Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Worldstone Chronicles (formerly Journey for the Crown) - Fantasy Open-World Isometric RPG with RTwP Combat

rojay

Scholar
Looks interesting enough that I wishlisted it, and not only because the developer sounds like Joe Pera.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
At 0:32 in the trailer, about the classes. Which are the differences between Warlocks, Sorcerers and Wizards in this game? And which spells are available?

JFTC-Scott

Cover Club Media
Developer
At 0:32 in the trailer, about the classes. Which are the differences between Warlocks, Sorcerers and Wizards in this game? And which spells are available?
Thanks for the interesting question. These classes are quite different yet are very familiar to other fantasy games.
• The warlock is a dot-based class, with fear and some life-draining abilities to replenish health. https://journeyforthecrown.com/wiki/Warlock
• The Sorcerer has many crowd control spells, and the ability to charm some enemies. You can also get invisibility to help with landing these spells. https://journeyforthecrown.com/wiki/Sorcerer
• The Wizard has mostly damage spells, and a couple of tricks to get out of trouble; teleport and burden. A simple task the wizard has, but the abilities he uses are very unique. For example, some are passive, and run on-going, while others drop on the ground. These can be really deadly when stacked up as you are freed up to do other things. https://journeyforthecrown.com/wiki/Wizard

Each character gets a main, and 2 subclasses. Subclasses are earned later on as you level up. The idea is to get you familiar with your base class before introducing more abilities. Lots of other classes to pick from and mixing them up is also pretty cool too! You can make some really silly ones too like a Healer - > Wizard - > Warrior! But perhaps there is something that works in that! Gear plays a big factor in your class as sub classes introduce you to different types of armor, and the heavier the type of armor the slower your will abilities will be ready again. This does not affect the actual casting speed, just the cooldown timer before you can use it again. Some talents and stats can help work you work around that problem.
See a complete list of classes here
https://journeyforthecrown.com/wiki/Category:Class

I hope that helps!
Thanks

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

In this Indie Game Devlog video for Journey for the Crown I go over some new updates such as enemy invasion at a town and many other updates added to the game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

In this Indie Game Devlog video for Journey for the Crown I go over some new ways I'm staying organized and on track.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
An interesting video, but it's only got 300 views and one pathetic comment. The hopelessness of indie RPGs is palpable.

JFTC-Scott

Cover Club Media
Developer
I wish Pillows of Eternity type UI didn't get popular
UI is not finalized and I'm open to hearing what you suggest. UI is tough to pull off but I'm eager to try other things if you have some ideas.

JFTC-Scott

Cover Club Media
Developer
I wish Pillows of Eternity type UI didn't get popular
UI is not finalized and I'm open to hearing what you suggest. UI is tough to pull off but I'm eager to try other things if you have some ideas.
I've always found the old BG1&2 far more readable, especially nowadays that widescreen is almost a given

This oozes nostalgia for me, but I figured everyone would dislike it. Is this what you prefer?

tw5THPd.jpg

JFTC-Scott

Cover Club Media
Developer
An interesting video, but it's only got 300 views and one pathetic comment. The hopelessness of indie RPGs is palpable.
Ya it is tough... Youtube is swamped by fake creators, developers claiming to be indies with teams running in the background. This same method is all over Facebook, Kickstarter etc. A couple will squeeze through with excellent video editing skills but they tend to always quit and chase Youtube all day. I and many others are drowned out by most of it. It totally sucks, but I'm alright with a small following for now and will keep going with it.

It is not entirely hopeless for indie RPGs. I think the goal is to reach influencers. I've spoken to several and when things have progressed along more I think it will get a decent spotlight for an indie game. I've had 2 voluntarily do it without my knowledge and I noticed a massive spike in wishlists from one of them. So that is promising.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
They'll say they want a U-shaped UI, but they don't. It's impractical with a wide screen. Don't do everything they ask you to do.

People asked me for a U-shaped UI mod for pillars. I did it. I think I saw just one guy ever using it.

JFTC-Scott

Cover Club Media
Developer
They'll say they want a U-shaped UI, but they don't. It's impractical with a wide screen. Don't do everything they ask you to do.

People asked me for a U-shaped UI mod for pillars. I did it. I think I saw just one guy ever using it.
Lol noted.

agris

Arcane
Patron

It wasn’t your UI we disliked, it was Pillars.

No surprise those that went on to put lots of hours into Pillows didn’t use it, they already didn’t have the good sense to put the game down.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

all of your mods are bitcoin miners

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom