Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Worst game specific merchandise

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
There's awful action figures, shirts, posters, JEEPS... ITT we will gather and post the worst game merchandise.

Here's your starting image

380769_362299277140750_205076049529741_936119_911768866_n.jpg

EG

Nullified
I don't know . . . It has resulted in mild amusement. Something truly terrible shouldn't do that.

Duckard

Augur
$500 made-to-measure coat based on Liquid Snake's (MGS) character design. It's not a costume, it's an actual fucking coat that people wear when going out. I wouldn't be so upset if it didn't look ugly as sin, and they didn't have their model wear a trench over goddamn t-shirt and jeans:

gvyJ0l.jpg

At least the underwear is good for some lulz. This just makes me sad. Although, I guess you could laugh at their shitty modeling job.

EG

Nullified
500$ nylon coat. Interesting. I don't remember the giant shoulder pads . . .

Repressed Homosexual
How can this ever be topped??? There are no words.

But I think that the 150$ special editions of console games are even more offensive. It's basically all a bunch of plastic that costs next to nothing that serves no purpose and that the user will probably never look at more than once after he's opened the box. It's just a mean to turn videogames into a high margin product and exploit the stupidity of hardcore fans.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That coat looks like something out of Blade Runner.

Also:

8715.skyrim-statue-army.png_2D00_610x0.png

As far as I know these ended up in retailer stores, but still, someone had to pay for them. Oh wait, YOU DID if you ever bought a Bethesda product trolololol.

Angthoron

Arcane
I'd actually buy a Desu Ex trenchie if it was leather with embossed shoulders like the one AJ has, OR at least had the embossed shoulders part while not being leather, since I like trenchies and that one's a good length plus cool detail. Unfortunately the one they're selling is some kind of Generic Shit.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'd actually buy a Desu Ex trenchie if it was leather with embossed shoulders like the one AJ has, OR at least had the embossed shoulders part while not being leather, since I like trenchies and that one's a good length plus cool detail. Unfortunately the one they're selling is some kind of Generic Shit.

You'd actually wear a black leather trenchcoat with embossed floral motif on the shoulders :eek:

I dunno. I'm not a fan of the plugs on the back. OtOH if it was nice & warm and wasn't hellishly expensive once postage and import tax got added on top it could make a pretty good substitute to my aging burton shell jacket for when I go skiing.

Angthoron

Arcane

You'd actually wear a black leather trenchcoat with embossed floral motif on the shoulders :eek:

And when people'd ask me why, I'd answer, "I never asked for this".

But yeah, people wouldn't question my straight manliness even if I wore it in hot pink, anyhow.

I dunno. I'm not a fan of the plugs on the back. OtOH if it was nice & warm and wasn't hellishly expensive once postage and import tax got added on top it could make a pretty good substitute to my aging burton shell jacket for when I go skiing.

Well that's another thing, it should be at least somewhat warm, another thing at which the merch jacket fails.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
They also made a tomb raider themed Land Rover Defender years ago.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
$500 made-to-measure coat based on Liquid Snake's (MGS) character design. It's not a costume, it's an actual fucking coat that people wear when going out. I wouldn't be so upset if it didn't look ugly as sin, and they didn't have their model wear a trench over goddamn t-shirt and jeans:

gvyJ0l.jpg

Wow that's intense. What he wears under the coat is unimportant, because this is a coat for flashers.

Wyrmlord

Arcane

You've got to be kidding.

Not nearly as cool as the Command & Conquer humvee from the 90's.

They also made a tomb raider themed Land Rover Defender years ago.

Yeah, I think we all see what really sucks about this.

A jeep is meant to last, and is kept for a decade or more.

In a decade, people would have forgotten the Call of Duty games and would have moved on to the next most popular trend. Just like Command and Conquer and Tomb Raider, it will be yesterday's news.

So how dorky would it look to celebrate a long forgotten, passing fashion trend in gaming on your vehicle? Pretty bad.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yeah, I think we all see what really sucks about this.

A jeep is meant to last, and is kept for a decade or more.

In a decade, people would have forgotten the Call of Duty games and would have moved on to the next most popular trend. Just like Command and Conquer and Tomb Raider, it will be yesterday's news.

So how dorky would it look to celebrate a long forgotten, passing fashion trend in gaming on your vehicle? Pretty bad.
I find myself agreeing with a wyrmlord post!

panic.gif

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I would own one of those Jurassic Park Jeeps or Explorers and drive it every day, but I agree with Wyrmlord about the game cars being fucking retarded.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Oh gawd why?

humvee_a.jpg

It's terrible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom