Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Wrath of the cringefinder compilation thread

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by rusty_shackleford, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Slaver1 Savant

Slaver1
    Slogging through Pathfinder 2 gave me a new appreciation of Baldurs Gate's dedicated RtwP combat. The balance and encounter design Owlcat struck is off whether in real-time or turn-based mode. If I had to go back again I'd lower the difficulty (overtuned buffed enemies) and play in real-time mode. Then again, why bother when there's a treasure trove of better things from the not too distant past to revisit. Even Pathfinder Kingmaker was a much better game.

• Yes Yes x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    Yes. I posted two videos in the Wrath thread that showcased how terrible the enemy AI is, but those cunts couldn't even refute it. Instead attacking how Chalice 2 isn't somehow a fucking game. Instead bringing up the buggy 1.0 version of Chalice. Or just fabricating complete lies about Pierre's game. As if that somehow defeats my argument. For the record, this is what the cunts masturbate themselves to:
    Show Spoiler

The Water Elemental doesn't do anything of interest. It just autoattacks, over and over and over. No clever use of combat mechanics to outplay the player. No use of positioning to get the foothold. Nothing. This is a bad action game. I did this fight multiple times with the 'improved' AI setting on and off. It does nothing.

This is what a good encounter looks like in Chalice 2:
    Show Spoiler

Spider Queen reposition herself. Uses spells. Performs combat maneuvers. Supports her allies. The stuff that makes video games engaging.

Even Colony Ship, which is still in Early Access mind you. Has better gameplay:
    Show Spoiler

Enemies take advantage of the aimed system to debilitate you. They reposition. Leagues better than whatever crap Owlcat is doing.

• Brofist x 11
    • Salute x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Cromwell Arcane

Cromwell
    this. Theres so much fucking trash combat in this shit it would make even the most grindy jrpg designer blush.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    Pink Eye you're gonna spam every thread with Colony Ship now?

• incline incline x 7
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Cromwell Arcane

Cromwell
    that would be incline for most threads

• Yes Yes x 6
    • incline incline x 2
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    I'm currently busy spamming my youtube channel about Al-Qadim: The Genie's Curse. Plus. Colony Ship isn't due for a new patch sometime later.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Shrimp Learned

Shrimp
    Who exactly is the target audience for this

• honk honk! x 7
    • Fishy x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • "It was Aliens" x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Lost my patience when autists claimed I was lying when I said I killed the tutorial boss with three attacks of opportunity while playing really sub-optimally when I criticized the tutorial for being overlong and pointless. I also didnt see the point of fights where the NPCs do the dirty work for you but supposedly that is super advanced hardcore DnD.

When I pointed out that the game isnt that complex and you can brute force your way through on many situations, they pivoted to claim that was good and they never claimed otherwise. So, I was lying by saying the game wasnt that challenging on Core at same time I was right saying the game wasnt super challenging on Core. Go figure. Talking with doors is more productive.

Also the problem is that you hate the game because you cant understand cant understand such complex concepts like:
    AC go big, fighta strong.
    DC go big, wizarda go strong.

It isnt like this wasnt already true since Icewind Dale 2 and was a new scientific discovery. DnD ripoff require pro skills now, I thought as I got older I wouldnt see new jokes anymore.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Zeriel Arcane

Zeriel
    Actually arguably fighter weak, all the "top" builds in Pathfinder are basically naked AC cheesing. It's ironically the case that fighter/heavy armor sucks across the board, you are better off going barbarian type classes for DR stacking or skyhigh AC with dex builds.

Frankly I've never been a fan of the way D&D evolved in/after 3e myself, 2e is the last time it "makes sense" to what those concepts are supposed to represent.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Humanophage Arcane

Humanophage
    Exactly, and there's good proof for that: https://www.pnas.org/content/115/37/9216

Inserting forced wokeness will turn people away from it, not reduce polarisation. Feeding the public woke agendas in mass media only worked well when it was done slowly, one step at a time, and through hegemonic media like the TV. Lots of normie folks are gaslit and keep saying, "oh you're just seeing woke agendas everywhere", so it is quite useful when they really have their nose rubbed into it. Preferably in some personal area which they thought was harmless and inexplicably exempt from political agendas, like dating or games or going to the pub.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    For a moment thought it was music from the game, would be cool if it was, kinda catchy for killing spiders.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    I wish it was. Sometimes I like listening to my own music when playing Chalice 2.

^ Top  
  13. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Sawyer was right of breaking armor from an AC style to hit protection and introducing DR to armors. Epic games always end with +10 dexterity sources everywhere so armor lose the AC war fast, dex builds can have high AC AND high Damage, now if you have to deal with DR from armor, now that is another layer to it.

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    What other improvements aside from grafix? Is world building a set of encounters or more interesting?

^ Top  
  15. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    He's still adding quests and stuff. Plus Pierre is working on reactivity with skill checks depending on party comp/classes/races. So content is being fleshed out. Besides that. Augury of Chaos is mostly combat.

• Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Zeriel Arcane

Zeriel
    You can have DR from armor in D&D/Pathfinder. They do even have that--3DR natively from heavy armor with adamantium. There just needs to be more sources of it/higher amounts on heavy armor and maybe locked to classes tied thematically to that archetype. Certainly wouldn't be a balance problem in a game like NWN where you can just put in new heavy armors with lots of DR if you want. Ultimately it's just a mistake of the designer/DM.

Hilarious if you think about it. Barbarians get more DR from their skin than high level fighters get from adamantium armor. Of course Lich gets a bunch of it too and you could do a Lich fighter... but you'd still have less DR than a barbarian with the same Lich path.

• Math! Math! x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. dacencora Prophet

dacencora
    Despite Augury of Chaos being a big combat module, it actually has great role playing. If you play as a Psionicist you have tons of options to make fights (slightly) easier, or trick people, or what have you. Pierre did a great job. The only negative thing about KOTC2 is the extremely brutal difficulty with very limited rests. I’m not nearly as knowledgeable as others on this site when it comes to 3.x builds, so it was an extremely difficult module. Chalice 1 was not nearly as brutal. I hope the next modules are less “munchkin”-based.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Ol' Willy Arcane Zionist Agent

Ol' Willy
    This is kinda true since game was written in English and doesn't even have Russian voice acting.

As of "they had to do it", Moscow is full of liberals, probably most of them in the entire country. They will pick any Western trend and will follow it in the cargo cult style. Ask them why they do it and the answer would be some incomprehensible mumbling about "diversity", "progressive values" or "they do it and so we should!"

I don't know why are you people so surprised. First game was already suspicious but it was successful so they went all in with this one

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  19. whydoibother Arcane

whydoibother
    Get woke, go br- ooops, I mean get redpilled, lose the ability to enjoy your favorite genre.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. dacencora Prophet

dacencora
    • incline x 7
    • Funny x 5
    • Balanced x 3
    • Despair x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • Begone thot! x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. whydoibother Arcane

whydoibother
    Firstly, does Paizo even have anything to do with the video game, other than renting the brand name?
    Secondly, do you legit for real consider yourself "normal people"? The minority getting mad there aren't enough blax latinx barbarians, and the minority getting mad about brown characters, are both not at all what the average person buying this on Steam is.

• Shit x 5
    • cuck x 3
    • retadred x 2
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. RNGsus Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    The average person on Steam is undoubtedly playing poz of the fabulous for the autistic furry romance. I remember being 14 as well.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. dacencora Prophet

dacencora
    Do you mean how Paizo created the module "Wrath of the Righteous", lol.

"Minority getting mad about brown characters". Lol, go back to Reddit.

• Shit Shit x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    So it's not even chess which had been settled about 200 years ago. This not-a-game is even not-a-done-not-a-game.

I will check it when it is finished, because I trust your opinion and appreciate it. However, if it is in this stage... come on.

• Brofist x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Serus Arcane Patron

Serus
    It only reinforces the notion that Russia is not impregnable to globhomo, is only late by a few more years than western and southern Slavs. Other things are the same everywhere, big cities against the the rest.

Thanks for the thread. I wasn't following Wrath (despite liking TB combat in Kingmaker) so i wasn't sure how bad it would be. Looking at those screenshots i laughed hard but there is only so much dialogues you can skip when playing. And it's not only the woke stuff but overall bad quality - and the excessive amounts if judged by Kingmaker standards.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • decline decline x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.