Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WR - General Chit-Chatter/Tidbits

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Looking good so far, really like your ingame UI.

The voice acting though...Are you going to use talking heads?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
No actual animated heads (it's a fucking shitload of work doing that in that engine), but a few animated frms+lip animations, plus some lines the PC/Companions says when almost dead, etc. (just like in torment, but more varied, to prevent "UPDATED MY JOURNAL, UPDATED MY JOURNAL, UPDATED MY JOURNAL, I COULDN'T CARRY ANYMORE SO I HAD TO DROP IT :x etc)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Also Mr. Surf Solar, who do you post updates and other fucking cool pics of this project on that...... Other site?

:rpgcodex:

Granted it's kind of more fitting over there but.....ooooh the pretty pretty pictures! ;)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Ye ye, I didn't have internet the last week. Spent the time mostly on writing, not much with new fancy screenshots. ;)

I've got some new "armor" for the player, and some random screenshots though.
3rddraftsmallswyg5.png

screen_15-04-2010_16-1vybz.jpg

The worldmap thingy here will be scrapped, I don't really like it.

screen_15-04-2010_15-1laeq.jpg

Yeah yeah, Boscobel, Wisconsin. :lol:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I don't want to be responsible for mass genocide Jaesun does to his potential sons and daughters and trannies, so I closed development of the mo...

Uh, no, I actually just wanted to know if that Worldmap thing over there looks like "leather" or not. The fallout color palette is a bitch to use, as it transforms good looking pictures with a detailed textures into this thing you see above. Does it deliver a "leather" attire or not?

It's also very surprising to see that no armies of :decline: , :x or :mob: have been seen in this thread, due to the merging of some skills. :D I am currently tweaking some ideas of new skills though, namely archery (maybe connected to outdoorsman) or athletics, though.

Lexx

Cipher
The fallout color palette is a bitch to use, as it transforms good looking pictures with a detailed textures into this thing you see above. Does it deliver a "leather" attire or not?

Why do you use it anyway. The FOnline engine supports whatever amount of colors you want to use.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Because if not, it clashes with other graphics which are in the palette.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I've done some "Avatars" merely out of boredom today, sometimes a man just gotta relax and do stupid stuff. ;) I am not sure if or how I will use them ingame, maybe as "Talking heads" or maybe even give the player the ability to choose an avatar at the start.

man1t8gd.png

man2wmdq.png

man3ak32.png

man48ktg.png

We'll see. :) If codexia wants some unique ones too, they can do that here, template's given.

:thumbsup:

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
So I am making some game (see link in my signature) basing on the FOnline engine and made some graphics for the interface and all that kind of stuff. Asked people for opinions, they said they like, but it looks too much like an RPG with a "western" - clint eastwood styled theme. People kept repeating it over and over, but I don't get it. Is it the use of the wood in this particular screenshots? The fonts? I really have no idea.. As I don't plan to do this in a western-y direction I might change the stuff which looks like that, if people kind enough to point that out for me do it. So, opinions? (note that these are just drafts, no actual finished works. especially fonts on second one will change, as there are just too much)

It doesn't look "westerny" at all. [design whore] Though I don't like that you use like five different fonts on the character screen.[/design whore]

I've done some "Avatars" merely out of boredom today, sometimes a man just gotta relax and do stupid stuff. I am not sure if or how I will use them ingame, maybe as "Talking heads" or maybe even give the player the ability to choose an avatar at the start.

I like the faces, but I'm not sure about this Photoshop filter you used. Perhaps something less blurry would work better.

Apart from that...
I AM CUMMING BUCKETS!

Keep up good work, sir. :salute: :salute: :salute:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
andrzej said:
It doesn't look "westerny" at all. [design whore] Though I don't like that you use like five different fonts on the character screen.[/design whore]

Yeah, these fonts have been changed, there are only 2 different ones (plus one for big numbers to display special stats) as in the original fallout now.

I like the faces, but I'm not sure about this Photoshop filter you used. Perhaps something less blurry would work better.

Yeah, that's the problem, I am using free stock pictures as my drawing abilities are very limited, so I tried to apply the same filter everywhere to make them atleast a bit look like from the same source. Which technique would you use for that? I have the same issue here, where I wanted to make the hands look a bit more fitting ( aside from the edges of the map which need more work :D but this was just a showcase) :

map071t.png

Keep up good work, sir. :salute: :salute: :salute:

Thanks. :)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Spent the last weeks mostly on writing and mapping, so there's not much to show unfortunately. Working towards some small "chapter 0" demo which is independent from the main game, if everything works well (fingers crossed) we may release the demo in 1-2 months..

I've done here some small tidbits of a character you may later meet in the game, plus some first WIP picture of the player model.

lumberjaackman9oyv.png

Some background ambience... http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28353704/church.ogg

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Hm, on my winamp it works, maybe there is some codec/plugin missing?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Surf Solar said:
Actually, I started that whole thing because I made lots of music for it, later learned how to do games etc. ;)
If you're interested, you can listen to that stuff here (one-click to listen to it immediately on soundcloud, aswell as downloadlinks for the albums):

http://falloutwhatremains.blogspot.com/ ... dup-1.html

:thumbsup:

EDIT: The Hellraiser 2/Christopher Young inspired "Finally We Know How To Delay Our Struggle" track gave me the biggest fucking hard on in years.

YOU are my #1 hero good sir. :obviously:

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
This is a really awesome project.

Forgive me if this has been suggested before in this thread, but you really should hook up with Iron Tower Studios. Doing everything by yourself seems to be nigh impossible for a complex game such as an RPG. Vince will give you guidance, they have some guys there that can draw models, animate etc.

mangsy

Educated
Surf Solar said:
Actually, I started that whole thing because I made lots of music for it, later learned how to do games etc. ;)
If you're interested, you can listen to that stuff here (one-click to listen to it immediately on soundcloud, aswell as downloadlinks for the albums):

http://falloutwhatremains.blogspot.com/ ... dup-1.html

Dude, that music is some really good stuff. Great atmosphere for the game. The game itself looks pretty sick too. Keep it up. :clap:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The download for Tunes of a Doomsday Tribe, seems to have a corrupted file (track 3). The rest of the tracks unzipped just fine. Can you fix Surf Solar?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Whoah, thanks guys. :oops:

Jaesun said:
The download for Tunes of a Doomsday Tribe, seems to have a corrupted file (track 3). The rest of the tracks unzipped just fine. Can you fix Surf Solar?

Yes, I'm sorry, in the blog I provided the alternative link to track 3(here: http://www.zshare.net/audio/79713536db3e44e9/ ) because it's a known issue, I will repack and reupload the whole album..

asper said:
Forgive me if this has been suggested before in this thread, but you really should hook up with Iron Tower Studios. Doing everything by yourself seems to be nigh impossible for a complex game such as an RPG. Vince will give you guidance, they have some guys there that can draw models, animate etc.

While that sounds like a nice deal, I am really not sure if I am talented enough to do that, also I don't want to rob their time. :oops: If Vince needs some help when it comes to music and soundeffects I'd be glad to help, but I don't want to waste their time with my little Fallout stuff..

Thanks again, gives me good motivation. :)

Is it going to feature tastefully done rape?

Who knows. :smug:

mangsy

Educated
Definitely hearing a Mogwai/post-rock influence on Ancient Horse. Good stuff. :salute:

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Surf Solar said:
While that sounds like a nice deal, I am really not sure if I am talented enough to do that, also I don't want to rob their time. :oops: If Vince needs some help when it comes to music and soundeffects I'd be glad to help, but I don't want to waste their time with my little Fallout stuff..

WTF are you saying Bro? Man up! Step up, look into the mirror and say it once more in front of yourself honestly. Surely you don't believe what you've just said.

Anyway keep up good work. I am looking forward to it more so after hearing the soundtrack. And release it before Thursday so Vince can be ashamed :D

EDIT:::

also:

man3ak32.png

:thumbsup: :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom