Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress X-Piratez! Ironman! No spoilers! Oldschool X-COM Total Conversion with mutant amazon pirates. Death to the star gods!

RIP. I'll leave it up to you whether to continue but if you newgame I'll vote for red codex and a normal gals are superior route. Least I died as royalty.

Shame the mission didn't go well. Finding a few lone star gods with some mediocre lackeys is a great opportunity. I think every time I've met them its been some awful terror mission with 40 enemies and sectopods. I blame the mortar not being loaded with HE.

I know you said not to backseat, but I want to say again that I think trying to go for hard stuff in general is a bad idea. Advanced tech options won't save you, they are expensive to research and will have 50 other prereqs before you can get something useful out of it. Not using the tech tree viewer means you'll have to basically clean out the tech tree to start using them. And you're already suffering from not having mid-game tech due to random prereqs missing, so focusing on those is key.

Of course, the overall economic situation is dire and there's really no good way to defend bases from base assaults in the first 2-3 months, and then missiles are pretty bullshit if you're behind the curve on tech. I'm not sure anything could recover the run. If you had like 5 decent, defended bases with trained soldiers churning out cash I'd say you could power through research and keep going but without those the situation doesn't seem reasonably possible.

Gumsmith

Educated
Star Gods aren't so godly after all :smug:, not a bad way for an ogre to go

The Shadowbat is not for us Green Codexers

It was a good effort but the skilled pirates situation does seem pretty dire. If we restart pick Red Codex

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The funniest thing about this "blaze of glory": (fairly major spoiler) It's not even a real star god :D

Shadowbat
Wrong codex choice for this one.
Base location will be decided strategical by me this time, according to choice of codex and path (Catgirls/Gals/Peasants... we're not doing the male one again, that was suffering.
Do you know the bonuses for all the countries/regions?
I vote for red codex / peasant revolution (the red revolution comrade!), since you've played codexless before. Red codex seems to get the most stuff in general I think. Green codex does seem to get the coolest things though, sad we haven't really seen any of it.

I do think it is a bit sad that the run dies with a whimper (a base assault or missile strike that kills everything would be more appropriate), but this is how x-com works. The run is almost assuredly in a death spiral.
I know you said not to backseat, but I want to say again that I think trying to go for hard stuff in general is a bad idea. Advanced tech options won't save you, they are expensive to research and will have 50 other prereqs before you can get something useful out of it. Not using the tech tree viewer means you'll have to basically clean out the tech tree to start using them. And you're already suffering from not having mid-game tech due to random prereqs missing, so focusing on those is key.
At the same time, the advanced lasers he took from the rimriders seem to have done really well. Some advanced tech can be instantly useful, some won't be.
And yeah, the handicap of not checking tech tree viewer is a big one.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
As expected, it ended poorly. I say you do a golden Codex for the restart, plus Peasant revolution as a route, if only to check if it's harder.

Gandalf

Arbiter
Do as you please. Continue or start over. I'd prefere gold, but red would be fine too.

turkishronin

Arcane
I think you can still survive but you really only have time until the end of the month to get reasonable defense for at least your main base.
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

But if it didn't work I vote for Gold Codex and Peasant revolution

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
A lot of people voting gold. Someone explain it to me (in spoilers)? It seems like the most boring/unfinished codex to me.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
If restart, casting a vote for catgirls path and gold codex.

Why vote for gold? Because it’s the only one of the 4 along with drilless i ain’t seen yet.

Last edited:

std::namespace

might seem like a purposeful suicide run
yeah
we're about a year behind where we should be in tech
as if tech is gonna help, what do you think its gonna give you? you have 52 laser dmg rifles and launchers... u aint getting that much nastier
I don't want any tips to save the run
stop larping

i dont get it, whats the point of replaying the same shit over and over again?
i cant even imagine doing all the coin collecting again, holy molly...

also how is this run dead? wat? u have 6 gals, give em chain, scoped magnum and mace and stop larping some fair-play retardation, chuck a magna lite and tnt/wp right after at anything you see and dont see
problem fucking solved
fire some researchers

the only way to lose this is by getting a nasty crackdown on the main base and not being able to pen tanks
well, a couple of nasty pogroms might do it too...
but there is no way that its faster irl to restart

id vote for no codex and peasant revolution for extra lol

Luka-boy

Arcane
I think you can continue this one and have a decent chance, but if you've lost hope already then don't force yourself. Anyway, my vote if you decide to restart:

No codex. Gals only. Final destination.

Gumsmith

Educated
Dio's going to release an update Soon™ which'll mess with the early game again so you might like to wait for that.

And yeah play Peasant Revolution it'll be funny

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The Shadowbat is not for us Green Codexers

Ah, that explains why I couldn't get the fucking thing to show up. Would have become obvious on the next run. I'd just assumed it was some weird quirk of what I'd researched. Could have sworn I'd had it before on a no codex run... guess the runs kind of blurred together.

Do you know the bonuses for all the countries/regions?
I've got a notepad with them listed down, at least the obvious stuff they tell you right away. Plus a few things that aren't obvious and are revealed later in a run.

I think trying to go for hard stuff in general is a bad idea. Advanced tech options won't save you, they are expensive to research and will have 50 other prereqs before you can get something useful out of it.
Oh I know that. I am trying to research all the low hanging fruit first. But the nature of the tree is so incestuous and tangled it makes it difficult to figure out if a tech is actually early game or not sometimes. As a useless (I assume) example, take Pimpcraft. We unlocked it by capturing a hoe like 2 years into the run... how can I tell if that's a tech you could get in month 2 or if it's somehting only recently unlocked after we did the back to school tech? I only have a rough idea because of when I got it in a previous run.

It certainly makes things far, far more difficult to be researching blindly like this, but I find it way more fun as well. If I knew where everything was I could just beeline for the most broken shit and like 80% of the items would never even get used most likely. This way I end up using weird shit because I happened to unlock things in a suboptimal order. This run has been wildly different from my previous decent runs, where I had squads of night-ops snipers clearing almost every map with total impunity. Instead I've now got a bunch of minigunners in heavy armour trading shots in the open and catgirls with friggin' plasma knives.

The other side of things is that captured loot, like the fatty, really can just be wildly effective compared to stuff you can build by comparison, and it's entirely possible to skip parts of the tech tree with interrogations and found loot. And it sure as hell feels satisfying capturing a shrine ship and getting golden shields instead of just shooting down civilians for 2 years and playing with whatever crap you can get from highwaymen. I think it makes for a better read too. The mansion, for example, was glorious. I'd have never done that if I just wanted things to be easy. Maybe sent like 1 sacrificial party with green peasants to learn the map layout and general rules of the mission.
I do think it is a bit sad that the run dies with a whimper (a base assault or missile strike that kills everything would be more appropriate), but this is how x-com works. The run is almost assuredly in a death spiral.
That's my estimation as well, but it seems most people disagree? At any rate, what I'd most dislike as an ending would be missile strikes to the main or secondary base wiping out our income until I end up having to literally just sack our soldiers and wait for death by infarmy loss when our hangars are all gone and all we can do is defend the base over and over again with a handful of elites. That'd be super fucking lame. The overall response has been fairly ambivalent, with nobody outright suggesting we're totally screwed, so for now we'll play cautiously and try to rebuild yet again. If we get another massive setback (like losing the money base or parts of the main that leave us totally fucked) I'll go for a final ride.

So, the roster at our main base is certainly diminished. We've got 5 castaways here, but they're pretty much all very green still. We're actually in a similar place as we were back the last time we nearly lost the run; we've still got Pierre, Azira and Jaedar kicking around, and they've all got like 140 accuracy. We've got some catgirls too, one decent ogre and a scrub, and a bunch of peasants, among whom Belem Belle is the only really trained one. Our work is cut out for us.

bRi0SWL.png

Part of that is going to be securing a ship. Our funds are going to be painfully tight doing this, but I think it'll pay off in the long run. We're building the kraken.
KJs34Me.png

I'm very curious about all these different voodoo related events and techs, really wish I had the brainers to spare for going after it.
gJIr9BE.png
vtPL5i3.png

But we've got more immediate things to work on. I recall getting 3 of these in my best game previously. I can't recall what they gave exactly, but I know it was really good.
dYW97Da.png

Huh. I guess this is referring to enemy missions? Whatever, free cash is free cash. I'll actually research some other stuff like this. I'd been hoarding some of these infamy reward techs in case we had a month where we hit the low infamy threshold and needed to avoid it happening a second time and triggering a loss. But we need the cash, so it's time to gobble them up.
jCOPUmB.png

Another thing I'd been hoarding for a rainy day. Or a potential crazy windfall- having some sort of tech that allows for cloning gals from stasis pods or modifying them into super soldiers or something is just the kind of thing I'd do if I were making a game. Regardless, we need more competent hands, and it doesn't get better than this.
yZklVj6.png

And our random lootbox contains...
iu3BQ3W.png

Heh. A bit ironic, that. We'll need more research to use it, of course.
WNKsNAw.png

Fuck. Well, I was expecting that to happen sooner or later. Not a major loss at least; it had like, 3 buildings finished.
WjrPB4l.png

Huh, thought they'd have more NV than that. I guess it felt that way in previous runs due to my extensive use of night-ops gear.
Gl5j9Yv.png

Fortunately we're stationed in Europe, where this is totally natural and fine.
Gmf2Oxg.png

Final perfect gal is out of the tank. I've named her after a valkyrie. Well, a fictional, artifical valkyrie, which is even more appropriate. May she rally our troops, living or dead, in the final war!
OfdTcL3.png

Got this researched as well. It's actually a massive upgrade over the previous version, firing more shots at much higher accuracy.
h3po2ru.png

More notably, it has a built in cattleprod which scales damage with strength! This thing will deal like ~90 shock damage in the hands of a trained uber., at only 10% hp damage. Excellent for stunning tankier enemies without killing them, which fits the role of it's electrical ammo as well.
koUcgDi.png

Materials are finally assembled. Kraken will be finished by the end of the month, but with only a few days to spare. Better be worth it!
W53PKNc.png

Decided to research the other wands in case I was sleeping on some nice weapons. Pain is, predictably, not great for much except making enemies lose morale. Though access to mind damage is interesting, and it's a bit easier to use than airlessness, except for the morale cost. And unlike the airlessness, this will work on enemies with full face masks. Maybe we can use it to some effect on mercenaries?
GLRlJJH.png

:lol:
a3kpu4v.png

I've started going through the data disks again as well, hoping for some lucky results. Just another god dossier though...
MhSSvL3.png

...which unlocked 3 more researches, including what I recognize as an excellent goblin outfit for night missions, and 2 voodoo related things?! Shit, apparently the gods are worth researching. Wish I'd had more narlock captives. Not sure whether to go for the damsel training or the goblin robes. I'm leaning goblin- I'm curious why they'd be a 'Ratmeister' and it'd be somehting good for goblin only missions. I probably should even bother but fuck it, I want to play with magic.
nH2SNgE.png

Ah, I remember now. The boxes contain orbs. The orbs themselves are useless. However...
UbcWLW8.png

They are the materials used to constuct powerful shadowtech components for ships. Sounds good to me!
1dZHlO7.png

Since the boys are once again the backbone of our forces, I figured I should prioritize research this armor set for them. I wasn't expecting much but... this is actually quite good! It's no chainmail with shield, but it's a big step up from what I had mass produced for them before, and has nice laser resistance and excellent nightvision. Even has a bit of evasion, provided they've learned some melee.
kPh9XwZ.png

Our third wand. Easiest to use of the three, and again, a nice weapon for busting through armored targets. I can see this being pretty decent in the hands of someone with like 70/70 for voodoo stats, though that would require training and special armour I think.
JTnghe7.png

In my endless search for base turrets I've researched Longbows. Which unlocks full plate mail. Somehow. Of course. It's a shame we didn't have this done like 6 months ago when my workers had nothing better to do.
tG2Z7Ry.png

Since our main base won't be launching any missions any time soon, I've transferred a bunch of equipment to the secondary base, along with purchasing the WORM. Hopefully it can earn it's cost back and then some by the end of the month, as well as train up the shitty soldiers based there, which include a few zone stalkers that have had passive training, 2 bandit gals with 20 bravery, and a bunch of peasants.
LlSFKN1.png

I was hoping to crank out a bunch of these but it turns out they require a ton of work; you need to make the original gun and then upgrade it twice. Well, I'll make one or two at least.
LFyGxlX.png

The Worm's maiden voyage is a total milkrun, but it gives me a chance to see it's layout. Turns out, it's been the one ship without suicide lights on our roster this whole time. Figures. Well, it does have suicide lights, but not in the rear compartment. So sneaking out under darkness and sniping people would have been viable with this. I still dislike the fact that it has five fucking doors, but at least there are no windows. And the lights in the front area and even the middle to some extent are angled such that they cling close to the ship. It's actually a pretty cool design, but not one I'm terribly fond of, given it's other flaws.
7EQshkL.png

Yet another goody I was hanging on to in hopes of better returns in the future. Welp, hopefully breaking one is worth it to get whatever is in the second.
OjVwaCt.png

Interesting. This would have actually been quite nice on the scarab to stack the armour up. If it can fit on the kraken (I don't think it's shadowtech though?) that'd be even better.
zSyspUp.png

It actually unlocks 3 different versions; the bigger versions require combining multiple pieces together. Another concept I like, though it seems difficult to amass orbs of a single type through mystery boxes. Presumably you can craft them later on.
5v7nt7T.png

We find a medium ship landed near our base at night and I chance an attack on it; it turns out to be a mere civilian freighter!
djMIWYm.png

In this mission I discover how the hallucinogen gas works! Apparently we can trigger it ourselves.
CNVrMLr.png

Fortunately, it's not that devastating, at least for a blood hound. I suspect they have some choking resistance? I should really check.
OCJWz6c.png

Ah, it's on that side too, obviously.
D2TBEi9.png

Definitely a bigger problem for the 40 bravery peasant. At least she has enough TUs to drop the mortar instead of blowing herself up next turn.
JuOWr8d.png

Blood hound gets used as a crap version of a werewolf to scout here with radar, ship is empty though. It only had like 4-5 labourers as a crew.
49mvY8T.png

Well, if nothing else, the ship will make for an easy way to train bravery on milk runs. for expendable units.
nSuk0tk.png

Sadly, the ship's cargo is just some uber wheat, and not even a significant amount of it. Lame.
131lId5.png

Well, we got some training in at least.
2khcEGp.png

Also, even a medium ship still doesn't have a full sized engine. Maybe it's more a matter of tech level, and only fast ships carry full engines? Wish I'd paid mroe attention. I could of course just spoil myself, or even look back at the LP to glean some info, but I already bought the damned things and it's not like I'm going to pass up on hunting any ship I can get anyways.
5xP3wwi.png

LOOTBOX GET!
rQyh16t.png

And typical lootbox results. Well that was a waste of time and 2 boxes.
rEY2ynL.png

Next up we fight a small megapol cruiser. These guys don't even have spotter or sniper! It's like playing on easy mode.
rSAKMRn.png

I learn another trick of the ship here; we can activate the gas from inside the ship. Interesting, and definitely the way to go to avoid fucking your own troops. It seems each trap only triggers once per mission as well. Of course, it also produces a fuckton of smoke, which is of dubious value, depending on the enemies involved. I suppose if you know what you're up against you can decide whether or not to use it, bring people with high THv stats, etc. However, one generally doesn't know what enemies are out there until you've left the ship, and even if you did, you won't know if they're in position to get blasted by the gas or not.
UiNAll8.png

Ah, these aren't going to give a fuck about the gas though.
4mhKeGV.png

The smoke also spreads fucking EVERYWHERE. Thankfully these guys can't see through it either. Bugeyes would actually pair well with this ship I think, and it'd be pretty good for a melee based team if you didn't mind spending 30 turns waiting for enemies to come to you.

As an aside, I accidentally fucked over our peasant with the mortar again. But this time she lost all her TUs so she can't even drop the fucking thing.
8CpZorE.png

This is solved, as all things can and should be, by punching.
zxBOb5P.png

Wow, his aim in all that smoke must be TERRIBLE.
0VEHbVN.png

Lost a peasant to a manhack. It actually took quite a few swings; seems they're not super deadly, especially not vs someone with decent evasion.
wnsBwtf.png

These harpoon guns, on the other hand, are quite deadly. I'm liking them for dealing with the enforcers here; the bio damage innately ignores half the enemy armour, and they're fairly accurate and quick to fire with a large ammo pack. A bit annoying to build, but totally viable as a midgame weapon imo.
ZUc5Uem.png

More training stats, including some bravery on one of the bandit gals. We haven't come close to making back the cost of the ship yet, but we've got a couple weeks to go still and nothing disastrous has happened yet either. I'll take it.
pgQPlyX.png

Amusingly, the megapol officers can apparently be kept in animal pens, along with the really dumb zombies and deep ones. Enjoy the room service, boys!
k78tHIP.png

In my endless search for base turrets I've researched Longbows. Which unlocks full plate mail. Somehow. Of course. It's a shame we didn't have this done like 6 months ago when my workers had nothing better to do.
tG2Z7Ry.png

giphy.gif

I'm not sure WHY that's a requirement. Is it a reference to the meme argument over whether longbows could penetrate plate armor? Like, only after researching the longbow does it occur to the gals to research something to protect against a weapon of that caliber?

Sadly we barely have any gals left to arm with it...

The smoke also spreads fucking EVERYWHERE. Thankfully these guys can't see through it either. Bugeyes would actually pair well with this ship I think, and it'd be pretty good for a melee based team if you didn't mind spending 30 turns waiting for enemies to come to you.
If there's one thing I've always hated about X-Com, it's that smoke has a variable level of obstruction that isn't communicated in any way to the player. If its primarily there to stun enemies I'm not sure if it does much/anything for vision. Much like how rockets leave smoke but its like 1% effectiveness smoke.

Also, I'm not sure on how easy this would be given your... peasant-level stats on most of your troops, but consider trying to go for more captures when you've got relatively easy missions. I think those electric rounds would melt these guys and the captures would be a large sum.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
If there's one thing I've always hated about X-Com, it's that smoke has a variable level of obstruction that isn't communicated in any way to the player. If its primarily there to stun enemies I'm not sure if it does much/anything for vision. Much like how rockets leave smoke but its like 1% effectiveness smoke.
Didn't know about this. I thought all smoke was created equal.
A thing that annoys me in xpiratez is like this except for lights. How bright is a tile allowed to be before I lose benefit of night cover? I found the technical answer (iirc 5+ out of 16 counts as bright), but it doesn't help in game.

The smoke seems mostly like a drawback if there isn't a way to exit the craft without triggering it.
Plus a few things that aren't obvious and are revealed later in a run.
I don't think there's anything revealed later in the run? Unless you mean stuff like "air car races don't tend to spawn in europe, and do tend to spawn in oceania"
with nobody outright suggesting we're totally screwed
What part of "death spiral" makes you think I think you can recover? :M
The fact that you had a perfect gal stored away might potentially give you a chance, but I still think there's no way short of a miracle you can make it. The sky ninja will steal too much of your infamy, and the missile strikes will kill your base facilities faster than you can build them. And you're a long way behind in tech, which probably means that if the aliens roll a serious base assault against you, you will just die (which is how I'm hoping the run will end, because it's a fun way to go).

I'm not sure WHY that's a requirement. Is it a reference to the meme argument over whether longbows could penetrate plate armor? Like, only after researching the longbow does it occur to the gals to research something to protect against a weapon of that caliber?
The longbow looks made out of metal, so maybe they learned how to bend metal properly by researching it. Seems kinda random, but that's unfortunately a lot of the tech tree.

Luka-boy

Arcane
The way the brainers' and gals' mindset works I just assumed that researching medieval stuff will lead them to think of more medieval stuff to implement using more modern production methods/materials.

Simple as that. No overcomplication involved with these ladies.

Modron

Arcane
Finally caught up that took the better part of a couple days for the last few weeks worth of updates.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
What part of "death spiral" makes you think I think you can recover? :M
My overwhelming arrogance mostly. :smug:
Besides, according to our codex, death is on our side now.

A thing that annoys me in xpiratez is like this except for lights. How bright is a tile allowed to be before I lose benefit of night cover? I found the technical answer (iirc 5+ out of 16 counts as bright), but it doesn't help in game.

The smoke seems mostly like a drawback if there isn't a way to exit the craft without triggering it.
100% agreed about the lights. Should be a clear distinction between cover and not cover, somehow. Best you can do is try to count tile distance from the applicable light source, but that gets super fucky when it's in the air at a diagonal or something, or leaking around indirectly from the edges of a wall. I tend to just religiously destroy light sources whenever possible instead.

Re. smoke: We can exit the craft without triggering it. And after some testing, it seems it doesn't impair LoS, so it's probably just cosmetic. There is still a problem though; the tiles that can be used to trigger it from inside the ship are also really useful tiles to use for covering the doorways form intruders. So it's a tradeoff.

Let's get this show on the road!

Finally got around to doing this. Maybe should have waited for interrogation techniques to finish, but everyone was making such a big deal of his capture I figured it might unlock something really cool, like higher tier shields, craft, contact with reticulans or some kind of voodoo facility.
yOMVTUG.png

LOL. LMAO even. I should have shot this fucker in the head while he was down instead of dragging the body back to the ship.
vlwiy0u.png

Nice, free captive! And a new one at that!
ZhYZuoB.png

While prepping for a mission, I noticed that there;s a peasant version of the legion armour. Shit... that's actually a big fucking deal. This basically makes them able to stand off against a lot of enemies that would normally be able to kill them instantly. And solves the problem of their very shitty night vision handily. Shit's not even heavy!
gIMTifp.png

Picked this up because it was part of a long chain of researches and hoped it would lead somewhere. It did not.
4BRwh01.png

Picked this up because it's very early game tech I should have had by now but put off because it's a pretty shit accessory.
rguSX6y.png

Of course it was gating another tech.
GpLnQrX.png

Score is still pretty shit. We've mostly just been shooting down little civilian craft, which doesn't seem to do much for our score. I'll keep piling on those influence techs though.
ERaFQyX.png

Hot damn, an outfit that looks rad AND it lets us summon rats? Massive energy recovery too, and +9 voodoo power. Not sure what SENSE: 3 (rats) means, would be disappointing if it only detects rats, but it's otherwise a very nice find. Weirdly poison resistant too.
x79o9qU.png

Just one small problem: We can't craft any. Fucking things require 7 smelly rags each, and 3 demonic essence. The first item I've been tossing out because of their large space cost, and the latter we simply haven't found much of. Well, here's hoping necroplanes still spawn so we can get a bunch more rags, as they're otherwise a bitch to acquire. At least I've hoarded lots of the other items.
iOuqVp9.png

Ninja gals that are just way better in every single way. Cool. I bet they get like, laser swords or some shit too.
gneXHgL.png

Revealed a couple more gods, but no awesome tech reveals to go along with them this time.
lBMQLew.png

Again, an early tech I got around to researching because it's maybe vaguely related to the idea of a defensive turret. No dice.
RX3QXv4.png

I have made a discovery! The 'collectable cards' that occassionally drop from enemies and can be resarched to reveal these cities... have a research cost of ZERO. I researched this by adding it to the queue with no brainers assigned to it. Go figure. Wish I could have those hours back, even if it wasn't that many.
KIy5zQt.png

Err, didn't we already do this?
qWgkYj7.png

Ahh, this is the event that repeatedly gives us goodies. I forget what the gray codex gave me, but I vaguely recall it was pretty nice. These sell for a ton, which implies they're also pretty nice... but we've got no way to open or activate them or whatever the fuck. They're classed as artifacts... which tells us sweet fuck all. I'm guessing more voodoo related research is needed, which sucks because none of that is cheap or likely to give us immediate useful results.
BRLkF8N.png

Finally we get a nice bounty mission instead of the weirdly easy shit it was throwing for the last week or so.
656l6pV.png

Nice, these cunts are lightly armed and armored with lingerie. Easy pickings. You know, if Lara had been rocking a big fuck-off machete I might have played those games back in the day; the gunplay never appealed to me.
sZ5H6OW.png

Ah, we do find they can carry dynamite though, which is actually pretty scary still. Luckily she didn't get a chance to use it before we applied the stun end of our shinny new gun. It's got like, 6 attack modes. I love it.
0VccjGB.png

Nice haul for the mission too. We even caught a few of them, maybe they can give us the info on our chest of coins so we can crack it open instead of researching it into thin air. I'd been hoping for more captures with our electric rounds that basically this whole team is using, but it seems the massive bullet damage is just outright killing most of our easy targets. Probably not a good idea to use them on high priority captures unless they have a ton of hp, like a raider boss or zombie. Note to self: Get some EP rounds for pistols in case of stealth missions.
N414B7t.png

Urgh, another one of these? I foresee another 2000 infamy hit in our near future.
0GTYMjj.png

Lots of tiny civ craft pickoffs. The stat gains and loot from a mission like this are practically negligible, but I'm dutifully completing them anyways. Every bit counts right now.
2OjfKv7.png

Alright! High tech gun ship here we come!
9ABBQ7c.png

Nope. This is the worst screen in the game. I swear, I'd rather find out a base got blown up than see this after researching a big tech.
CC36395.png

Well, at least this tech had a guaranteed result. And hot damn, is this armour good. It's got about 60 armour on all facings even without the shield, which adds some evasion and another 20 to the front. Even a 100 damage laser hit would bounce right off this shit, and it's got some plasma resistance as well. It does have one major drawback- it's terrible in both heat and cold environments, restricting it's use to missions in temperate areas, or maybe some cold ones if I can layer enough furs on top. It's also still vulnerable to choking, unlike the tactical armour. Oh, but all of this isn't even the best part.
fmQKRUO.png

Platemail, which was itself gated by fucking longbows, was of course gating industrial tools. Probably not important at all, I bet. What could industrial tools possibly be used for?:deathclaw:
oEpvReM.png

I have made a discovery! The 'collectable cards' that occassionally drop from enemies and can be resarched to reveal these cities... have a research cost of ZERO. I researched this by adding it to the queue with no brainers assigned to it. Go figure. Wish I could have those hours back, even if it wasn't that many.
Presumably because they are from the "piratez cities lore" submod and they didn't want to give a disadvantage for researching new lore entries. Of course this only works if you knew it was 0 days. I always put on 1 brainer though so no big loss.

Shotgun Shield + regular plate mail with shield can make you quite strong. Mostly for piercing, its a small edge to push you further into the "invincible" territory, for plasma and laser its not a big increase and they tend to still be deadly. The "shotgun" part is actually incredibly strong in terms of its auto/snap repeat rate so long as you can get close to your target.

are sandbangs still in the game? could synergize amusingly with flying catgrills...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom