Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Worldstone Chronicles (formerly Journey for the Crown) - Fantasy Open-World Isometric RPG with RTwP Combat

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://www.journeyforthecrown.com

ss-d97de37f8a048edd1fe67d9bcff666b5b7a0b2d4-1920x1080.jpg

ss-fe4e2b0055d460dae4723b8cc9bbf7332bcf80ab-1920x1080.jpg

ss-e939658aee4ba2a74f1f26cec2d19da04d8474c7-1920x1080.jpg

Journey for the Crown is a single player, team-based, story driven, open-world adventure game using multiple characters without the need to pause in combat. This action based combat system brings interesting and new ways to manage your team in a fun way. Journey for the Crown brings a lengthy choose your own adventure dialogue system with over 250 zones to explore, countless hours of quests, adventures and treasures to discover.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the casting animations. General aesthetics are good, too. Very grounded. I'm concerned about the MMO style abilities, but this is just a first look. I will probably look into it more.

V_K

Arcane
Ran the demo for 10 minutes. It plays just as prosperian as it looks. When changing hair style in character creation, the old hair visibly fell off. UI is atrocious - interactable objects only display interaction icons when a character is near them (so you first have to click to move near them, then click again to interact). Items can only be picked up from the ground in item highlight mode (i.e. while pressing alt). Left-clicking on any uninteractive spot makes currently selected characters deselected - very fun in the middle of battle. There also doesn't seem to be any collision detection whatsoever and several characters may occupy the same space.

JFTC-Scott

Cover Club Media
Developer
Hey guys, I just noticed the amount of downloads coming from this site so I figured I'd check it out. I'm sad to see the hate and dislike but it's just a demo at the moment. I did not realize someone posted my game here, the demo was really for my twitch users to play as it was not polished enough for a place like this to critique yet. Anyways, I'll have an update today that does fix some issues presented, but keep in mind this is a Indie game and a work in progress. I do appreciate the feedback from some of you that did try it and I've applied some of the issues spotted below.

Ran the demo for 10 minutes. It plays just as prosperian as it looks. When changing hair style in character creation, the old hair visibly fell off. UI is atrocious - interactable objects only display interaction icons when a character is near them (so you first have to click to move near them, then click again to interact). Items can only be picked up from the ground in item highlight mode (i.e. while pressing alt). Left-clicking on any uninteractive spot makes currently selected characters deselected - very fun in the middle of battle. There also doesn't seem to be any collision detection whatsoever and several characters may occupy the same space.

Hair should be fixed, sorry several of the female models needed a fix or two. I've got the click on the ground deselecting the current character on the list of things to change. I dislike that a lot myself!

The way enemies drop items on the ground when killed is just as Diablo 2 does it. I've thought about adding a fade UI but I was concerned it get in the way.

UI should now scale properly with every monitor. This was a big issues. I hope this was what you meant by UI issues.

New portraits are added too. More to come!

I like the casting animations. General aesthetics are good, too. Very grounded. I'm concerned about the MMO style abilities, but this is just a first look. I will probably look into it more.

One nice comment, and I'm grateful for it. Thank you!

using multiple characters without the need to pause in combat.

This is gonna totally work :smug:

The combat system is paired with some automated and popup when ready abilities so you don't have to click on a character to fire. It's more fit to be an action game in this area then a turn based style rpg.

I went into the demo with the intent of causing shitpost shenanigans about a pause; only to find out that even during the settings screen, the game does not actually pause.
:incline:
Fixed and added.

With all that said, the demo is much smoother now as you all played it in an early stage. Thanks and I hope to see you give it a shot again.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
My favourite part of the demo is turning into a vampire and saying "It's Morbin time!" before laying waste to all my foes with vampiric powers.

Codex Year of the Donut
Hey guys, I just noticed the amount of downloads coming from this site so I figured I'd check it out.
How does this work? Does steam record redirect data and display it for developers?

Is that how so many devs find this site to begin with? I always thought they just searched their game or something.

JFTC-Scott

Cover Club Media
Developer
Hey guys, I just noticed the amount of downloads coming from this site so I figured I'd check it out.
How does this work? Does steam record redirect data and display it for developers?

Is that how so many devs find this site to begin with? I always thought they just searched their game or something.
Google Analytics can be integrated into steam. You can see some referral information and that led me to finding it. Around that time I had a spike in downloads, and that information is not clear so I assumed it was here. But I believe it was a youtuber after I discovered his video later on.

Question: can I post a new post about my game instead of having to use this thread? I would at least like control over my own intro.

Here are a few scenery updates:

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 94
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Dragon.JPG
    Dragon.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 92
  • gaden.JPG
    gaden.JPG
    415.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
bit late but,
Question: can I post a new post about my game instead of having to use this thread? I would at least like control over my own intro.
You can make a new thread and Infinitron could just merge them together with yours as the original post, I'd imagine.
I'm not sure if it matters that much though, this is a fairly laissez-faire website. Hope you keep us updated, looks neat.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Is it just me or this game actually looking better than before? Thanks for reminding me about this game, keep up the good work

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are you still against pausing in combat?
Even in spellforce 1-3, I find the lack of active pause detrimental.
Some games like star wars republic commando, or even mass effect manage to pull it off, but it is a huge issue to overcome usually.
Btw, given the title, will the game feature a stronghold of some sort(I just watched the video about the Home, so I guess it will dépend)?
bit late but,
You can make a new thread and Infinitron could just merge them together with yours as the original post, I'd imagine.
I'm not sure if it matters that much though, this is a fairly laissez-faire website. Hope you keep us updated, looks neat.
That's true, but it is more convenient to have most of the relevant info in the first post updated by the dev.

Last edited:

JFTC-Scott

Cover Club Media
Developer
Are you still against pausing in combat?
Even in spellforce 1-3, I find the lack of active pause detrimental.
Some games like star wars republic commando, or even mass effect manage to pull it off, but it is a huge issue to overcome usually.
Btw, given the title, will the game feature a stronghold of some sort(I just watched the video about the Home, so I guess it will dépend)?
bit late but,
That's true, but it is more convenient to have most of the relevant info in the first post updated by the dev.
Nope not against it. In fact I added it a while back.

As for the stronghold question. Your home is inside the main castle, which is safe from harm, but I hope that you don't see this game as a castle siege kind of game. The game it is more about a quest to reclaim what was lost and is about the story and your adventures with your companions.

The story to keep it simple and not spoil it, the realm is held together by magic and a crown. Man-kind made a mistake with the first crown and evil has returned. So now you are on a quest to forge a new one, with ingredients scattered about; gems, dragons gold, runes etc. It was a great way to incorporate many tasks and have the user explore all the areas I've made.

Is it just me or this game actually looking better than before? Thanks for reminding me about this game, keep up the good work

Thanks. I hope you all enjoy the recent devlogs. They do show off some of my better more polished areas now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom