Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress X-Piratez! Ironman! No spoilers! Oldschool X-COM Total Conversion with mutant amazon pirates. Death to the star gods!

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
so this is basically a GECK?

Pretty much. The people we rescued on that mission were in vault suits too, more or less.
That second base looks really hard to defend.

Yeah, hoping I never have to. If we do, everyone is going to book it for a corner and hole up while we let them fuck up our base. Honestly, if it can just stay up for say, 2 more months? It'll have more than recovered the investment. Anything past that is gravy. Also, I could fairly easily convert it to be easily defended by taking out the hangar.

I'm playing one campaign since 2021. I'm near endgame and haven't seen any red deep ones. Are they new?

I would assume so, they're pretty common on missions in south america on land, and those exterminator missions include them often.

On with the update!

Wasn't expecting much of a concrete result from this, but it actually unlocked the option to research our codex again. So nothing for now, but potentially good stuff in the future!
ezA1HyY.png

This took quite a bit of effort, but it's worth it for the space towels alone, which provide environmental defence against both heat and cold at the same time, and can simply be purchased instead of needing a bunch of manufacturing. They also give+3 morale a turn or something like that, which is quite nice.
KXbF8hE.png

Ooh, and chem coats! Might be time to pay the organ traffickers a visit... The laslock guns are weird; laser weapons with tiny clips and bonus damage that scales with rank. Never seemed that worthwhile to me, but interesting for sure. There's a bunch of other junk as well, including just generally better access to higher tier guns in the midpoint between alien tech and human; stuff like pulse ammo guns, smart bullets, etc. Once we research them.
aC3YGWY.png

Haven't seen that in a while! Means it's probably...
PUeqlIB.png

Yep, that's a megapol ship. A troop carrier if I'm not mistaken. We can probably win but...
ih4erep.png

Oof, that's dicey. We could have ran away too, but I'm always eager to add new factions to our prisoner pool.
e6igmv8.png

The cruisers are just small ships, but carry a lot of crew. I've fought a few before and the standard megapol officers aren't that tough, mostly carrying shotguns and high quality pistols.
wxDW1qr.png

Oh fuck, except these guys. These guys carry big guns, including crazy plasma weapons. Forgot about them.
tqvo7Ox.png

Jesus christ that was just one shot. Seemed like some kind of shotgun? You can tell it hit twice from the armour losses. We run her back inside and have 3 people start using the surgery kit on her.
gPkZQNv.png

Yeah, I've got no idea what that gun is, but even if we stole it, we probably couldn't fire it. And these fuckers are insanely tanky. They're also quite slow and have terrible vision, so on an open field they can be picked off with snipers and weapons normally reserved for taking out tanks. Might be vulnerable to gas too actually, and probably melee. But in the clusterfuck of ruins we landed in, trying to kill or capture here is a suicide mission. We bail before we even finish treating all the wounds.
YQs9Cif.png

Man, Ogres are such an awesome race. Probably my second favourite after the catgirls. They've got serious drawbacks too, but those drawbacks are easier to remedy than a crippling lack of hp and armour. Hell, one of the biggest drawbacks they have is that we can only recruit 1 each month.
kv9csPt.png

Hmm, I vaguely recall seeing this before. I suspect it'll be much more useful with the green codex in hand.
f1GukJU.png

Apparently it's an actual object. Guess we need to research it then!
RRGgtbm.png

Speaking of research, this is finally done. We've come a long way from mounting a light machinegun on a truck. 20 times the damage, longer range, 5 times the accuracy and still has a 200 round capacity. This thing is a beast of a light weapon mount. We could theoretically fit 2 on a pirahna. Ammo production is still a problem though.
qol3JIv.png

Hmm, our research of the codex has revealed some lore on the lokknaar gods. They seem heavily linked to the shadow tech stuff, along with the gnomes. Saving the loknaars would get us some scriptures to learn this stuff quite a bit faster, and we can probably handle some sky pirates now. Something to consider.
viyk0mS.png

In other news, we're stepping up our monster related research.
Ni9PtKF.png

Pitfiing lets us convert live animal/monster captures into monster corpses and glamour at various rates. The first number is how many animals are needed, the second how much glamour is received. So we could turn our 16 werewolves into 160 glamour, for example. We're not going to be doing that, however.
LWJx4aF.png

Not a bad little gun. That skorpion ammo lights things on fire while dealing piercing damage, can be pretty good vs the right kind of target. Definitely one of the better SMGs we've found.
GlDopWY.png

For the price of 700 tokens, we've gotten access to two things: The ability to buy slave taskmasters, which would give us some extra storage and income, and...
1qmxn3o.png

A new contact. This takes a bit of research as well, but only a fraction of what the smugglers required.
eLlPOGy.png

Shit. I really would have liked to run this mission, but we've only got 2 gals standing right now, and the boys will NOT do well in a cave. Better luck next time.
vXCh9fQ.png

Not going to show them all, but we've researched a ton more weapons too. Mostly just to clear chaff from interrogations and books and such, but occassionally they bring their own benefits, like unlocking cannon ammo manufacturing, or a step towards making our own vessel mounted gatling guns.
W6E4gTD.png

Hmm, interesting. Assuming it grants us the shrooms needing for making medical supplies, we've got basically an unlimited supply now. That'll probably be helpful at some point.
NW8aAbB.png

This was supposed to be a milk run! This crazy ass guild engineer had a flamer, and dumped his whole ammo supply on our gal at point blank. Or at least as much as he could before he finished killing himself.
RopFpgH.png

Damn. Good thing chainmail resists burning pretty well.
N4pw1Bh.png

We got another mad scribbling, and another mediocre reward from it. I vaguely recall this is a ship accessory. I think it blocks one hit per combat? So it'd be good on a really lightweight shadowtech ship... which I've never seen before. Whatever, might give some good research.
AiOBqh5.png

Not sure how close this gets us to making our own 50mm or gauss ammo, but it must be a step in the right direction. Queue it up!
YomApyN.png

These guys are basically just strictly superior guard dogs AFAICT. I forgot to do it, but buying several for base defense and hunting stragglers in certain missions is on the todo list.
M54xzrP.png

I'm not sure, but I suspect it would be possible, albeit pretty grindy, to get this before a lot of other options for contacts. I like that the game has so many parallel paths to achieving particular goals.
BSjSfa6.png

Dart pistols would be excellent for capturing people, darts are a lot better than harpoon stun bolts or rubber slugs. Also, we unlocked zero-g missions? But how would we get there...
Lca0sFM.png

Oh, amd we can buy missiles now. Good stuff! Our current ships can't use them, but it's nice to have options.
WmkctIn.png

Speaking of options, our contact has two new ships for sale. The first is this beast, which can take us to space, if we so desire. Quite the gas guzzler though.
gQg3xju.png

This thing is even worse on that front though, using a ton of helerium to fuel it's insane speed. It's arguable a worse gunship than the pirahana despite it's higher toughness and speed, but I've used one of these before to scout ships of reasonable high speeds (~2000 or so) to see if they were zippy pirate vessels or stargod ships taking a pleasant stroll. Better to risk this thing (and not much of a risk, this can escape nearly anything) than a gunship loaded with rare tech.
Ii4DNmD.png

Hey, remember way back when we fought the gunrunners and shot their armored car with this thing? And it didn't die? That was bullshit. 125 piercing damage and it ignores 40% armour. Holy shit this thing is deadly. Strips a big chunk of armour on hit too.
mhrjL7M.png

Make me an Ogre and have me carry one of those terrain smashing tools if it pleases you. And maybe a weapon that gives strength condemnations too

Thy wish is granted.
Nzkaxfw.png

You might have been thinking of a hammer or pickaxe when you described terrain smashing tools, but this thing, at least in the hands of an ogre, is better than both. It hits harder (About 200 damage reduced to ~80 vs terrain compared to a pickaxe's 70 applied fully to terrain) and has a bit of reach so it can take out cover on second stories and more safely bust through walls without standing directly in the line of fire. As a bonus, since it's accuracy scales with strength, even this newbie can land shots with it reliably, turning most things into a fine red mist.
i376ZGM.png

And these are just his starting stats, in crappy armour. Just wait till we get a masterblaster outfit on him, or load him up with titles and training.
SXjoCed.png

std::namespace

You can't always get what you want, but if you try real hard, sometimes you get shit that is fucking rad.
But then you have to do Another of those missions to collect tokens...

Like the tribal hunters, we're tasked with rescuing this exterminator, and we get to control his actions and starting loadout. So just how good is that big clunky suit of his?
If he dies or you kill him, do you get Power Armor Parts?... missed opportunity ^^

the damage wasn't that impressive for a fire weapon
Since when do fire weaps do much HP damage? Its usually 5 with full armor bypass with very rare exceptions.

We're going to need to either open up the potential assault angles a lot or
You'll be probably forced to anyway to build eveything you want, so...

laser weapons with tiny clips and bonus damage that scales with rank. Never seemed that worthwhile to me, but interesting for sure
One Laslock pistol for your base Pirate Queen! Saber and Pistol, as God intended!

Rank scales with amount of soldiers you have, buy a horde of peasants to increase rank (and upkeep...)
I dont think you have anything with more armor pen right now, short of RPGs?
43+25=68, rank 5, well 70 las dmg from a 1h pistol is still bretty good
43+36=79, rank 6?
43+49=92 avr laser damage, with max 184 roll and 0.666 armor bypass - now this will actually kill tanks noooo rank goes up to 5? maybe 6...

making medical supplies, we've got basically an unlimited supply now
Check how much money it generates, selling it all from fungus harvest, the manufactured med supplies i mean?
How much does cigar making generate? X-Grog is 14k per runt per month, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Damned Registrations

Since when do fire weaps do much HP damage? Its usually 5 with full armor bypass with very rare exceptions.

*Ahem*
nRpNiZJ.png

All the other ranged flame weapons seemed to deal 20 damage. Unless there's some crazy mechanics going on I'm not aware of. It's the flame status effect that does a flat 5 each turn. Maybe I'll try them our a bit in the next mission. Didn't check the napalm stuff, I suspect it's also stronger. Oh, and the grenade launcher. And firebombs definitely do way more than 5; the firetrap room was annihilating invaders in the run I had one.

I dont think you have anything with more armor pen right now, short of RPGs?
The pike would actually beat that on a gal with 100 strength and throwing, it ignores 65% of armour. Though you'd need to get close, obviously. More relevantly, we do have a heavy laser, which hits nearly as hard and has more than 14 range and 3 ammo. Also our new ogre friend's club hits for 200 on average.

Unless there's some crazy mechanics going on I'm not aware of. It's the flame status effect that does a flat 5 each turn
I dont think so but I'm not 100% on this.
That 70 damage is not HP. Its something like radius of the splash. The damage is 5 to 10 - which is nasty enough though.
So when you got hit by a flamethrower multiple times it was for 7.5 each time or something like that.

Melee of course doesnt counts =P, cant walk out of door, shoot a tank in the back thrice, and hide again
Check pls how much dmg your highest ranked gal has, which rank is she, 5 or 6.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
These reinforcements don't really feel fair (first bandit hideout mission). Spawn 10 tiles away from my airbus, with full ap and a rocket launcher. How am I supposed to handle that? Especially when they spawn 3 guys almost every turn? Not 3 guys with rocket launcher, but it's just a matter of time and it's not like reaction fire can save you from that.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I send a gal with 73 voodoo power and y voodoo skill on a mission with the wand of firebolts. I am very not impressed. Maybe it's because she is a humie and not an uber, but she didn't manage to kill anything (although the status card is showing one kill so maybe she got credit for something), and at end of mission report it didn't even show any stat gains despite firing multiple times (and hitting) and even taking some stray shots.

How am I supposed to handle that
Landmines
Would take a lot of landmines since there were at least 10 tiles they could spawn from, including an elevated platform. In practice I grabbed the boss, killed some shit on the way out and ran (after reloading to the first turn reinforcements spawned, cause I didn't realize that shit would be infinite and every other turn). Lots of wounded.

These courtesans are also really bad since they take up prison space. So much wasted research. I guess once I get some secondary bases properly up and running it might be good. A single prison could generate up to 285k per month that way. That's pretty good space efficiency I think, but I wonder if it compares well to workshops.

Damned Registrations

Workshops are very high efficiency for cash production per space, but you can only make so many per base. Extractors are capped to 3, workshops to 1. After that you're looking at vaults, which only give 5 space per tile.

Gumsmith

Educated
Finally here to crush everything in our way! Though I should correct you and say that the name is Gumsmith, very important distinction.

Damned Registrations

One of my favourite weapons. Still not for sale, sadly. But it's both useful and interesting. Lightweight, wearable on most belts, but requires two hands. Has a melee attack that deals slashing, 5 range stabbing attack that can reaction fire and drain TU; perfect for overwatching in tight spaces.
8md1fXN.png

We go on another underwter mission. It's pretty uneventful though, the only enemies being some weak fish:
QbjqXnn.png

We lack an aquarium, so we can even research the fish we captured alive. Aside from that, we found another armor piece, and nothing else of interest. NOTHING ELSE OF INTEREST AT ALL.
caU6280.png

Our monthly rating continues to rise. Our protection racket is nearly at a million dollaros now, quite nice.
GJz2Eh9.png

Ah! This time we get an actual mission. It's got a 500 rep penalty if we ignore it, which isn't much but...
le7q9g7.png

Fuck it lets go to space!
urUyqkO.png

Some annoying roving warbands show up while we wait. Seems like I need to make another hangar over here to shoot down such things. If they reach the base it's an invasion, and they cause a lot of infamy loss besides.
oVBNDnT.png

Some more lore about our codex. Apparently we're the Acceptance/Disgust diad. Seems very appropriate for this forum.
qoteylr.png

I think researching security armour unlocked these? Seems promising!
y2cjr5n.png

The ability to sort for all these weird categories really is a godsend in a game with this many items. Trying to figure out which stuff works in space on my own would be a nightmare.
apz0v3Z.png

Sadly, the gals won't fit into the UAC space suits, so they're stuck in the escape pods. On the bright side, the pods aren't actually useless- they've got decent armour, a very weak flamethrower with unlimited ammo, and an incredibly powerful healing kit I wish we could use on land. No hands to go club things with though.
jTtQsGp.png

Space is uh... dark. It's actually pretty hard to parse at first. I recommed using the button 2nd from the right in the top row; it'll display multiple layers of terrain at once, making it easier to find structures in the void.
l7a0y4O.png

Well, we found a structure. And an enemy. Not the enemy I was hoping to see.
ZVLNMWL.png

I vaguely recall fighting one of these before and getting a peasant vapourized before fleeing in terror. However, we've got two things going for us. First, I have since realized that space enemies can't necessarily navigate in zero-G the way we can with our suits. These fuckers seem like they're probably stuck walking around. Second- we've got zone stalkers in our space suits! Surely they can tank a laser or two from a measely T-801.
Oupb5KM.png

There's a bunch other bits around here, but they all seem empty. Seems like a ruined space station?
lcXb4l5.png

Boom! Optimist II lands a shot that kills the bastard in one go. Heavy lasers for the win.
qAlFkPa.png

He, uh, doesn't have enough TUs to get back into cover though. Good luck buddy!
e5SY8jI.png

The space suits are actually pretty decent if used as space suits (they make terrible underwater suits; they can't swim and have worse stats) having respectable armour and even a bonus to TUs. And 25 NV!
DnWrnEV.png

OH FUCK!
NfLVTpw.png

It's fine! It's fine, it's just a flesh wound. Err, 3 flesh wounds. Not sure if that was an especially low damage roll or not, but given that a peasant only has like 35 hp, I wouldn't be surprised if it was fairly average.
Tzwbcud.png

One of the rare instances where the map function actually clarifies the layout. We're pretty far away so getting into melee is really not an option, barring perhaps some shenanigans where we hop from wreck to wreck.
ZGHw92C.png

Eventually I realize the wrecks can be used as convenient cover, popping up and down to take potshots, our 3 suited boys take down the other robots.
EoMn3Ak.png

Hmm, that's not a lot of score. Bit disappointing.
79qEE3w.png

Not a lot of xp either, but it was Gumsmith's first chunk of stats. He's the one that patched up Optimist.
fjz3k5Y.png

Well, that's not a lot of loot but it is INTERESTING loot. I look forward to researching those bottom two items.
2n5Yy6I.png

Losing the laser clips is a pain, we only have one heavy left now I believe.
U1hKLBX.png

Some random interrogation gave me a lore dump on raiders, which in turn unlocked these. Bee Hives are actually awesome; I highly recommend trying to unlock them early on.
8qCqJOf.png

We get a raid but it's just wimpy nurses and a couple drones. We laugh at your harmless weapons!
Bl8SPOn.png

Err... apparently chainmail doesn't resist cattleprods very well. Though I am surprised they managed to land the attack.
BiAwjPS.png

Speaking of landing attacks, drones seem able to ignore melee deflection for some reason, which is frustrating. Took a bit of damage here that cancelled out the meat I fed to one our our wounded gals, another odd perk of being raided- the chance to speed healing.
VqQZJNl.png

Well shit; apparently you can capture drones without destroying them? A stunrod did the trick. I only used it because it was handy and throwing stars weren't likely to work. Very good to know!
na56yj6.png

I was just researching this in the hopes of unlocking some craft weaponry but... god damn that's actually a sweet gun. We can even create the ammo for it. Crafting this requires a grav unit we could use for a flight suit, but I'd say it's worth it. Too bad we don't have the normal autogun that is also required, nor can we buy one right now.
xvJw3bX.png

Gumsmith finally gets to bust out the great club! Quite handy having someone that can do this so reliably. Also, holy fuck that damage!
ysFTUzv.png

I finally caught one of these turn change messages. This is one of the sketchier environmental effects, ruining morale over time. Though it can also lead to easy victories if the enemies are vulnerable, which they often are.
nJUuxSW.png

I'd like to break something other than walls with Gumsmith, but I also don't want him dying to a revolver or something. Busting through the wall here like kool-aid man and wrecking one of the last remaining enemies seems like a safe plan.
exxATdl.png

Sadly, he doesn't get the kill as the enemies do retarded shit then surrender. Nice loot for an easy crackhouse mission though.
rRkiU03.png

Result from a priest interrogation. Havent met one of these yet. I think they sometimes show up on the comm tower missions. Weaker than beastmasters but above warmaidens. We also finished dart pistol tech at some point and I made an important realization: They have the 'ignore enemy self destruct' feature. That seems likely to be what is required to prevent enemies from exploding their own armour. Worth a shot, anyways.
JDWYQYP.png

One step further along the long road to having wicked power armour.
1Ajbgqv.png

Damn, I want all of these.
wdAouB9.png

Huh, didn't realize these guys had spotter and sniper. They never react fired, they must have non-existant reactions.
LHYBVe6.png

Oh hell yes, that looks like all kinds of fun!
oGVNkY6.png

Finished this tech up too. They take forever to build but these are so awesome. Shame there is a limit of one per base, and that they require a plantation be kept around. The bees aren't invincible, but they're surprisingly durable, numerous, and effective against many invaders. Especially good for covering all the little tunels and sewers enemies might be sneaking around in without you even realizing. You can get these extremely early too, like within the first few months.
Fqg3Ipr.png

Huh. I thought we already were disassembling robots. Not the result I expected from researching the intact academy drone we captured. Sounds useful though, especially if we capture more!
Kn6SqUU.png

This fucker was flying around at 5000 knots. Anything with a radar bubble like that will jack up your ships if it finds them. Not a problem early game, but be careful you don't lose your transport and all the gear on it once this stuff starts showing up! Return trips are safe at least.
3rmiVp5.png

We've avoided it long enough- it's time to start using decrypted data disks. These can give all sorts of random tech breakthroughs, but are pretty hard to acquire in large numbers. We've got a small stockpile already and can create several more by applying our runts to the task of sifting through all the pesonal databases we've found.
fVXgbFX.png

Yet another small landed ship with an interesting result.
5vppPWl.png

The raiders are like bandits, except they're ubers. We can't casually pick off a girl like this with a bow from the shadows. She's got the health and nightvision to match a fresh young uber.
qc3GPu5.png

Fortunately, our elite gals in their armour laugh in the face of their puny shotguns. Hah! Hit me harder!
mgyfjYW.png

Well fuck, maybe not that hard. They have grenades too.
gvld7pu.png

A grenade launcher in fact. Annoying.
AlkHtgR.png

We brought a bloodhound along too, hoping to find some targets through walls and make Gumsith's efforts more efficient.
FZmiQi4.png

Hmm, that's still not a threat to our frontal armour, but he could rack up some hits on a gal from the sides or behind. And he'd chew our boy right up, even in that doom armour.
VMPwCRp.png

Luckily for us, he instead opts for the 'punch someone in metal armour' plan. Alright, you do you dude.
xadSVQi.png

The boss rewards such initiative with 'assistance'.
QrIfs74.png

Fuck that one actually hurt. Under armour is a bit lacking.
3jxgvxG.png

Another enemy type here; enemy gals with the basic hover gear. Not armored like the hover suit we recovered from the smugglers though. They do have crazy good reactions and daze resists though, due to being on lots of drugs. Makes capturing them to steal the hover units kinda hard.
viv7x2v.png

Gumsmith fails to bust his way inside the enemy ship. Not sure if we picked a bad spot or the walls are just that tough. Sometimes you can end up damaging stuff on the other side of the wall instead of the wall itself iirc. And this might be a solid chunk of hull instead of an open space.
vPzhhVv.png

That's a lot more enemies than the last sniff revealed.
CRorWmo.png

Four on one, Slut likes those odds!
n8nb4jP.png

Oof, one of the cunts had this thing though. Inaccurate as fuck, it's pretty shit unless you're willing to suicide charge an enemy to land a hit, or can sit around defending a doorway. But it hits like a truck.
D4luxyr.png

Gunsmith also hits like a truck, earning his first kill here, at the cost of a face full of buckshot. Worth it.
GkzuFE0.png

Lost the doggo though. Uber dogs might be tougher, but so are raider guns. At leat we got a lot of them alive.
o7YLwIl.png

And a bravery boost! Lots of injuries again here though. Would really like to stop that trend, but it still feels worthwhile when the rewards are brand new types of loot and prisoners.
5eJxeqd.png

Not much in the way of loot here, though we do get a free seagull launcher.
tGr3H8Q.png

And we're running out of healing gel. Fuck. I know I've been using it liberally but I thought it'd last until we got more advanced medkits or a way to get more gel. Seems like we need to target more academy medics for their medkits.
3WkxHCu.png

Sadly, there is no title for massively overkilling someone with a giant club. We did get gal of steel raised to some ridiculous levels though. That's a lot of free armour.
CwweUr2.png

Research plows onwards. There's just so much to do. We've got like 6 pages this long of stuff we can pick from right now.
vhqWsgy.png

We're reading the gun almanacs too. They only take 1 brainer a day or two to research and reveal some nice guns, like this little beauty. Can't buy it yet unfortunately. Maybe we'll get one from the slot machines when I spend the tokens from that crackhouse mission.
VUJsJVT.png

Interesting info, but nothing of practical use. But maybe just having this researched will give us new mission or event opportunities. Or maybe we need to research shadowtech haters, which is also on the table right now.
MrYYZnE.png

Our first fungus harvest!
bdHS9lJ.png

Well, that's fairly disappointing. I hope these shrooms are more valuable than they seem, because that was not worth the cost so far.
T58RKgS.png

Oh?
W7u7Rt0.png

Oh ho!
ubFe0jV.png

:dance:
rrHAIBF.png

Got harder, sniper/spotter on tier 0 shit.
oh the ratman missions were completely overhauled... I went in thinking it's easy Infamy and everyone was slaughtered :negative:
Did you go in day or night? Night sucks because they have vision advantages but if you go in on day and have something like varmint rifles, shotguns, and bows you'll annihilate them pretty easily so long as your starting map layout isn't absolute shit with no cover.

Modron

Arcane
Meant to ask earlier but seeing the ogre with an item there reminded me; what goes in the jew equipment slot?

Damned Registrations

Meant to ask earlier but seeing the ogre with an item there reminded me; what goes in the jew equipment slot?
Jewelry. I haven't made any yet as our options thus far are pretty weak, stuff like +1 energy recovery per turn, or +2 morale per turn but -2 health, stuff like that.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
The ghastly shrooms sell for 30k each iirc, which is pretty good. But this also makes me assume they have some good use later on, so I'm stockpiling mine.

Also fucking hell, I set up another base, and it had barely been up for 40 days before getting attacked. The layout was in progress so became supremely bad, namely
FARM FARM
FARM FARM
TRAP
LIFT BURW
(The burrow has since been moved to be on top of the farm)
Most of my dogs spawned on the wrong side of the trap (and that shit does not discriminate), so I only had 3 dogs and 4 peasants for the defense, and the burrow is not a defensible structure. Thankfully it was just an academy raiding party, but the drone (singular thankfully) still killed one dog and 2 peasants before eating a grenade launcher round to the face. And the other 2 dogs went down to reaction fire.
This means I can actually use my lifetime total 15 sectoweed to make more, so I can finally get an onsen in the main base. Things are looking up.

The jellyfish dish looks so fucking bad, but also so cool. I don't think I can resist, but I also know I'll regret it.

I've started skipping the lore researches in the lp to not spoiler myself, but still following otherwise. DR is a lot better at the game than I am, that's for sure.

I think the jewelry is pretty good. -2 TU is not a lot, but taking 1 less morale damage every turn is nice for preventing panic. I guess in theory you might stack enough of them to completely negate the morale penalty for long combat? The tu penalty might become pretty severe though, and so will freshness.
Got harder, sniper/spotter on tier 0 shit.
oh the ratman missions were completely overhauled... I went in thinking it's easy Infamy and everyone was slaughtered :negative:
Did you go in day or night? Night sucks because they have vision advantages but if you go in on day and have something like varmint rifles, shotguns, and bows you'll annihilate them pretty easily so long as your starting map layout isn't absolute shit with no cover.
The ratman favelas tend to have really shitty lines of sight, and a few blood hounds. Not a good combination. Especially since ratmen have really good reactions.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
The jellyfish
If you're talking about the ship; you need to open a window shutter to fire the weapon. Man, I wish more ships had window shutters. Maybe it's a lategame thing.
:o I had no idea window shutters were a thing. I guess its double right click to open? Are all the windows on the ship like that?

I more refer to the fact that the only way to disembark the ship is via grav lifts, and the whole area beneath she ship is a medium lit space, so it's reaction fire hell. Combined with only 6 real crewmembers, and it doesn't seem like an upgrade to the airbus (which also has shit lines of sight and open windows, but at least it is dark)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom