Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress X-Piratez! Ironman! No spoilers! Oldschool X-COM Total Conversion with mutant amazon pirates. Death to the star gods!

Luka-boy

Arcane
Ah I see the latest update is including some of the new AI-generated images for faction members. They look fine in my opinion. I expected worse when I saw the patch notes mentioning them.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Well, this was simulataneously awesome and disappointing. If I wanted another gnome I'd have used my supply of boots! And I already know what a hero can do... but it is our first!
MGma3KL.png

Huh. The gnome ended up being useful too, indirectly. Cool. We definitely tapped gnomes out as a research source before, so this is either from the patch and going to be obsolete, or from cross polination with our recent tech gains, which would be awesome.
8p6SgtV.png

Scientist interrogation gave us sci vessel specs. If I'm not mistaken, we could literally just outrange this fucking thing with some of our weapons, if not for the fact that maximum speed means literally nothing in combat. LULZ.
Am79jPr.png

Considering this unlocked as a result of getting a dossier on a lategame enemy ship, this is probably Real Fucking Good to research.
7Md6yL6.png

Ship shields! At last! Hopefully this leads to actual ships, and not like, a shitty accessory I won't use.
xTRvTMc.png

Ooooh. I like these. I'm going to start skipping a lot of screens like this from now on for the sake of making research a bit more of a surprise and generally speed up how fast I can do updates. But this feels like a milestone for sure.
jIXl2x0.png

I love the fact I can literally just let the church do a terror mission and still not lose income from even a single country. We have the POWER!
jfVuU9b.png

Hmm, interesting. Seems like it'd be more suited to vehicles than armours, then?
iJAp0ic.png

Star gods decided to send us some company.
xIttIgX.png

Wasn't planning on bringing an ogre in this outfit, but god damn that results in a hefty charm stick. That's insane for a reliable ranged charm attack.
DCZCoxw.png

Not sure how, but one of the rats I summoned appears to have phased through the floor at the end of my turn, baiting out enemy attacks even though I never opened the ship doors.
A7RqgeR.png

Anyways, such a small ship is a milk run, and we got our guardian capture. He's not talking though. Also, why the fuck do they have lokknaar scriptures?
Cj2RlkK.png

First result of gnome questioning. Not what I expected. It's basically the mammoth chain gun ammo, but for a light cannon. Would be neat if we had this rend ammo for better guns...
2agd0va.png

Behold! We can recruit a single hero. They're basically like zone stalkers, but even better. Waaaay back in the early days of the LP I promised to assign the role of hero to Cleve, Pierre, and Dioxine when we got them. But we never did, so Cleve and Pierre became zone stalkers and kicked a lot of ass. This one is going to be Dioxine.
FfV7vB3.png

Fuel capsules are so mind bendingly difficult to craft I think we need a factory for them. Possibly 2. I haven't done the math, but I think once I factor in extra space taken up by improved hellerium distilling, it'll make sense to have 2 factories in a single base, fed with a lot of luxury quarters and condos. For now though, I'll settle for one.
sYJRHAz.png

Got a demon ruin! Sadly, nothing new out of this one, but we did get a second herder's staff! These things are awesome, but I do want to finish that simulacrum...
3bUfQT2.png

Not sure where this tech came from. Shields, I assume? I'm actually slightly regretting my decision to sell off those brainers. Eh, it's fine for now though; we need the time to build cash anyways.
nRhDX4I.png

The damage of these is actually inferior to the last 2 ninja star upgrades. And the range is 13, instead of the 15 on the firestars. However! These drop the firing cost back down to 16, and stack to 10 in a slot, instead of a mere 3 or 4. These are going to be awesome. Nice armor penetration too, and we can put a stack of each kind on someone to give them quick swapping between damage types.
nlYgTIR.png

Taking down another sci vessel. They're spawning frequently now, oddly enough. I can't be bothered to fight the horde every time though, maybe if we run out of research again or the academy base fails to yield a provost when we go there. Also, it's behaviour seems to have changed? This one was aggressive, while the last one let me tail it around forever. Weird shit. Thankfully our fighter managed to dodge most of the attacks.
OkhioQK.png

New armour! It's basically an upgrade to the swiftsuit; a lightweight shielded flying armour. But unlike the shitty swiftsuit, this one is basically immune to bullets instead of being completely vulnerable to them. Bio and Daze tend to not be big threats, and chem is rare, so even a bit of blue shields is probably enough for a ninja to fly around and get shit done.
ofnHnG8.png

This is interesting. In my previous runs, heroes came with this title randomly sometimes. Assuming we can tack this onto another powerful hero title, it'll make for an incredible soldier.
4NukfOy.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Fuel capsules are so mind bendingly difficult to craft I think we need a factory for them
Enjoy taking weeks RL to get all of these.
It's only one year in game with 150 runts. You can do that pretty fast if you skip all non-mandatory missions. Still annoying though, since you'll be forced to do various base defences.
Personally, I recommend save game editing once fuel capsules are all that stands between you and the final mission.
Of course, given the state of research and various plotlines in the lp, the creation of sufficient fuel capsules might actually sync up pretty well with DR being ready.
Sadly I think the lp will never find a shadowlamp, so some of the lategame tech will probably be impossible without save game editing.

Factories also kinda suck since they can't craft most lategame equipment without also having a printer in the same base (and all the other services).
New armour! It's basically an upgrade to the swiftsuit; a lightweight shielded flying armour. But unlike the shitty swiftsuit, this one is basically immune to bullets instead of being completely vulnerable to them. Bio and Daze tend to not be big threats, and chem is rare, so even a bit of blue shields is probably enough for a ninja to fly around and get shit done.
ofnHnG8.png
Blitz <3
I was using this armor until the very end of the game.

Damned Registrations

Very important research I'm sure.

AnwZSx6.png

Decided to turn Echidna into a witch but discovered the damned outfit requires a diamond of all things! Argh. It's not out of reach but it's now competing for some of the rarest and most in demand resources we have access to. I'll think it over.
iMbddag.png

Behold! We can finally figure out why this thing seems to suck sometimes. Apparently it's highly random? I thought it'd be related to it's required stats, but it simply scales of melee (pretty well at that for an 8 TU weapon.)
3ZLFiTk.png

Sure enough, it has the 0-200% spread, but without the double roll. That certainly explains some shit. 50% armor effectiveness is about what I expected. I'm not sure what the wound count multiplier means, is 6% low or high? At any rate, I now know which characters I can effectively throw this on, so it'll likely see a bit more use in the future.
E0cGBaF.png

Hmm, mind probe construction in our future? Though honestly the skill imprinting sounds more useful...
wwDDVFD.png

Sadly, this was the weak component I'd feared.
cUzJOTo.png

Lots of shit to shoot down this month. Game is being a bit stingy with the bravery increases though, and the goblins need a lot of it.
WVLeVI1.png

Yes, cats can haz biltz too. The TU bonus is actually a fair bit weaker than gravboots, but OTOH, those shields are so much more useful on a cat it's not even a contest where this tech is getting deployed. +40 reactions is crazy as well with certain weapons, like a toxi-lance. And NV 25! Bonkers.
ATP07rH.png

Hey, you know how enemies do that thing with crackdowns where they send progressively stronger ships? This is the third one, a heavy gunship. I want whatever loot it's carrying.
UxaMMVL.png

New gun, I'm pretty sure. Damn I hate waspites though.
4yASPT6.png

Fuck, trying to kill this thing on turn 0 was a mistake.
0as7gmi.png

Yep. This sucks.
K4cR5RL.png

Well, the good news is their weapons aren't insanely deadly. They are, however, insanely accurate and fire at a low cost, AFAICT.
tqjLOVd.png

Now to hope they don't just rush the front door and kill us from a distance.
RjoI9yR.png

This fucking thing ate a full auto from the mammoth (like, ~40 pellets?) and then an auto from a splatty as well. Fucking hell, I swear these things have some kind of special defenses not listed.
4hr17Q9.png

Sectopod sighted. Thankfully it's turned away for now, so we don't need to worry about it's reaction fire if we leave it alone and thin the herd.
eEUw0E0.png

Recon drone is invaluable on a mission like this.
aDWQFJL.png

Next turn we bait out the sectopod's attack with a rat. The damned things are infuriatingly accurate considering their stats.
ytE9yXz.png

Seems their gun uses maybe 25-30% TUs? Also, I tried some psi terror on it, but it's defenses are way too high I guess. Still not sure how that works exactly, but it's defense is like ~150 or some shit.
haNmMeR.png

Aziri puts that brainhacking power to good use and explodes a waspite for me. Perhaps I should have employed some emp weapons on these guys?
KX3WfIP.png

The sectopods have 500 blue shields, while a full auto from a fatty will dish out ~400 damage to that.
fs6D1gT.png

Mammoth on full auto will dish out ~1000, but only does about 250 to shields. We attack with it second, to finish the shields off and shred some armour.
uvfVqPi.png

Gandalf comes in last, with blitz empowered lightning. I can't be bothered to do the math on what a full auto of this does, but it'd tear through even 1000 blue shields. I'm more interested in the armour shredding it can do. Though it did cost enough TUs to provoke reaction fire, which thankfully missed.
1BwTgSb.png

Hmm not as much armour shredding as I'd hoped for, but not bad. We're lacking in useful chem weapons to employ. In retrospect, I should set up some minibomb launchers for this purpose; they should inflict a solid ~40 armour damage to the under armour per shot, and bypass the shields. The problem is I want to try take one of these alive and under armour won't work well with that plan. Well, maybe with an emp grenade after? The shields will soak that though, and regen between turns...
YhQNhSS.png

For now, I opt to pile some damage on with a sword. We leave it alive though.
5JHxG3n.png

Another fast paced mission. Honestly, I prefer it this way.
e2bf1KM.png

Maybe a bit too fast paced! A fucking waspite rushes the door and unloads a heavy plasma into one of our gals. Our reactions are too shit to deflect anything.
bq22Tkd.png

Well fuck.
RsNXLQi.png

Thankfully they don't follow it up by throwing grenades into the ship and killing Echidna, since I left the drone out and they want it dead apparently.
pDkToRi.png

Damn. Did not see that coming. Scratch another bio suit I guess. Fuck.
h35l2Cl.png

On the bright side, our rodent minions have gotten next to the enemy ship, which spawned unreasonably close to us. It's bizarrely empty, but does have a new foe in the cockpit...
k638JBl.png

Sister Francesca once again doing a ton of work. I should honestly make another bio tank, these things are amazing in conjunction with this ship.
HIOgIYU.png

Well, that's about as close to dead as I think we're going to get it.
OUJDDz1.png

Brainhack... GO!
Bccb7Jd.png

Well then. This tells me two things. First- these things can't be stunned. Unless brainhacks don't have the whole 'bypass stun immunity property' but that would be retarded. Secondly, brainhacks don't completely ignore armour like I thought they would, or this thing would be super fucking dead right now. Unless the stun is ignored instead of converted to damage and the brainhack is inherently low damage.... whatever. It killed the waspite. I think it'd have killed this if armour weren't a factor. Gah, I hate not having the dossier on it.
abQpeg4.png

Noice is less impressive than I expected. I suppose it makes some sense to have weaker armour than the guards, but such low TUs and stats in general? Weird.
3UkeqIe.png

It does have good reactions though, and seemingly a godlike evasion stat, since it dodged about a dozen 110%~ accuracy melee attacks, including a bunch from the rear. We finally took it out with the medispider arms, thankfully.
5GFU96m.png

Honestly, loot was a bit thin. We got some gauss cannon parts, those flechette multicannons seem to be the new guns (and seem to not need ammo?) but our only real prize here is the novice. Here's hoping it has some nice secrets to share.
fgQlVn9.png

One more person to add to the valkyries. Stop wrecking my armour! :argh:
dicmKD1.png

Well, I was looking forward to new research but... the game seems determined to keep distracting me. Another solo mission, but this time for a gnome eh? Better send in Aziri. I recall a dossier stating that 'Pure Innocence' technique gnomes have is the key to defeating tentacle monsters, so we should go with that. :desu: I'm sure something like a gun turret would be entirely ineffective.
W1VnLPq.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Well, I was looking forward to new research but... the game seems determined to keep distracting me. Another solo mission, but this time for a gnome eh? Better send in Aziri. I recall a dossier stating that 'Pure Innocence' technique gnomes have is the key to defeating tentacle monsters, so we should go with that. :desu: I'm sure something like a gun turret would be entirely ineffective.
Must be a new mission, never saw this one.

Congrats on defeating and capturing your first real star god. And killing a sectopod to boot. Surely a mere merc base can't stop you now?

lightbane

Arcane
MErc base naw! And any other base while you're at it.
That tentacle pit description is top kek. The fact that it has an actual mission related to it is golden. Shame the mod will never be finished at this rate. But hey, at least we know for sure that Dio won't suddenly go tranny and crazy, as other modders.

Damned Registrations

We actually have the hive exam already from that gnome interrogation, so we don't have to go in totally blind. Which is good, because holy shit what a weird enemy. It seems the tip about going in and charming it wasn't for nothing- 200 blue shields that regenerate fully each turn is pretty much an impassable wall for a single gnome. However, it IS vulnerable to charm. Or at least, charm will work on it somewhat. It also has next to no armour. Poison might work as well...

YIpSyIV.png

Ah, but it has an insane 13 freshness recovery per turn. So trying to lower it's freshness to 0 is probably hopeless. Stun regen of 10 is a fair bit, but with the the herder staff or even charm wand, it sould be viable to stun it out.
J4a8Qbu.png

The recommended strat seems pretty shit. With a 69 morale cost, we won't be able to use this enough to really stun the enemy.
t09WGDg.png

Though this kick in the nuts might work for destroying it's morale. I briefly consider sending the gnome in a loader suit, but that has 60% charm taken as opposed to the 10 or 15% of other outfits. The tentacles might bypass armour and fuck us with a charm attack. We're still pretty in the dark, but nothing for it but to suit up and-
u14YUBq.png

Seriously? NOW?!
CSZ0Tyc.png

Well, I was planning to bring our shade along, but I dont trust the gate to stick around for 9 hours. Certainly not the 24 for spraygun ammo, assuming that even works for the cursed spraygun. At least we've got all those holy hand grenades and a couple herder staves.
37SNBK0.png

Uh... where is all my shadowrealm gear?
gYOa2Bj.png

Apparently it's a 1 turn mission? Wtf?
BzVAIbO.png

No enemies to be seen...
CMkfB13.png

Ah, it's plot bullshit. Alrighty then.
NIQrB1O.png

Second verse, same as the first. I brought pretty much one of every race, as well as 3 goblins in avenger suits. We should be ready for... whatever this is.
kep4Xil.png
nuGoHaS.png

Well, this is starting to look pretty bad. If it just wipes the team arbitrarily I'll be incredibly pissed off.
yzty5Oy.png

Ah, the ol' prison break mission. Fair enough. I mean, not really fair at all; but I suppose it gives a chance to players that didn't prep for this like I did.
8blWtQS.png

At last, something to punch! Or, char into ashes with our electro shield, as the case may be.
Ke28zTD.png

It's got gear to steal too. Nice!
PeiAlIo.png

One of them has some sort of ranged attack too? Shields absorbed it for me.
7KbGF6r.png

Lightbane gets to punch one out. Fun fact, Bugeyes don't normally get a punch attack, so this is probably the only way to get wrestler titles for a bugeye.
VheECoi.png

Most of the crew is locked in cages scattered around, and it seems we can't claw our way out.
FhXpDwU.png

Apparently it's the weird bone shields that have the ranged attack?
3OpZIfp.png

Not allowed to fire it though. :argh:
D9C6j0N.png

Jaedar took a few cuts standing next to the bars of his cage, but is honestly barely hurt. This mission is a cakewalk for sure.
N7DGA4h.png

Not long before we've piled up a bunch of unconscious wraiths and taken their gear. Having all 3 goblins start outside the cages helped for sure, but honestly anyone we brought could have handled this.
HIiV9ic.png

Level is actually fairly big, but thankfully not that complicated.
FDyzqtg.png

We find escape tiles after a bit of exploration, along with a giant purple gem thing.
mTFI4ub.png

Our goblins are going insane, 2 of them were ratmeisters on the last mission and have low freshness still. Whoops. Their lowish voodoo power doesn't help matters either.
gmNCjj8.png

Gems are pretty heavy, would be a pain to carry back to the escape tiles. I'm confident we can just clear the level anyways, this avenger armour is amazing here.
VYPh8td.png

Well, that certainly looks more dangerous than the wraiths.
nhSPAEn.png

Yup. Would rather not get hit by that thanks.
dMxNpqC.png

Fortunately we've got catgirls with a bajillion TUs. The enemy is, predictably, kinda tanky though.
Y01KTm0.png

I try a 'pure innocence' on it for good measure as well, but no dice.
SoTU8zg.png

More weird loot. Definitely don't want to escape without this stuff.
NSkhI97.png

After a while it occurs to me I can use NV mode to see better. Quite helpful in this place.
BBn6jqb.png

Annoyingly, the demon doesn't stick aorund to fight but keeps wandering off. He moves quite far each turn so it's hard to keep up, but we'll corner him eventually.
GhvNRCv.png

One 'eventually' later...
mZ23Blt.png

He actually finds us! Thakfully Echidna dodges his attacks. Mind you, she's tanky in this place as well, anyways.
4eKVVZn.png

Using the wraiths stun weapons works a treat, and the beast goes down.
A23kcEV.png

Huzzah! :yeah:
V4hHu8G.png

Okay, there were definitely more than 3 enemies. Like, 12 at least.
TbDwF6w.png

Pretty decent skill gains, since a lot of people that don't normally get to melee got some practice.
UIlUh0Q.png

Very stingy loot. Hopefully thoe last 2 items are as important as I'm hoping. Also, we picked up a demon heart at one point... maybe it's not here because it was in inventory?
c6hurXX.png

Bah! I suppose that makes sense, but it makes that herder staff way less impressive.
EmGyOyM.png

Title for everyone! Not amazing, but more voodoo power is always welcome. Shame I didn't bring Gandalf (was worried about the lowered armour)
ooyUYrm.png

Finally the loot from our last mission arrives to be researched. I'll feel a bit silly if the robe gives awesome shit, we could have done that one ages ago by killing our first captive.
kqKB6Rr.png

Time for Aziri's mission! Freshness isn't ideal, but 70 of 90 isn't too bad.
EWjZUDx.png

I decided to go with this in the end. Flask to recover stun, tesla coil in case theres other enemies besides tentacles, motion tracker for the same reason. Wand and herder staff should be our main tools against the tentacles. Staff has a kill melee, but if the hives are ranged and immune to voodoo we can play popamole with the wand.
HV4uhen.png

Down we go!
EPNlfnz.png

Gah, psychedelics too. Not sure if that's mind or charm damage, but it doesn't seem to be doing much to us.
th01SYj.png

A bit of exploring later, and we round the corner into some tentacles!
aVzidVu.png

We got hit a few times, but the damage is minimal. Seems this was the right choice!
zv5tP4v.png

Seduce doesn't seem to be working. Minimum 126% accuracy my ass!
rZLZLKn.png

We'll try the wand next. It's not like this thing is going to dodge it.
H56EDrq.png

Ugh, it drains our TUs and freshness on hit as well. We can keep morale up easily at least, the tentacles don't seem to hurt that. It's clearly got way better reactions than us as well.
hhEJX2k.png

I give up on trying to popamole at it and just end the turn out here and tank it's attacks. It just means it hits us on it's turn instead of ours.
6hKxi0e.png

It's shredder our flimsy armour, unfortunately. We're taking a fair bit more stun damage now, and the canteen is running out.
NIL7lIw.png

I decide to change strategies yet again and go in for a melee bonk with the staff, only to find there's another fucking hive! Fuck it, we'll hit this one instead, we won't make it to the second one without getting whipped a million times.
KC3HG87.png

Well shit. We've got almost no freshness, the canteen is done, and we don't seem to be hurting these fucking things.
krhNJRY.png

JESUS CHRIST. No wonder we were losing. 412 health? I'd need to wand it like... 15 fucking times in a single turn! How the shit could I possible stun this thing? And those voodoo stats... no way in hell innocence was going to work. I think the actual play here is like.... a loader armed with a metric fuckton of poison weapons. Maybe chem grenades? I forgot about chem as an option, it'd at least fuck their morale. The toxilance should work wonders as well, come to think of it, since it scales with bravery and hits like a truck. Assuming we could get close enough. A lightning tome could also work, except we'd run out of TUs before killing a second Hive I think. Maybe if we brought pillow books as well....
Ow0OKP2.png

Welp, we're fucked.
HMZre7Y.png

They can't move, so we can at least run away... I discover while doing so that going insane or berserk with your last character isn't actually a mission fail like I'd thought.
vfXgnvx.png

Because of our insane bravery, we can still act on like... 2 out of 3 of our turns? But we need to save TUs for a whole turn to get to full anyways, and either insanity or berserking will empty them.
pqpmdJZ.png

Our exploration reveals there's a ledge overlooking the tentacles. However, we don't have any freshness left, so it's useless to us.
Tq9t3GA.png

Last ditch ploy. I'll try kick this one in the nuts, hope it goes berserk and they beat eachother up for me.
GHWNgPG.png

Yeah, that didn't happen.
v775ErF.png

Well, that was a totally fair and balanced mission.
QNNaMn7.png

Yep. Not salty about this at all. No sir.
K8RmyCS.png

lightbane

Arcane
Lightbane gets to punch one out. Fun fact, Bugeyes don't normally get a punch attack, so this is probably the only way to get wrestler titles for a bugeye.
I get to use melee attacks in an astral realm!! I cast fist!?
Bah! I suppose that makes sense, but it makes that herder staff way less impressive.
There's a prison for ghosts in XCF, funnily enough.
The tentacle mission is new enough that it's not in the online wiki yet, and it's misleading: I had the impression you had to stun the thing, not go Ripley on its ass.
And 3 of them to boot. And you lost the ship despite being placed in the hideout.
Unbalanced or trollish mission, to the point I would say you should reload and say it doesn't count.
Assume that was Aziri's mushroom induced fantasy or something.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
The tentacle mission is new enough that it's not in the online wiki yet, and it's misleading: I had the impression you had to stun the thing, not go Ripley on its ass.
Yeah, I was going to look it up and see if I could imagine any strategies, or even what the reward was, but no dice.

There are a few other "gnome solo" missions, but this one seems harder.
After a while it occurs to me I can use NV mode to see better. Quite helpful in this place.
I prefer increased brightness with ctrl+end (it doesn't wash out the colors, and shadowrealms look kinda cool). I think the game even officially recommends this somewhere.

I do like shadowrealms missions. They play pretty different to most other missions, without being super tedious or anything (at least not this one, there are others that are quite tedious).

std::namespace

> knows how blue shields work
> brings gayass charm wand
> dies
> big mad

lol

Damned Registrations

Daze was 10% iirc. I forget what bio and chem were at, but I was under the assumption that the whole point of the mission was to capture a single hive alive. Next time we go in will certainly be a different arsenal...

Damned Registrations

Next time we go in will certainly be a different arsenal...
set it on fire, i wanna see if regenerating shields extinguish it
I've tested that before actually, the fire keeps going, damaging the shields over time. The damage is pretty trivial though.

Unbalanced or trollish mission, to the point I would say you should reload and say it doesn't count.
I'm actually inclined to agree in this case, that was clearly a torll mission. However, unlike SOME PEOPLE I'm not savescumming on this run. Our last backup save is the one from before the update, which was way too long ago. Aziri gets to enjoy life as a tantacle monster pet.

Speaking of which...

If this is the only reward for capturing one of those things, the mission is even more of a troll than I thought. Utterly insane.
DVqu8UL.png

Seems to be part of the update.
iJ0Iqkm.png

Not sure where to get these, I'm assuming we need to buy the licenses? I'll probably try to check one out. They'd be a fair bit more useful than the peasant versions.
sJNBKiU.png

Huh. Thought these wouldn't spawn any more. Seems we got our chance to get a warchief still!
dSNrdrK.png

We've got a tesla cannon mounted on our fighter now, but no ammo because it needs to repair before reloading. Still, we won without taking damage. Nice!
gHGn1Q2.png

Bit of research while we move items to prepare for the mission. This one might actually be decent if it can fit the bomb slot on a fragile fighter craft.
mNAPIIy.png

Ripoff! All this let us do is trade the robes for glamour, and only 2 a piece at that. Bah.
on77E4D.png

I geared our people up for the chem weather, but I guess it doesn't apply to their crashed ships. Cool. Would make this a lot easier to do earlier in the game before power armour... except you'd have no way to shoot this thing down back then.
wdv23hV.png

Hopefully we don't just incinerate the warchief with reaction shots.
V3CuKJI.png

Ship interior is roomy. I like it!
nl4aDMt.png

Warchief spotted. Now that we have daze minibombs and know they slip through blue shields, capturing him is trivial.
uxhrmco.png

These fucking chrysalids are still terrifying though. This one got put down by Francesca in the bio tank, thankfully. Instant kill attacks are even more bullshit when your units have power armour. I've been checking and only the Syns and perhaps the hermit outfit are immune to it.
zu5ui8P.png

Another close call. I couldn't tell for sure but our shields MIGHT have saved Lenneth from becoming monster chow here. I got a message about shields blocking damage right at the end of turn, but the camera didn't shift to the attack, so it might have just been someone on fire or something.
orIGY7f.png

Speaking of being on fire... with the blitzgal upgrade and the crystal skull, Gandalf is a monster now. We easily recover way more TUs than spent when firing the book. With the cigars too, our only real limit to firepower in a round is energy spent, and the book doesn't use terribly much. We could probably zap like 8 different people while repositioning in a single turn if they were fairly close together.
1awYi3E.png

Their ship doesn't have doors, but there is this convenient hole in the side of it for easy tank access! Very nice. The central lift is the important one, it visits every floor.
9mWLLsp.png

Another scare. I'm not sure but I think they can even one shot a tank.
GD7Y3kD.png

And no, I'm not being whiny and overly cautious. We did, in fact, lose someone. Who's that pokemon?!
709D5gs.png

Not even sure how it happened. The thing either ran out of that building, which we had surrounded for quite a few turns, or out of the ship. Not really much we could have done aside from move in overlapping spearwalls or something for 30 turns.
CQULTSg.png

Dunno about you, but if I design a spaceship, I don't think I'm including a tank sized access lift to the command centre. Seems like a a security flaw.
0qbwoWW.png

Well, that's that done. Decent loot at least, certainly better than the pogrom. Just realized they don't have helleriium. Weird.
K3Uow8H.png

Managed to get both the warchief and a couple beastmasters. Hopefully it was worth it.
yl9CY2m.png

:hero:

RIP Sweet prince. You killed a hell of a lot of sons of bitches. And no, we can't bring him back, getting zombified counts as a lost body. We could make a shade, I suppose.
UJmoDry.png

Fucking hell, isn't this the one we did already? I haven't even used the beauty formula from the last mission yet. I'm leery of playing 'catgirls vs cyberdiscs' again. Maybe should recruit a pile of those assault catgirls from thebes just for these witch missions as suicide soldiers? Even then, it could get a lot uglier than last time, when we lucked out and killed their higher ranked units ASAP.
3TvE2YP.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
If this is the only reward for capturing one of those things, the mission is even more of a troll than I thought. Utterly insane.
DVqu8UL.png
This is actually really good. +10 bravery training, +10 bravery bonus, and +10 freshness is really good on a vehicle pilot. The stamina might even be relevant on some craft, but not sure a mere +10 is enough to allow for an extra shot.

Does mean you have to take them alive of course.
Fucking hell, isn't this the one we did already? I haven't even used the beauty formula from the last mission yet. I'm leery of playing 'catgirls vs cyberdiscs' again. Maybe should recruit a pile of those assault catgirls from thebes just for these witch missions as suicide soldiers? Even then, it could get a lot uglier than last time, when we lucked out and killed their higher ranked units ASAP.
The witch quests repeat endlessly. Personally I didn't really like any of them enough to do multiple times.

Damned Registrations

Hmm, so these are like, shadowrealm books? Nice!
aAqLpAQ.png

Some useful info here. Will be sure to try that half-light vision next time we're there.
DmUNRdF.png

Oh, just kill a bunch of gods? Sure, no problem.
9j6JXqk.png

Well, hopefully the dream shards we got are enough, I don't really want to repeat that mission. It wasn't difficult, but neither did it seem terribly profitable.
V3yqoL1.png

Oh yeah, gnome armour that dies to a shotgun, that sounds like just what I want. :roll:
Tkq0yPf.png

New witch quest! I skipped the last one, but this seems more up our alley.
GjMjLKH.png

Good weapons sounds like a reward in and of itself.
SFAkHEJ.png

Bah. Castle we can't bring a large crew to apparently. Also, bugeyes apparently count as 'strong'. Shame, they'd have been great vs bandits.
03JfXDO.png

Dioxine, apparently, doesn't count as 'strong.' If there's anything here that can survive the mammoth shotgun I'll eat my hat.
vxDNA6S.png

Yeah... that's not a threat.
fhTYwHM.png

More dangerous, especialy for the catgirls, since it's got spotter and so can react fire even when they're hiding.
sSWFIae.png

Map is fairly large, but so is our 'castle'. We've got one entrance, and it's at the corner of a giant room. This is a shooting gallery.
r49p3Sb.png

Sadly, I didn't bring many guns suitable for a shooting gallery, sicne the catgirls are kind of shit at that. Still, we should be fine, and we can mince them in the stairwells if it comes to that. Also, these apples better not be my reward.
x1ZjLBw.png

The only weapon in this place is this glowy bat. We can't even club people with it. Ugh.
bl9JzMe.png

Aside from the horde of catgirls, we also brought 2 ratmeisters, our healer and 2 hounds with shields.
r2VrNNw.png

Shield didn't completely hold off their attacks, but it kept our tank alive. Also, their own quad killed like 3 of their men. :lol:
ik0gfz1.png

Rats make good cannon fodder as well. Throw them in close to the door and the enemy will stop to fire instead of walking further in to spot us.
mIzKFwg.png

Weird quirk of the shotgun is I didn't get to see who the hell we were shooting, as the camera centered on Dio every time he fired.
qWPaRiC.png

One of the upper floors allowed for picking off enemies further out. It really is a very strong defensive position.
NXYcyXT.png

Took a while since we had to popamole a lot and the enemies only entered like 2 per turn, but I'd gladly repeat this mission in the future.
S5vZ1Ot.png

Turn 10 was when the enemies started freaking out mind you, not when it ended. One of them demonstrated why staying on the roof and going faster would have been a bad idea: some of these shitheads are armed with rocket launchers.
0Zhr5iN.png

Another angle we can pick them off from, though the windowframes made the shots awkward.
EUb4TE8.png

Despite having killed some 30 odd people already, this dude is still pretty confident. I'm guessing they have a boss out there somewhere.
0EJLQrD.png

Mammoth ran out of shells so we had to switch over to a laser weapon. I wouldn't bring these in a second attempt; giving them light sources isn't worth the extra ammo capacity. Thankfully Dio is plenty accurate and doesn't set his feet on fire.
1doRYKx.png

One of the catgirls is rocking the Fatty though; the synthsuit gives her just enough strength for it. Took out plenty of enemies over here. We did get shot at a couple times though.
64NlsEH.png

Catgirls running out of freshness; morale isn't an issue thanks to the killing, but they can't popamole each turn with their energy recovery gimped.
uapRjDS.png

Finally the enemies are thinned out enough to leave the castle and hunt stragglers. I give a kill or two to the dogs for fun.
zBxsUUp.png

Even the rats get in on the fun. Though this one got punched for it's efforts.
TIooPMO.png

Last enemy was a raider with a cannon. I thought we'd be fine letting the doggo handle him, but failed to notice the barrels nearby, which chain reacted and killed the dog. RIP Lady.
Bsmjfvr.png

85 enemies. Wowzers. Also, we took a 500 rep hit for a dead bystander? Was that a damsel? I feel like damsels aren't worth so much. I hope we didn't lose some awesome rare recruit or something.
NZMJZi6.png

Yeah, this was lame loot. That is a ton of zines, which are rarer than the value would suggest... but they don't have much immediate use.
9mvaU6y.png

Seems we can research demonic rituals now? I'll have to rehire some brainers in another base it seems...
ThdgLRu.png

I wonder if this is for the catgirl friendship? Well, we'd be going for it regardless.
IWtnl9T.png

Interesting! We've got a use for both the gold bars and the black cats. It does mean these catgirls won't be the expendable shock troops I was hoping for though...
MIZ2Yez.png

God damn, those are some tempting stat gains. Pretty hard to achieve though; but not impossible. Makes me even more salty over losing Modron and our other decent ogres. Also, that is some rad artwork.
3BQzcu9.png

Make it into a suit and put Slut in it, she'll find a way to break it!
VZh2ntE.png

3500 tokens for this. Better not be shit.
NdxTuN8.png

It's... pretty shit. I mean, it'd be great on that previous mission... which we can't bring gals on. The reaction boost could make certain melee weapons hit hard, or the commando rifle but... totally not worth 0 armour and bad resists.
9G7VrEI.png

Theban catgirls are pretty much what I'd hoped for stats-wise. Gravboots not included (they actually show up in slave gear) but once slapped on you can see they're fulled ready to assault a base and mince people easily.
AcCY887.png

That's... a lot of titles. Several new ones too.
2nwTQIJ.png

I won't share all of them, but this is the biggested one. Those recovery bonuses make them even better as ninjas. They've got excellent nightvission too.
sW2OkAy.png

Ah good, we needed gems. Saphires for the blitz armour, diamond for the cat witch and everything else for bio suits.
OmtBtu1.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom