Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress X-Piratez! Ironman! No spoilers! Oldschool X-COM Total Conversion with mutant amazon pirates. Death to the star gods!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
85 enemies. Wowzers. Also, we took a 500 rep hit for a dead bystander? Was that a damsel? I feel like damsels aren't worth so much. I hope we didn't lose some awesome rare recruit or something.
It's the cat. If it lives you get +500 score and if it dies you get -500.
9G7VrEI.png
The real benefit of this armor is that it lets you field gals on some missions where you're otherwise not allowed to.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Sorry for the unannounced hiatus there. Got distracted by some other games, including Shadow Empire. Kept thinking 'I'll play some tomorrow'. Welp, it's finally tomorrow.

Time to crack open some treasure chests to make more fancy armour. We even got a bonus saphire, which is nice since blitz armour and probably other blue shield gear will use it.
WwNvQGA.png

We've actually got a large stockpile of saphires for some reason. I don't recall getting these. Nice!
4rGR9tS.png

Damn, after consulting the advice, this would be a perfect mission to send some blitz armoured catgirls on I think. We've got none of that ready yet though, and I don't want my catgirls and goblins getting blown up by explosives. Pass on this for now.
QlXOpFU.png

Found this kicking around in the production list. No idea where this came from or what it'd do for us, but I want it. God, we need so many fucking mutant alliance tokens. Goblin tokens we have a pile of 4k and only 1 thing left to even unlock from them, and it's the stupid mind control thingy. More mutant mission please!
7FoZFtz.png

Damn, this thing is even more shit than I'd expected. Can't even take it to the shadowrealms like I'd thought.
QuDTsWL.png

Success!
i6Ivq2v.png

Abject failure! :rage:

Didn't expect the novice interrogation to finish before the sectopod. Chalk it up to my being rusty after not playing for over a week.
DDLpdC5.png

Huh, apparently they can be taken captive. Interesting.
svDmI5A.png

Another daunting recipe I noticed lying around. This is going to take so, so very many life support systems if we need to craft the suits and pods. I suppose I'll need to prioritize setting up that body farm I'd more or less forgotten about. Or the game could, you know, give us some FUCKING SPACE MISSIONS.
ypfVk0K.png

These guys look like they have buck teeth and it's hilarious.
gH6jShQ.png

Another interrogation dud, though this was at least not something I could have researched separately.
1o90yDY.png

Please for the love of god unlock some missions.
tVSVSeG.png

Welp, it's not missions, but this is interesting.
XeWShJc.png

Results of these vary wildly. Half are weird shit like this. What is magical cake? Do I want it? Who knows?! We've got none of these souls anyways.
0zUhtc5.png

Destroyer is the only one willing to accept something besides souls, he'll take skulls too. That's a lot of skulls though, and those big ones aren't easy to come by...
rwX6hFg.png

Something we actually recognize to get a ballpark of the value of a soul. 3 for a sivalinga stone huh? Guessing these souls will be rare.
lsgudxA.png

Though... 5 gold bars is basically sweet fuck all in terms of value, so who knows.
M1u3q7k.png

Another benchmark: 23 for a mystery box. I would dearly love to get more of these things.
wDnmUCq.png

We've also got this as an option now. However, after trying it, instead of getting demonic essence, we just got a cleanup bill. Seems we're back on the gambling treadmill. Except this time we need glamour. Fuck.
wcjovq6.png

About fucking time! We unlocked this what, like 4 months ago? Ugh, it's incredibly vague too.
mWJMhr6.png

Well, contrary to the description, we can fly here, we just can't land the craft in the battlescape. Fair enough. Spawning in the corner is good. And we can apparently bring whatever we want.
W3KCe7X.png

And these things seem to make up about half our enemies. They are fucking everywhere.
gZwG8yd.png

Also, our troops are split up, which is a mixed blessing. We can alpha strike better if we've got them surrounded like this, but it also makes planning more difficult.
YAVZvNn.png

Another enemy here. I wonder if they shoot bees from their mouths when they bark? In retrospect, I should have EMP'd one of them.
cwxrNOy.png

And these guys, who have no armour and fairly weak guns. They do, however, have spotter and sniper, just like the pillboxes and presumably the hounds. Which adds up to us needing to basically clear most of the fucking map on turn 0 or we're going to get hit by dozens of attacks.
SCAlwSZ.png

Can only see the sillouhette, but it seems there's a big wall over here too. Might be one of those multi-mission dealiies where we clear this are and then move forward to the palace. Or maybe Aurora is just chilling over here behind a wall. Who knows.
H8CRKyI.png

Our gnome got shot for trying to find out. That's going to take a while to heal.
icx1baP.png

Pillboxes seem to have terrible reactions, at least. And accuracy, but without knows the accuracy of their gun that means little. What it amounts to is that these things are incredibly tanky and will spray bullets at us on our turn.
lJqdc91.png

And by incredibly tanky, I mean a triple shot from the bio tank didn't even hurt the fucking thing, aside from scratching armour. ~100 average damage, cut to 50 by resistance, vs 60 armour. Yeah, this is gonna suck.
uDXYfRq.png

Maria managed to cut one down, but it took like, 6 swings or something, basically half her TUs. Still, this is probably our best option unless we get a warp weapon. Note to self: check if mind or emp might work.
K08O26o.png

At any rate, we're bailing for now. We could certainly win, but it'd be dumb to get a bunch of our squishy units killed in the process, and there's no cover here to save the gnomes or catgirls from indiscriminate bullet spam. We'll come back with a heavily armoured squad instead next time.
jlnj3K0.png

Last of our spirit echoes or whatever. Good to know.
Hou1sDc.png

An interesting prospect. Not cheap to make, but I could see these being very powerful in certain missions. Note to self: check stats of holo-gal.
gJyyXMI.png

The real benefit of that power bat was unlocking this research. This thing is a beast. It's got a ranged attack, accuracy scales with strength, can deal plasma or electric damage, and damage scales heavily with strength too. Only really drawback is hefty TU/Energy cost, but for this much punch it's worth it.
1Q0KgEj.png

Another month slips by. Not even going to bother recording every month end review from this point; money has basically lost all meaning, we're sitting on 50 million now. It's not useless or unlimited, I could spend that all on getting faction tokens for example... but there's no real pressure to deal with enemy or advance right now. Enemy ships are harmless, our rep is handling itself, base raids seem massively outgunned... I think at this point we can relax and farm wealth, at least for the foreseeable future. Considering how much manufacturing we seem to be looking at to make that ship, I suspect the game intends for us to sit around and build wealth at this stage or in the near future rather than doing missions constantly. I'm already skipping most of them, waiting for ones that are either new or particularly lucrative. And even those I'm skipping if the situation is a bit off. In short, we're no longer desperate. We're very stable. And for once I intend to leverage that- as much as I enjoy the nailbiting close to distaster missions, they're getting exhausting, both to actually play and to report on. Doing 30 turns with 3 dudes against the gun runners is bad enough, doing it with 16 varied units is a big time sink IRL. So, in the interests of actually finishing the LP instead of burning out, I'm going to try overgear missions as best I can, waltz in and annihilate enemies with heavy weapons and armour. It shouldn't take that long to finish gearing up honestly, we've already got quite a few power armours and infrastrucutre to build more stuff.
84OoYCv.png

Some more interesting manufacturing stuff: apparently we need to snag another novice to harvest a brain.
bfln11Q.png

Was expecting more from this honestly, it took a lot of research and seems very generalist.
BEOMLPp.png

Craftable vampiric weapons? Hell yes. Like the crystal skull, this thing is way less effective with a syn, who has 25% vs bio and mind. Unlike the skull though, this heals, rather than hurts the user. Morale loss will be irrelevant if we're getting a bunch from kills. I fully intend to slap this and the skull onto a catgirl and have her blender her way through some missions. Probably Pyrite with the beauty formula. Not sure if grav boots or blitz armour would be best, but this is frankly an insane level of potential, being able to steal health, energy and TUs all at once with melee attacks. I'd mass produce these if I could, but they require rubies and demon essence, amongst other things.

7CFljN4.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Explosives seems like the obvious counter to that 15 under armor and 4 tile unit. Even something as basic as a hellerium grenade will probably kill it one shot.
This is not nearly as good as it seems. I built a few but basically never used them. They just get deflected, and in practice deal less damage per tu than laser swords, at least in my experience.
This is great. I built one and took it on every mission. It frequently got tossed around as characters got hurt so they could heal up to full before mission ended. Really good for blitzing stuff even if the offensive performance is pretty poor due to high tu cost.

Makes sense to skip a lot of missions while grinding manufacturing and research at this point. Better for the lp to finish.

Damned Registrations

First actual combat in a while. Thankfully, this is a pretty easy mission with our gear and foreknowledge.

vhX2e0U.png

Gandalf's performance in this mission really makes me question whether I should ever put the crystal skull anywhere else. This combo is just overwhelming.
JWw3sLb.png

The only drawback is running out of freshness and energy. Cigars fix the first one, and I realized in this mission that Belle can fix the second with copious application of drugs. 10 TUs from her = 30 energy for Gandalf. That translates into a lot of firepower.
ZHrK2nd.png

Mace of power ended up being shorter range than I'd thought; I hadn't seen the actual range, only the power dropoff threshold, which was 3. Might still be a way to make it work at a distance with certain types of positioning (enemy against a wall for example) but this is definitely limiting. Still, it ended up getting a lot of use in this mission; it just puts out a fuckton of stun through electric damage. It'd risk killing really weak targets, but for these demons it's perfect, much stronger than other options.
2wLdDni.png

Theban Catgirl got her debut here, and amusingly it wasn't even as a ninja. I didn't check her loadout so she spawned in with a bagpipe. Ended up scoring quite a few kills anyways, due mostly to her vastly superior nightvision and flight letting her snipe hidden targets.
EtdVR7L.png

Should have brought more linux guns for taking captives. Ah well, it's really only the barons and cacodemons that matter.
KsUPYgl.png

Oh no! Six enemies! And Gandalf is all alone! What shall become of our hero?!
m7l46nX.png

:kingcomrade:

Actually that's inaccurate, I didn't even need to sip any of our GAMER FUEL to restore energy while finishing these guys off. It was on hand though.
nwuIDey.png

The leech works on enemy phase as well, letting us murderize several enemies with reaction fire despite having only enough TUs to fire once.
rljpRYD.png

However, morale gain on enemy death seems to not apply for reaction fire? Ruh roh.
OQrOmYL.png

Thankfully there was an unlucky imp still standing around to absorb the tantrum. This is certainly a problem though. Berserk stole all the TUs after we got the kill, leaving us unable to even unquip the fucking book so we don't risk roasting anyone that tries to support us. Thankfully, 120 bravery goes a long way and after a couple turns we're back in control.
etxjSkN.png

Still, to avoid a repeat of that, I send Lenneth in with Maria as backup to clear the rest of the tower.
GAJ3NBe.png

In case it wasn't clear the last time I ran this mission, this place is fookin' huge. Like a dozen floors or something, probably like 20 enemies still inside, and any of them could be a pinkie or baron that could rip even a gal in power armour to shreds. Slow going.
NZpOaar.png

We got it done though, with no losses and minimal wounds. Even saved the damsel this time and got us some cavalier titles! Also, Gandalf got the one for 23 kills in a single mission.
SqE60x7.png

No new loot, but we got some quality stuff here. 40 void salts along with this stuff. All those prisoners will become a lot of demonic essence, and the corpses will give us some more skulls.
TPzKF73.png

Not sure if this is due to an update or access to red tower, but we can research this orb now. Here's hoping it unlocks some cool shit.
2mEYaJv.png

Humaist files were accessible too; wish we'd done this before that bullshit mission where we got nuked.
Nhwhugb.png

Not sure where this dossier came from. Maybe the holo girl summoned with the consumable uses it as a weapon? That'd be kinda cool.
I8wjjOy.png

New mission, and it should give us a ton of jack's tokens! This will probably be a cakewalk, given their weakness to choking attacks and our access to various forms of it now. But who knows, maybe they've got crazy sonic weapons this time. Should be fun. I've got a couple new toys I'll remember to test this time as well.
tNaM1HL.png

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
Damned Registrations
Sign me up as a bolter bitch: shield, 1h dakka-dakka or jezzail. Alternatively, a pilot of a small tank with high ROF.
(I'm not reading the LP in case I'll ever continue mine, and I want it relatively unspoilered. So I have no idea whether it's a good idea metagame-wise.)

Damned Registrations

Well, I'm back after my unannounced month longbreak. Didn't plan to take a break that long (or at all really) but as I am prone to do, I got distracted by some new game I figured would only hold my attention for a day or two, then was a little less inclined to go back so I tried another, and another, and then ended up trying out CDDA with the Bright Nights and Arcana mods.

So I've spent most of the last two weeks roaming around in a zombie apocalypse, doing stuff like raiding a mansion's wine cellar to fill an extra fuel tank bolted onto my stolen Humvee I've converted into a mobile armored methlab so I could use the booze for alchemy and blood magic, wandering the countryside converting the few remaining humans into blood effigies I could consume to mutate myself into a dragon. Until I found another way to mutate myself with a cursed sword I found at a floating temple guarded by a summoner and his semi-corporeal shadow minions. After fighting my way through with kung-fu I learned by raiding some dojos in the nearby town, I stole the sword, reforged it with blood magic, and used it to make offerings to dark gods in exchange for magical powers letting me enhance my strength, ward against various elements, and see through walls. Plus it was a giant, kickass sword. I then cut my way through some otherworldly enemies, like a fungal tower and a Mi-Go tower, to harvest their alien essence to make more offerings and become more mutated. I eventually became strong enough to descend through a sprawling underground laboratory, acquiring many cybernetic modules to further enhances myself with, eventually reaching the dimensional gateway at the bottom. Turning it on created half a dozen portals I used consumed with my sword to convert to essence I could further enhance myself with and craft powerful artifacts with, like my transforming platemail and forcefield buckler. But I craved even more so I overloaded the thing, summoning over a dozen portals and many entities. At this point though, I was a nigh unstoppable killing machine, possessing strength and speed rivalling something like a tiger. I annihilated all of them and left in search of more power, eventually finding a ruined temple where some cultists had attempted to summon something to harvest it's petrified heart. The dragon had risen from the dead while they were trying that though, and killed them all. I slew the dracolich, took it's heart, and crafted a powerful object used to complete one's transformation into an immortal dragon... but I couldn't use it because I'd already made an irreversabile connection with the gods fueling my magical powers. Dejected, I wandered around a bit more in search of worthy challenges. The last thing I found of interest was a helicopter, mostly intact at a nearby airport. I easily repaired it enough to make it flightworthy again, but after doing so, attempted to land it nearby to refuel... and accidentally landed it one Z level (about 10 feet, or one floor) above the roof instead of on it. This resulted in it shattering the precious rotors I had no way of replicating. I'd already made a smaller homemade flying machine to try get over the massive wall incasing my starting area and found it was impossible to fly over, and didn't particularly feeling like try to tunnel through the thing in my current game, so I decided to call it quits there. 10/10 game still, would convert flesh into fuel again. Maybe next time I'll rush the gyrocopter tech to grab the good shit from deep in cities and create a proper base/factions somewhere instead of doing my usual mobile fortress thing.
I've also been playing Dom 6 and tried a bunch of other stuff ranging from the excellent Rift Wizard 2 and Noita to the not so excellent Baldur's Gate 3 (I can see why it got popular but it's frustrating how often it feels like it's about to give me agency then just does some arbitrary cutscene) and Amberland (An overly simplified love letter to Mght and Magic, which was comfy to play a bit but held little appeal to finish exploring.) I also watched an unhealthy amount of Stargate SG-1. So cheesy. I miss that era, despite it's many flaws. Also watched half a dozen episdes of Shogun. Kind of ambivalent on that one. I like the political vibe and gritty atmosphere they went for, but it's somewhat ruined by some goofy over the top shit that makes everyone seem crazy.

But now we're back, and I intend to finish this.

That's a lot of pink shit on the map. What asshole was in charge of this campaign?
W18pMvW.png

*Furiously pressing buttons trying to find the list of available missions, after failing to find it in both options and the 150 tips.*

Oh look, 61% of techs. That seems both like a lot and a little. I suppose once you factor in the exclusive techs, we're pretty near the endgame now. Which I kind of figured.
JIkiqLd.png

Huh, this (and the research one) is actually kind of useful. I probably should have used these more earlier to show screenshots of what we were making. Now it's all cluttered with counterfeiting.
u13jOvv.png

Blah blah who cares we don't need your money anyways.
q4MC82A.png

Finally found it. I'm like 95% sure the mission didn't specify us showing up without our fucking ship. Ah well, seems we got a whole damned fortress instead. That'll do.
xpOcNX2.png

Also, I found the hotkey for this half-lit mode, which does indeed look way better than the nightvision. I think I lose a bit of info in the process regarding light levels, but whatever. I just kind of assume enemies all have spotter and nightvision these days anyways.
RBT8hVy.png

Map is a decent size. There's a whole other completely blank half south of the fort.
WyfN9tX.png

Enemies, as expected, are chumps.
Umd7fSh.png

I like how the fort has this open air space in the middle to send drones up through. Too bad we can't make our own bases like this, would be way more enjoyable to defend.
8TnSRWc.png

Laser stars are as bonkers as I'd hoped. 16 TUs for that kind of damage? Yes please! Cut down a lobster in two throws.
20Tjw8T.png

Gandalf on the other side doing wizard stuff. Probably Red Wizard stuff, specifically.
28NGU9D.png

Damn, kinda wish I'd left the skull with Maria, could have had an 8 body killing spree here. Had to settle for a mere 4.
rtHPC6Z.png

Tank is guarding the back door. Bit of a waste of the firepower, but I'm fine with it.
FxBPQhv.png

Hellfire wand! That's quite the AoE.
Wun1aaB.png

It does a bit of stun and some morale damage too, but is honestly underwhelming when I can just kill people. I could see making a strategy around this though, with a bunch of people putting down tons of fire.
X7RQBZt.png

Didn't catch the screen, but the evil, wily fishmen brought reinforcements on turn 8!
LyhMwsa.png

GAH! ARGH! NOT THE PIPES!
N699NXK.png

Well, it's just more of their usual chaff.
OiaLHbP.png

Lenneth just casually mowing down enemies from 30+ tiles away with her unfair accuracy.
gfdX0qW.png

One of the aquamen actually managed to land a hit on Gandalf!
R7UlzjI.png

Honestly the only reason we fell down was because we ate most of a cigar that turn.
z7rGyhK.png

But the fucker did it again the next turn!
ZLfen6t.png

Rather than have someone else flank, or grab all my fallen gear like I did the last time, I chose the careful, measured response of firing 49 lightning bolts at this fucker. 3 guesses how that turned out.
fkj5JAz.png

Victory! Man, that did not feels like 91 enemies. More missions like this please. They didn't even hit turn 12. Maybe I missed out on some stronger reinforcements later. Whatever.
eWxhvNE.png

Loot is pretty underwhelming, but we got a ruby and some trophies for honestly very little effort. I'll take it!
kBZDGwb.png

Oh, right, the rewards from that mission I did a month ago.
5ZBvY7e.png

See, stick the red shields on some power armour? That's all I wanted! Was this so hard?

It's actually a bit of a mixed bag, with a pretty large weak spot on the rear/under armour and 10 less armour on front and sides compared to the medispider suit. It's got some bad resistances too, including choking (wear a helmet!) and heat/cold is basically default, which could be a problem. OTOH, this thing can fly, and gives some stat bonuses, including 20 to reactions! It also boosts TUs and firing a bit. I'm going to make one for Lenneth ASAP so we can see even more retardedly high numbers for throwing stars, even if the superior usage is obviously flying, shielded snipers. Oh, and it's got crazy high melee evasion. Honestly, our best suit by far right now. It's a shame they need rubies to build, along with the usually high tech junk.
pB1M5Zo.png

Was really hoping we'd unlock tech related to these like we did with one of the other prizes we already had access to. We did not. 4k tokens down the drain for nothing.
BqgegMM.png

Was not expecting a minilauncher upgrade, but this might be pretty awesome. Seems like a good use of Belle's voodoo stats, she might start racking up xp now instead of hanging at the spawn and healing people.
yUMQFS9.png

Gandalf

Arbiter
YES! The "X-Piratez! Ironman! No spoilers! Oldschool X-COM Total Conversion with mutant amazon pirates. Death to the star gods!" is back!

lightbane

Arcane
Yay, it's back!
excellent Baldur's Gate 3 (I can see why it got popular but it's frustrating how often it feels like it's about to give me agency then just does some arbitrary cutscene)
Decline? How gay it is? IT seems to go overboard in act 3.
How are the C&C?

amount of Stargate SG-1. So cheesy. I miss that era
We all do, shame. If we knew what was coming from 2010 forward...

Damned Registrations

Alas, we're apparently not famous enough yet. Or we just need to wait for an event to trigger. We're assembling quite the powerful catgirl squad all of a sudden with these warriors and the theban cat clones and the new blitz armour...
7xRowt8.png

Plasma damage you say? Aerospace tech you say? Why yes I would like some of that.
cq3I0zn.png

1500 wizbiz tokens and the last item for sale. Better be good, I traded a lot of cool stuff for those tokens.
XkRGpkW.png

Research from an arcane tome also bought with tokens. I want it. This would be insanely good on Maria, or anyone really. Actually, it doesn't mention an infinite ammo requirement, if we could use this ammo weapons like throwing stars, we'd be unstoppable.
t8xhMil.png

I've no idea what these are for. Can't research 'em, they require animal cages, they qualify as liabilities... maybe something will unlock later. I've still got a few bases to shuffle them through in case they need very speciic facilities to be researched though. Maybe Red Mage can use them in the spa for longer baths or something?
g2E8NkZ.png

Wow, bonus score for dodging the mission. That's a new one.
f830tAm.png

Whatever the game thinks is sufficient to serve as a trap for us, I think we've got it outmatched here.
dtXoWnf.png

Hey, coconuts might not count as weapons!
OCN0o0U.png

It's ON.
:kingcomrade:
mOXT748.png

Well, so much for cheating in some equipment. Couldn't even take our purple green drank.
iJ9XXDm.png

Seems we're in for an honoraburu dueru!
AfiwTi6.png

Big open arena, no other enemies, floor is acid. Cool setup. The rang of the throwing thingie is just about 3 tiles past the fence in the middle. Sadly, while it scales with throwing damage, it doesn't do so exponentially. Still, we almost certainly have the advantage.
JKTwIbX.png

Of course, we could always have a little more advantage...
hSDvlxR.png

Hilariously, after burning most of our TUs and energy to get here, we whiff our attacks even at her back. Seems she's got high evasion, who could have seen this coming?!
DhXvMQU.png

She actually managed to hit us back, from the front no less, on her turn. However, it basically tickled. The disk thing probably would have done more, given it's armour penetrating properties.
dmR81ua.png

We drop the disk on the platform nearby and go for another round of melee with a massive accuracy buff, landing several hits.
pZbkOfH.png

And that's all she wrote! I like that melee was an option here in case you didn't bother raising throwing on the gal you sent. Though we certainly could have won with throwing too, probably even with relatively low throwing given our other base stats. Seems we have some new items of interest to research.
vxfvHK4.png

Reward for offering skulls to the destroyer. That was rather a lot of skulls, hopefully this orb is worth it. We already had one from... something? All these weird magic things I never get to use are hard to keep track of!
xCDov0Y.png

Carbon armour is nice, especialy vs plasma, but it's no power armour.
3q6iJNy.png

Interplanar travel and speed you say? Whatever could we use such properties for?
kWDLmxj.png

Dang, quite the score boost between that and our last mission vs the deep ones. Perhaps we'll shoot for another rank. I forgot the non score requirements though, but they're easy enough to check.
l6JuozM.png

C&C Bitches! My personal vote is to prank her (I bet it's not even the real Dr. X) but I'll take the KKK into konsideration. Vote now, without delay!
mwK54im.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Nice to see the lp return.
Victory! Man, that did not feels like 91 enemies. More missions like this please. They didn't even hit turn 12. Maybe I missed out on some stronger reinforcements later. Whatever.
I usually had some issues in this mission due to the aquamen spitting lightning from outside LoS. Other than that it is a very fun mission, as you just mow down hordes and hordes of enemies charging at you. Placing a swordswoman to the side of the doors can get you several reaction kills per turn as the fishmen try to charge inside.
Honestly, our best suit by far right now. It's a shame they need rubies to build, along with the usually high tech junk.
Assault armor was my goto for the endgame. Flight, shields, no real penalties... even if the armor as such after shields are gone is basically just plate.
C&C Bitches! My personal vote is to prank her (I bet it's not even the real Dr. X) but I'll take the KKK into konsideration. Vote now, without delay!
mwK54im.png
Achtung on this choice, because it is pretty major and some of the options are incredibly short/bad compared to the rest.
Minor spoilers for how much stuff is behind each choice (most of it is based on looking at the tech tree, so I might be mistaken):
Humiliate: some content.
Gift Her: little content
Merchandize: some content, and strict subset
Recruit: some content, and strict subset of other option(s)
Prank: Most content rich path, blocks some red mage stuff
I did prank on my run, but that path is technically not finished, even if it has a lot of content, and would be absolutely hilarious to see DR die to. It also disables the finished Red mage route (for some reason only dio knows). Still, I've seen it, so less fun for me.

Can I just vote against prank? Otherwise I vote for humiliate. It seems pretty appropriate for green codex.

Damned Registrations

Can I just vote against prank?
Sure but now the votes are tied up. I'll give it a little more time anyways.
Interesting, I wonder if these are actually ingame? Feels like there should be more to the underground than we've seen so far, with the chaos cultists and demon shrines.
TQt85U1.png

Man what a cursed fucking image. Jesus.
ZUffvLO.png

Sounds cool, but I don't think we can build or buy these...
oLkAbTm.png

Damn, now that's a fucking support component right there. I'll seriously consider bringing back one of our STC ships if we can make the tier 2 version of this.
x8LnxhM.png

Cute, but we're well beyond this level now. Would have been a nice boon if we'd finished this questline early enough though.
Owr95Fa.png

Pretty much the only thing that can delete all our money in a day at this point, aside from outright wasting it. Of course, these tokens were put to the most important of uses.
Wasvtaq.png

Not too shabby, though it's caps make it kinda useless for Maria. We could stick one on a biosuit gal to good effect though, I think.
GHlkWqF.png

Behold! This was... completely fucking useless. No training acquired. Bah. Maybe we need to do more sky ninja crap.
QYHYgTz.png

I can confirm that Moongeese are just as, if not even more dangerous than Moonbears. Seriously though, this suit is fucking awesome. Only thing it's lacking is a nice health buffer for our squishy gnomes, but gold shields on power armour are actually really good, since most piercing/conc weapons are too weak to get through 80 armour to begin with. Tons of other goodies too. Would be great for some of those missions where we can use gnomes in power armour but not gals. Oh, and it gives a ton of strength, so we can have gnomes wielding heavy weapons too.
5p44LHW.png

Found the rabbits! In retrospect, this should have been obvious. Will try to test them out on the next mission.

uoWAl7s.png

:flamesaw:
XAbgUN5.png

Pfft, is that all you got, puny fiat currency? Bring it on!
kr4CesA.png

God damn, it's like the Moongoose armor but even stronger, and for peasants. I want like 6 of these yesterday. Only downside is slow shield recovery but who gives a fuck, and even slow is still 0-100% in 5 turns.
e4X8Nd8.png

...and we can't make them. Motherfucker! Where the fuck are these magischen motors supposed to come from? We unlocked shit to build with them like 7 ranks ago. It's got to be some stupid obscure tech from a race we didn't capture enough of, like the Reticulans or something.
1BTQSYo.png

Cute, but probably not worth a slot compared to high end STC stuff.
DjVmXai.png

Now this might be a better use of the Zortrium. Stats aren't amazing, but not too shabby either. Purple gets ignored by... stabbing and lasers? This has good laser defenses and stabbing is all but non-existant among enemies. The real kicker would be if we could wear this shit into a shadowrealm. Speaking of which, more fucking shadowrealms please!
QfgLhoC.png

Hmm. Revenge time? Possibly. Though now that I think about it, I feel like the real way to go here is to bring a gnome in a Moongoose suit and a gun bigger than the gnome. Though loader armour might do the trick.
FnGCdPv.png

Arrowgrab

Arbiter
The promise of a lot of material for pranking Dr. X sounds alluring, but someone above also noted that the stuff is apparently unifinished yet, and it will lock us out of some of the Red Mage's stuff. I would suggest picking something that doesn't lock us out of things that actually are in the game.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
God damn, it's like the Moongoose armor but even stronger, and for peasants. I want like 6 of these yesterday. Only downside is slow shield recovery but who gives a fuck, and even slow is still 0-100% in 5 turns.
e4X8Nd8.png
Hey, I think this might be unique to your path. At least I never saw it. Or maybe I just ignored it cause lol gold shields.
Where the fuck are these magischen motors supposed to come from?
Iirc they are very rare and you mostly get them from robbing marsec troopers and disassembling high end plasma weapons
The promise of a lot of material for pranking Dr. X sounds alluring, but someone above also noted that the stuff is apparently unifinished yet, and it will lock us out of some of the Red Mage's stuff. I would suggest picking something that doesn't lock us out of things that actually are in the game.
To clarify on what is unfinished for pranking:
There's a long questline of like 10 missions, and at the final one you get a cutscene with a dude going "see you on mars, space pirate". But you never see him on mars.
It's still a whole questline of like 6 missions that is unique to this path. Some of the hardest missions in the game too

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
I've skimmed through update without reading, hoping to see my avatar. And then stumbled upon you mentioning tie.

I knew that there's some plot line with X beforehand. I'm not going to read what happens next.
There're some random points I know about xpiratez, but they're not coherent enough to understand what's going on. E.g. I know (or I think I do) from some years old youtube video that the last mission is Mars Brain kinda like vanilla but I don't know how to get there or whether there's some twist (or whether it is there at all now or was retconned). I know that catgirls exist and ran a test game with them for a month or so, so I know that they're kinda like goblins, even though there were no cats in my LP (I'm not sure that they've existed on the version I've began with).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom