Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wrath of the cringefinder compilation thread

Latro

Arcane
Lmao. Apparently Pathfinder/Paizo is on the chopping block now: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1437545371245424640.html

Not woke enough for the woke crowd, and way too woke for normal people. Whoops!
I felt bad for them at first but the real clincher according to her is that they don’t love gay shit genuinely enough and a long tirade vs some other female colleague

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
The complaints will be it isn't sexually graphic enough. If penetrations & ejaculations aren't mega up close with lots of
main-qimg-830168e629e45f7c9bc646eb982f540d

wallhaven-mdl3zy.jpg

main-qimg-1161efa3d3aa651843bf632c75720778

5c19daa53a5aa6868e636b24337c61e3.png

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

dacencora

Bros. How many more times can they reiterate the story of "unwitting chosen one that becomes the COMMANDER of an army".
- Mass Effect
- SWTOR: The Eternal Throne expansions
- WoW: Shadowlands
- Dragon Age Inquisition

And now Wrath of the Righteous.

Remember how Baldur's Gate II was an epic campaign but you didn't personally become a Commander, or a Baron? Or how you didn't become a Commander or Baron in Mask of the Betrayer. It seems like the only thing that is EPIC now is leading a huge military force.

Codex Year of the Donut
- Mass Effect
...not really?
Shepard is pretty high up the military ladder already. He's an N7 member when you start the game(basically super special forces), and is XO of a prototype warship that outclasses anything else humans have.
Shepard isn't some random person chosen by fate. He becomes Spectre because he's basically the best choice available -- he's working directly under the last human considered for it.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Bros. How many more times can they reiterate the story of "unwitting chosen one that becomes the COMMANDER of an army".
- Mass Effect
- SWTOR: The Eternal Throne expansions
- WoW: Shadowlands
- Dragon Age Inquisition

And now Wrath of the Righteous.

Remember how Baldur's Gate II was an epic campaign but you didn't personally become a Commander, or a Baron? Or how you didn't become a Commander or Baron in Mask of the Betrayer. It seems like the only thing that is EPIC now is leading a huge military force.
Player ego massage, just that, personally I prefer personal stories about things relevant for my character, the world go fuck itself if it depends on me to save it.

dacencora

- Mass Effect
...not really?
Shepard is pretty high up the military ladder already. He's an N7 member when you start the game(basically super special forces), and is XO of a prototype warship that outclasses anything else humans have.
Shepard isn't some random person chosen by fate. He becomes Spectre because he's basically the best choice available -- he's working directly under the last human considered for it.
Yeah, you're not wrong. I was too hard on Mass Effect. I think it's probably pretty likely that all those other games are trying to ape the "EPIC"ness of Mass Effect, but they don't put the same effort into it.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Reviews have fallen to 80%. One more percentage drop and it's down to "mostly positive".
Metacritic reviews are 83 percent. User score is 7.8 . That's weird normally decent game has opposite rankings. Tanks from reviewers. Gets decent score from users. Considering some these user scores are from fanboys of previous game, it doesn't look that great.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Lmao. Apparently Pathfinder/Paizo is on the chopping block now: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1437545371245424640.html

Not woke enough for the woke crowd, and way too woke for normal people. Whoops!
I felt bad for them at first but the real clincher according to her is that they don’t love gay shit genuinely enough and a long tirade vs some other female colleague
Well, they can use vacuum cleaner as part of their artistic work. They even have right to clean theirs workplace. (at least in many countries they are OBLIGED to clean theirs workplace even if that would be after theirs workhours.)
They are not allowed to receive pay for doing job of cleaning lady, but as long as theirs main work is what they were insured for theirs insurance should cover even getting vacuum cleaner into rectum by accident.

Game development is artistic work, and artists should know how a tree alley looks like. Thus pollen allergies excuses are not permitted as a reasonable arguments.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Metacritic reviews are 83 percent. User score is 7.8 . That's weird normally decent game has opposite rankings. Tanks from reviewers. Gets decent score from users. Considering some these user scores are from fanboys of previous game, it doesn't look that great.
Gayjournos play the first hour or so and get bombarded with the LGBBQP+ crap and all the stronk wahmen, and then praise the game. It's why it's so front-loaded.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
In a world where a righteous man cannot walk down the street without being accosted by legions of fudge packers fondling his balls, the path of a genocidal lich-king is the only one that is just.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, I looked into description of subclass called armiger. And there were descriptions of hell knight orders...
And well, I assume these descriptions are simply copied from pathfinder source books...

Can we have less retarded writers?

Retardo

Learned
Its all good and fun, but this thread has seemingly derailed into discussion of water being wet, grass being green, and bad game designers and shitty writers making a game with bad gameplay and shitty writing.

Could you post more cringey WOTR content instead, please?
:whatho:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom