Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Xbox Allegedly Wants to Speed Up Fallout 5 Launch

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Fallout 4 and 76 are very ugly games. Just ghastly. I really do despise them. I don't want to play another game that looks like this:
they look like those old plastic action figures you could dress up in a little outfits
Not really, they don't look like plastic action figures when you see floating ribs, kidneys, hearts, intestines, eyes and suchlike approaching you, during the game. It's hilarious that they even bothered with a visual editor for the PC, when you can have bugs that completely destroy the design of a character, in-game.
I think it can be found in all but Fallout Shelter, correct me if I'm wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened even in their latest release, 76.

Modron

Arcane
I think the owner of Zero-Sum works for Microsoft/XBOX in some HR role he would probably sell them the rights to PtD if they were at all interested.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm glad I liked Arcanum and PtD more than Fallout.
Well, now M$ also owns the rights to Arcanum too sadly.
I wonder if Tim would be interested to come back from his half-retirement to work on Arcanum 2.

Or on one of the Fallout non-numbered games that MS now badly wants after the success of Fallout tv series.

Tim claims to dislike working on sequels, but he did start design on Arcanum 2 before Troika folded.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
'RPG game' eh? way to make sure I don't click on the link you storyteller blog fools!

Butter

Arcane
Patron
After desecrating Fallout, you want them to destroy Arcanum, please let it die in Peace.
"Arcanum deserves the Diablo 2 Remastered treatment."
"When is Arcanum being released for the Switch?"
"You should be happy for more Arcanum content."

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
After desecrating Fallout, you want them to destroy Arcanum, please let it die in Peace.
"Arcanum deserves the Diablo 2 Remastered treatment."
"When is Arcanum being released for the Switch?"
"You should be happy for more Arcanum content.

The Diablo 2 Remastered effect:

Making slightly better graphics, uglifying female characters, adding more diversity and removing any controversial bits.

Old Hans

Arcane
I wonder if Tim would be interested to come back from his half-retirement to work on Arcanum 2.
those days are long gone. In these days it would fall prey to the horrible corporate design decisions targeted for the bottom of the barrel mass audience

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
I thought most people stopped paying attention to the franchise after the dumpsterfire that F3 was.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
Didn't Arcanum failed/under performed financially the most out of all Troika titles? I know, I know Troika and "success"...
I always thought its totally dead IP and only on Codex you can hear some nostalgia about jew gnomes and blue collar Ogres.

Unwanted

Cologno

Unwanted
Didn't Arcanum failed/under performed financially the most out of all Troika titles? I know, I know Troika and "success"...
I always thought its totally dead IP and only on Codex you can hear some nostalgia about jew gnomes and blue collar Ogres.
No, it's dead, Jim.

We're living in a time where games that have links to Sweet Baby Inc are crashing and burning with their companies folding, yet the Fallout TV show got a pass on all that.
If the TV show flopped, it could've been easily part of the EDG DEI MSG FSG and ABC debate, fuelling some retarded youtuber propagandist grift.

Thank God it's not. So they can't use Fallout TV show as another fuel. So these imbeciles had to re use the base material and now people got bored.

Hydro

Educated
Are you telling me that fanfic joke of a Fallout tv show was successful?

Sub-Human

Novice
InXile has had no experience releasing an open world FPS adventure game. They're busy with their Arcanum-Bioshock RPG reboot but no telling how good it'll be.
Obsidian's experience in the last 10 years was... Outer Worlds. We don't know how Avowed will turn out.

Why would Microsoft put the franchise at risk with either of these companies?
Especially when Bethesda's last 2 releases have been abysmal.
IMHO the smartest thing would be to release a spin-off. Maybe one of those multiplayer Battle Royale with some levelling mechanic. You don't need an experienced dev team to do it.

Obsidian's experience in the last 10 years was... Outer Worlds
1. Pillars of Eternity (Saved them from being dissolved)
2. Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire (Commercially flopped, but decent RPG to say the least)
3. Grounded (15 Million players, a commercial success)
4. The Outer World (commercial success, "generally considered a good RPG")

The last 10 years was about making their own IP (up until they got bought by Microsoft).

The Outer Worlds 2 is natural conclusion to TOW commercial success. I'd wager Avowed is XBOX mandated project because Free market demanded it. Same case with Clockwork Revolution (InXile), especially weird when Wasteland 3 was a commercial success.

God Bless Corporate America. God Bless out own true God, Free Market hu Akbar bin Christus. God Bless America. May God of Capitalism guide our hand and save our bottom line.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom