Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher 2 - 20 minutes of gameplay

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
The game is still a year away from release, shit will change.

Joghurt

Augur
The combat looks like pure shit and I doubt anybody can fix that. The rest of the game looks great though...

MasPingon

Arcane
I like PoP combat style, it's far better then clicking the button in the right moment. It worked very well in Risen

Gerrard

Arcane
clicking the button in the right moment
I hope you realize you just described almost every video game ever, including what we saw on the gameplay.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Gerrard said:
I hope you realize you just described almost every video game ever, including what we saw on the gameplay.
Yet it describes witcher's combat better than any other game.

spekkio

Arcane
Watched videos and:
  • Battle animations look like shit - it's not combat, it's fucking breakdance FFS - it looks totally unnatural, check out the fistfight in video #3 - wtf was that?
  • Human models look worse than in TW1, body animations in dialogs are less stiff, but still much artificial than in Bloodlines (2004), faces are horrible though,
  • landscape graphics look great, both forrest and town look gorgeous,
  • way too much bloom - it's neverending sunset or sth?
The rest was good for what it was.

MasPingon

Arcane
Gerrard said:

Yeah, the difference is that in other games you at least have choice when to click the mouse button

Gerrard

Arcane
MasPingon said:
Gerrard said:

Yeah, the difference is that in other games you at least have choice when to click the mouse button
You always have choice.
You click at the wrong time in TW, you miss.
You click at the wrong time in a shooter, you miss.
You click at the wrong time in a platformer, you miss (jump, or whatever).
Sure is difference around here.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hmm... game looks mediocre but I hope dialogues will be great, as in first one.

Gerrard

Arcane
I'm guessing it's the New Shit™.

Silellak said:
I wonder if it's safe to assume that the isometric camera is long-gone for TW2.
They said there will be different cameras, so not necessarily.

Angthoron

Arcane
Some elements and too much bloom aside, looks pretty nice. Don't know what was meant by models being worse than in TW1, either, they look pretty good to me.

Now, the narrator guy that kept yapping, that was atrocious.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Gameplay looks like total borefest shit. The character models look like spawns from a cesspool from a negro county, combat animations made me puke. Bunch of x-treme teenager stuff in a high fantasy world with guys so badass they could make Commander Shepard piss his pants by just glaring at him.

Hang the creators of this game on each other's entrails, then set the remains on fire. Also, skin alive that fucking narrator that CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET ME LISTEN TO THE GAME!

hoochimama

Liturgist
Silellak said:
I wonder if it's safe to assume that the isometric camera is long-gone for TW2.

It was still present in the first leaked video.

Seems impossible to tell how combat actually works from that video. It could be a system fairly similar to the previous game where you click on an enemy for the witcher to start a string of attacks and whoever is playing through it in the video just keeps switching targets.

MasPingon

Arcane
racofer said:
Gameplay looks like total borefest shit. The character models look like spawns from a cesspool from a negro county, combat animations made me puke. Bunch of x-treme teenager stuff in a high fantasy world with guys so badass they could make Commander Shepard piss his pants by just glaring at him.

Jesus fuckin Christ, you are sad

ricolikesrice

Arcane
great vid, RPG mechanics look fantastic and the atmosphere seems to have heart and soul. makes me proud to be a pole when i watch this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom