played in a very specific and limited way.

To me those arguments are nonsensical because speed is not actually the problem when it comes to online games.

Put the game on normal and you'll still get your ass kicked by the same people who are kicking your ass on faster. Nothing is going to change except you made the game worse.

The question for me is what exactly are you expecting from a competitive multiplayer experience. Are you asking to have a fighting chance against skilled players? Because it kinda of feels that way to me, and i'm sorry to say, but that expectation is both retarded and liable to just end up making the game worse if anybody actually tried to accomodate this asinine demand.

The only thing you should be asking for is a system that actually manages to separate players based on skill on a fairly consistent level. Hell, maybe even have different match making based on game speed. It's certainly doable. But the idea that the game should somehow be neutered to the point scrubs get to have a fighting "chance" against the pro, just, dude, fuck no.

The only thing you should be asking for is a system that actually manages to separate players based on skill on a fairly consistent level.

I feel like SC2 already achieved this. I would say that lowest leagues in it are very noob friendly. Actually bronze and low silver players are so hilariously bad it can be shocking. Lots of people there who think staying on one base for 10+ minutes and going up to highest tech that you cannot afford with your shit eco is a valid playstyle.
I don't believe in anything below Diamond you need to be fast at all in SC2 and it's all about having good priorities and less retarded decision making than your opponent. Even in lower tier of Diamond, where I usually reside, there's still plenty of slow players. I know this because I occasionally like to watch replays with my opponents camera enabled. Speed no doubt is important at highest levels of the game but in lower leagues these complaints feel like cope to me, because it's easier to say that you are not fast enough than to admit that you are playing like idiot.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Can't you send a peon for scouting?

Not worth the effort if their hero comes out before yours. Peon scouting looks like this:

Notice how by the time he sends his peon out the hero is already in training. Also, it takes exactly 2 minutes for the hero to come out after the starting of the match, so i remembered that right at least.

Generally, the meta now dictates there's only going to be a select number of heroes that are optimal to have on the first spot but there's still a little bit of uncertainty when the matches start.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The only thing you should be asking for is a system that actually manages to separate players based on skill on a fairly consistent level.

I feel like SC2 already achieved this. I would say that lowest leagues in it are very noob friendly. Actually bronze and low silver players are so hilariously bad it can be shocking. Lots of people there who think staying on one base for 10+ minutes and going up to highest tech that you cannot afford with your shit eco is a valid playstyle.
I don't believe in anything below Diamond you need to be fast at all in SC2 and it's all about having good priorities and less retarded decision making than your opponent. Even in lower tier of Diamond, where I usually reside, there's still plenty of slow players. I know this because I occasionally like to watch replays with my opponents camera enabled. Speed no doubt is important at highest levels of the game but in lower leagues these complaints feel like cope to me, because it's easier to say that you are not fast enough than to admit that you are playing like idiot.

So what's the problem exactly? Are people actually demanding they should share the same spot with the pros? Should Joe Schmo also get to play against Lebron James i don't think i understand the thought process here.

So what's the problem exactly? Are people actually demanding they should share the same spot with the pros?

I don't have a problem with it so not sure what you mean exactly. I didn't notice anything like that, just people complaining that the game is "all about who clicks faster". And most of those were codexers too. Now I won't be pointing any fingers at who exactly they are but I did play SC2 with several codexers for a bit and they liked to use that as excuse for not getting better at the game. "I'm just not as fast as these fucking no life tryhards", then I look at their play and their builds make zero fucking sense. The last guy I played team games with would annoy me quite a bit with his builds. Plays terran, puts down 4 barracks before expanding. So I look at it, ok he's going for one base all in so I also cut worker production and start pumping units to sync with him. Except then he suddenly starts expanding and these barracks just stand there not producing anything. And when we lose the match it's usually because "too many tryhards in this game". And that guy would never play 1v1 because "1v1 is for fags", meaning "I am too butthurt". Only played team games, where he could just do random stupid shit and we still sometimes win because my builds make some kind of sense at least.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, it's goes beyond the Codex because this is a recurrent thing all over the internet. Whenever someone mentions RTS games, or arena shooters, or anything that was build around player skill, the majority of people all agree on one thing: it was the pros that ruined those games, which to me is all just sour grapes coming from people who sucked at those games.

Well, it's goes beyond the Codex because this is a recurrent thing all over the internet. Whenever someone mentions RTS games, or arena shooters, or anything that was build around player skill, the majority of people all agree on one thing: it was the pros that ruined those games, which to me is all just sour grapes coming from people who sucked at those games.
I'll take your word for it, I don't really read discussions about competetive games except for SC2 occasionally and there I am not seeing that much of it. In fact, whenever there's a patch that changes something to be more manageable for lower level players there's a bunch of complaints about how this ruins it for highest level players. For example a change to target priority regarding Carriers that was introduced about a year or two ago. They made it so units that are in range of Carriers actually shoot them and not their Interceptors by default. Massive QoL change for lower league players as Carriers were nightmare for them to deal with because of how A-move friendly they were. Lots of people started complaining how poor Protoss pros already are not winning as much as Zergs or Terran. I felt it was a great change personally, I hate strategies that are way easier to execute than they are to counter.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Put the game on normal and you'll still get your ass kicked by the same people who are kicking your ass on faster. Nothing is going to change except you made the game worse.
This is blatantly retarded. It's like saying everyone would play just as well in bullet chess, which is clearly the superior option, and taking more than 5 seconds for a move is for pussies.

For example a change to target priority regarding Carriers that was introduced about a year or two ago. They made it so units that are in range of Carriers actually shoot them and not their Interceptors by default.

Shit like this is exactly what I'm talking about. Losing the game because you failed to click on a carrier exactly every 2.4 seconds within a .1 second window to maximimze damage in between injecting larva, building units, spreading creep, and reassigning workers to a less saturated base... is not the same as losing a game because you predicted the opponent was going to build blink stalkers and he built carriers instead. One is a matter of extremely high level hand eye coordination and precise timing, the other is a matter of strategy. The idea that it's fine for an RTS game to be 90% the former and 10% the latter is retarded.

One of the reasons LoL blew DotA out of the water was removing some of that shit- denying creeps in the laning phase was retarded busywork that had an insanely outsized impact on the game and minimized the importance of things like avoiding being killed by a roaming hero or finding the proper risk/reward balance of how low to let your health and mana get while laning, which is obviously a more interesting form of gameplay than who can play the glorified QTE the best for the first 5 minutes.

For example a change to target priority regarding Carriers that was introduced about a year or two ago. They made it so units that are in range of Carriers actually shoot them and not their Interceptors by default.

Shit like this is exactly what I'm talking about. Losing the game because you failed to click on a carrier exactly every 2.4 seconds within a .1 second window to maximimze damage in between injecting larva, building units, spreading creep, and reassigning workers to a less saturated base... is not the same as losing a game because you predicted the opponent was going to build blink stalkers and he built carriers instead. One is a matter of extremely high level hand eye coordination and precise timing, the other is a matter of strategy. The idea that it's fine for an RTS game to be 90% the former and 10% the latter is retarded.

I understand the frustration, SC2 is definitely a butthurt inducing game. However, if you are actually trying to inject larva, spread creep and manage workers during a fight with Carriers you are playing terribly wrong. The only macro you should be doing during fights is clicking your production control group to make reinforcements as your units are dying and that's only after you made sure they are fighting properly first. And also if your opponent got to a point where he has mass carriers it's usually because you neglected to deny his economy too much. It's actually really hard to mass that unit if opponent won't let you get up to good economy. With zerg it's actually fairly easy, you distract them with some units on one side while right clicking a bunch of banelings into their mineral lines. I like to do that as their eggs are hatching then fly in with some mutas from other side. Mass cannons don't help there, when you right click 20+ banelings into a mineral line those banelings will also rape their static defense as they get exploded on their way to workers. They do prettty good damage vs buildings. And the carrier players are usually turtles who will let you go up to much superior economy and start spamming those little shits into their bases. Usually my strat when I see airtoss turtling is to just go up to 5 bases ASAP, take 4 and 5 at same time, then go up to 10 vespene geysers mining, start making air upgrades as I annoy them with banelings. Building two spires for double upgrades is valid in that situation.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'll take your word for it, I don't really read discussions about competetive games except for SC2 occasionally and there I am not seeing that much of it. In fact, whenever there's a patch that changes something to be more manageable for lower level players there's a bunch of complaints about how this ruins it for highest level players. For example a change to target priority regarding Carriers that was introduced about a year or two ago. They made it so units that are in range of Carriers actually shoot them and not their Interceptors by default. Massive QoL change for lower league players as Carriers were nightmare for them to deal with because of how A-move friendly they were. Lots of people started complaining how poor Protoss pros already are not winning as much as Zergs or Terran. I felt it was a great change personally, I hate strategies that are way easier to execute than they are to counter.

It's not beyond the realm of possibilities that such changes are warranted, but for the most part they always never are, mostly because of the reason they are introduced: to level skill player differences. That will ALWAYS invariably lead to the game become worse in the long run, because the most immediate way to level the play field between players is by curtailing player agency and freedom.

The reason arena shooters and early RTS games allowed for such an high level of skill is that they were so raw and basic mechanically it gave almost infinite room for skill expression, even beyond what the developers expected as players found loop holes in the engine. In Quake you had three elements that needed to be mastered. Dueling, movement speed and positioning, and map and resource control, and there was nothing there to put a stop to how far a player could go in reaching any level of virtuosity in any of those things. It's not that the games were intentionally designed to be "for the pros". It's just that there was no barrier to how far players could go. If the skill ceiling reached impossible levels is only because the game allowed for people to go as far as the human body and mind could go.

To me, that freedom is what made those games so addicting. Now, sure, if you are pitted against the pros all the time it's going to alienate low skilled or inexperienced players, but the solution to that is a tiered match making system. Putting a cap on player agency in an effort to curtail player skill just leads to the game becoming shit and as far as i'm concerned unplayable.

Consoles and the desire to even out player skill is the reason all those genres died. This was not a natural death, they were basically murdered. If it wasn't the controller limiting movement, it was the devs themselves that put a cap on what you could do. On some games they even went as far as add RNG in gun accuracy to obliterate player skill. At that point you are not even actually playing at all.

Last edited:
It's not beyond the realm of possibilities that such changes are warranted, but for the most part they always never are, mostly because of the reason they are introduced: to level skill player differences.

That particular change was made by pros themselves who were part of "balance council" that got formed after Blizzard stop working on game. I seriously doubt they came up with it because they wanted noobs to compete with them. That unit was legit retarded, it allowed some really bad protosses who are Silver skill level at best to go up to Diamond. All they needed to do, after gathering enough Carriers, was just to A-move that shit and go AFK and majority of players below Diamond would die to it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
This is blatantly retarded. It's like saying everyone would play just as well in bullet chess, which is clearly the superior option, and taking more than 5 seconds for a move is for pussies.

No, it's cope because the faster player will still be faster if you slow down the game, and since there's no cap in the amount of meaningful actions you can make at a given moment (besides the limits of the human body itself), the faster player will still kick your ass by doing more within the longer span of time you have given him as well as yourself.

The only way you can prevent that is by limiting what can be done in the game, like in an MMO where you can't do shit until the skill refreshes and you end up with fixed rotations because you have no room to do more than what the game allows you to do.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I play Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition online sometimes, with their automated matchmaking system based on Elo.
I have a very middling Elo of around 1000. I'm not bad at the game, but neither am I great. Just middle of the road competent-ish player.
And I don't really want to get much better than this. I'm comfortable in my zone.

You can play RTS games competitively without having to soar to pro level. You can stay in your mid-range league and have fun with it.

There are even some super low Elo players (below 800) who regularly play and have fun playing incompetently against each other. There's a streamer/youtube commenter who comments on AoE2 games, and he has a series called Low Elo Legends where he casts games played by weak players with a low Elo, and they're so much fun to watch because nothing they do is meta, it's just two dudes playing the game in their own style.

Just because RTS is a potentially very competitive genre where the pros dominate doesn't mean there's no space for amateurs to have fun, too.
Just like how pretty much all sports have an amateur league.

Damned Registrations

The only macro you should be doing during fights is clicking your production control group to make reinforcements as your units are dying and that's only after you made sure they are fighting properly first
If you're a terran or protoss that can bank up your bonus econ shit, sure. For zerg, not injecting larva is basically the equivalent of having nothing in your production queue. It's the larva that take time to produce. The units all get made at once, so building 30 new units takes just as long as 3.

And here's the thing: if you're fighting with some finnicky shit like ravagers or banelings (or against those) then yeah, micro will be of vital importance. But if you're throwing a pile of roaches and hydras at a bunch of tanks and marines, your micro is probably not going to make as much of a difference in your net value 3 minutes from now as moving those 20 workers that are currently sharing 2 mineral patches. So staying glued to the fight for 3 minutes and only building units, while absolutely the thing I want to do because it's more interesting and creative, is not necessarily the right call if I want to win.

since there's no cap in the amount of meaningful actions you can make at a given moment
This is retarded. Obviously, at any given moment, there are a range of possible actions that have different levels of value. Obviously, players prioritize important actions like casting impactful spells over trivial shit like individually clicking your workers so they take the shortest possible path to an open mineral patch more efficiently than the AI would have handled it- which is going to give you less than 1% more income. It's a soft cap. If the game is slowed down to the point that the 'better' player is doing that, and that's his 40% APM advantage at work, he's going to get fucking curb stomped if he's not as good in other aspects like doing the math on whether to get upgrades or more units, or choosing when and where to most effectively cast a spell.

This is why humans can beat AI at human playable speeds, but not at the speeds an AI could comfortably play at. You are effectively arguing that a retarded bot is a better player than the best pros because the bot can play at 64x speed and little things like 'not sending all your workers into combat because a mineral patch mined out' are rounding errors that don't meaningfully impact player skill.

The only macro you should be doing during fights is clicking your production control group to make reinforcements as your units are dying and that's only after you made sure they are fighting properly first
If you're a terran or protoss that can bank up your bonus econ shit, sure. For zerg, not injecting larva is basically the equivalent of having nothing in your production queue. It's the larva that take time to produce. The units all get made at once, so building 30 new units takes just as long as 3.

Were you actually trying to do one inject per 30 seconds or something? I'm not saying it's not impossible to run out of larva during fights, but it happens very rarely to me as I only inject every 30 seconds at very early game, when there's not much else going on. Later on I get up to 8-10 Queens and I have energy to queue enough injects to not have to worry about it for several minutes. And I also do the easiest possible method of injecting, which is hold base camera key + shift + rapid fire while holding mouse cursor at the center of screen. So it's just hold 3 buttons for few seconds to inject every single hatchery I have. For this you only need your bases connected with creep so Queens don't start slow walking between bases. I'm often at 100-200 larva in late game because of this. And if I still had larva issues I would just start adding more hatcheries, also a valid approach.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Arguing APM doesn't matter and arguing APM means everything in RTS is fucking retarded Jesus.

There macro game in RTS, opening, build sequence train sequence and so on and so forth and those are 100% important. APM enable you to do those things MUCH more efficiently, especially after the phase where you have at least one troop-producing building. Good micro also means less resource loss, RTS fundamentally is a game of resource and one who has advantage over it will more likely also win. Micro enables you to survive more, and kill more, especially important in the early phase of the game. For Blizzard RTS with a bunch of active abilities it is also a matter of utilizing them effectively.

Macro game is important but if you have a slow reaction time/shit apm, you will never eventually hit a cap. APM is also not about mindlessly clicking shit but also making those click count, about the moment to moment decision making, processing information, and putting them to action.

Damned Registrations

Were you actually trying to do one inject per 30 seconds or something?
Yep. Like I said, the whole point of playing like that was to practice such things. The goal is to be able to do the injects and other macro shit while doing all the other shit like scouting and harassing and defending against harassment, instead of either A: Forgetting to inject in the early game and falling behind or B: Playing like a blind turtle (which was where I was at, more or less.) Generally speaking these games didn't get to lategame anyways; it was generally over, win or lose, once I maxed out. Either my opponent was ready with a hard counter like a planetary and tanks or a pile of lurkers on the high ground, or they got drowned in bodies. Trying to win without doing something intelligent like scouting or tech swapping was the whole point. If I could get to diamond just by flawlessly executing the macro for 12 minutes, I'd have established a foundation to add other skills onto. I could have gotten further with a balanced approach obviously, I've got much more skill with micro from all the custom map nonsense and time spent playing MOBAs. I was trying to correct a weakness is my skillset and gave up out of boredom before I got there.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
This is retarded. Obviously, at any given moment, there are a range of possible actions that have different levels of value. Obviously, players prioritize important actions like casting impactful spells over trivial shit like individually clicking your workers so they take the shortest possible path to an open mineral patch more efficiently than the AI would have handled it- which is going to give you less than 1% more income. It's a soft cap. If the game is slowed down to the point that the 'better' player is doing that, and that's his 40% APM advantage at work, he's going to get fucking curb stomped if he's not as good in other aspects like doing the math on whether to get upgrades or more units, or choosing when and where to most effectively cast a spell.

This is why humans can beat AI at human playable speeds, but not at the speeds an AI could comfortably play at. You are effectively arguing that a retarded bot is a better player than the best pros because the bot can play at 64x speed and little things like 'not sending all your workers into combat because a mineral patch mined out' are rounding errors that don't meaningfully impact player skill.

You are forgetting about the micro.

The reason people say Starcraft is more about the macro is not that the micro isn't there, it's just that it is humanly impossible to do everything you could be doing to maximize your play. Slow down the game and you'll just open up a ton of micro possibilities a faster player will instantly exploit, which means you are still gonna get creamed.

Would be an interesting experiment to see what would happen if SC2 allowed match making between people playing at a lower speed (easy to add a different gaming mode and ranking for that). My guess is that it's not gonna change anything. Korean autists will still come up on top reguardless. Slowing down the game means instead of doing 400 actions every minute they'll now do the equivalent of 800 actions. Casuls will still get raped by the pros, and the screeching will continue.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Arguing APM doesn't matter and arguing APM means everything in RTS is fucking retarded Jesus.

There macro game in RTS, opening, build sequence train sequence and so on and so forth and those are 100% important. APM enable you to do those things MUCH more efficiently, especially after the phase where you have at least one troop-producing building. Good micro also means less resource loss, RTS fundamentally is a game of resource and one who has advantage over it will more likely also win. Micro enables you to survive more, and kill more, especially important in the early phase of the game. For Blizzard RTS with a bunch of active abilities it is also a matter of utilizing them effectively.

Macro game is important but if you have a slow reaction time/shit apm, you will never eventually hit a cap. APM is also not about mindlessly clicking shit but also making those click count, about the moment to moment decision making, processing information, and putting them to action.

The question is why any of this needs to be changed for the genre to be "resurrected" when this is how those games worked when they were at the peak of their popularity.

Damned Registrations

You are forgetting about the micro.

The reason people say Starcraft is more about the macro is not that the micro isn't there, it's just that it is humanly impossible to do everything you could be doing to maximize your play. Slow down the game and you'll just open up a ton of micro possibilities, which means you are still gonna get creamed.
Not really. To a point, sure, and things like banelings and psi storm would instantly fall out of the meta as everyone suddenly has the spare time to do perfect splits. But you can't just get infinite value out of micro, not even with shit like blink stalkers or burrowing roaches. At some point you're splitting hairs and making miniscule gains. The difference between 40 marines target firing perfectly with no wasted shots and 40 marines handled by the AI firing at whatever is closest is fairly small in most scenarios; you're talking about letting 1 extra shot get fired back at you from roaches per stutter step because you left 4 units at half hp instead of 2 at full. That's not going to swing a game if your marines are 3 screens away from the place they should be defending from the run-by you didn't predict.

OTOH, at current speeds, the difference between someone getting distracted for 3 seconds while being harassed and someone dealing with that harassment in 2 seconds and spending 1 with the main army to notice the simultaneos baneling attack will absolutely swing a game. That 50% more apm advantage makes a huge difference in the current environment. It's not a matter of being smart enough to realize you should do something, it's about having enough time to do all the important things you know need to be done.

Were you actually trying to do one inject per 30 seconds or something?
Yep. Like I said, the whole point of playing like that was to practice such things. The goal is to be able to do the injects and other macro shit while doing all the other shit like scouting and harassing and defending against harassment, instead of either A: Forgetting to inject in the early game and falling behind or B: Playing like a blind turtle (which was where I was at, more or less.) Generally speaking these games didn't get to lategame anyways; it was generally over, win or lose, once I maxed out. Either my opponent was ready with a hard counter like a planetary and tanks or a pile of lurkers on the high ground, or they got drowned in bodies. Trying to win without doing something intelligent like scouting or tech swapping was the whole point. If I could get to diamond just by flawlessly executing the macro for 12 minutes, I'd have established a foundation to add other skills onto. I could have gotten further with a balanced approach obviously, I've got much more skill with micro from all the custom map nonsense and time spent playing MOBAs. I was trying to correct a weakness is my skillset and gave up out of boredom before I got there.
Doing injects every 30 seconds instead of queueing them up with Shift whenever possible is just stupid and gimping yourself for no reason. Also I am not sure what you think would happen if you got to Diamond with just macro but I think you would have a terrible time of it. Most players who are in Diamond don't get there by doing only blind macro. That's just a stupid coin flip. You do macro-only until macro actions are drilled into your muscle memory and you can do it without thinking, that makes sense to me. And you can probably get there by the time you are in Gold league. That's what I did. Reaching Diamond like that, where most players will have a more well rounded skill set than you, seems like asking for pain. Also, don't think that your macro should be flawless when you are adding other shit on top of it too. Games will get messier than they would be if you are just focusing only on macro. They got messier for me as well, but that's fine as long as I'm returning to macro tasks whenever I get spare time. Proper back-and-forth SC2 games will always be messy to some degree and there's no point about getting autistic about everything being 100 percent optimized. I think you should've followed the guide that teaches you the real thing, like this one. Here a guy still teaches macro, but it starts as 2 base macro with earlier aggression. In higher leagues he adds more bases to it. Playing his way is much more fun than just grinding macro only. I've seen half of low league episode of this and one of higher leagues, close to Diamond. That's where I picked up a tip about crippling turtling Protoss players with mass banelings.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's not a matter of being smart enough to realize you should do something, it's about having enough time to do all the important things you know need to be done.

Yeah, because RTS games are action games.

It's half and half. It's both about how fast and precise you are, and how much you understand tactics, strategy and the meta. If you want pure strategy you should play a turn based game.

BTW, i think you are just coping at how much a pro player could extract out of a slower game. Since it's never gonna be tried you can be free to live in your delusion but anyone who understands how human virtuosity works knows you are not gonna really level the playing field by making things easier for you if it also makes things easier for them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom