Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

Funposter

Arcane
Wow that's really cool actually. Not being able to talk to anyone as a vampire really makes it unusable in MW.
It helps, but the whole vampirism feature seems as if it was an afterthought. Cool to have options, I guess, but it's in dire need of a complete overhaul.
The biggest vampire overhauls are pretty LARPy, and also a remnant of Morrowind modding pre-2010s and MWSE. They're very script-heavy and therefore drain performance, and are prone to crashing. Vampire Embrace is a good example, and because it uses MWScript to get around issues with greetings, it then makes quests that also use MWScript to bypass greeting bug out. It's cool in theory to be able to embrace an NPC and turn them into a follower, use powers to make mortals do your bidding, etc. but it ends up getting in the way of just...playing the game. Doing quests and stuff, actually progressing with the story.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yes, I'm playing with vampire embrace. So far is the unique which made vampirism playable which is working and not heavily bugged.

Funposter

Arcane
Yes, I'm playing with vampire embrace. So far is the unique which made vampirism playable which is working and not heavily bugged.
I think you'll be alright just playing vanilla, but conflicts begin to appear in more heavily modded playthroughs. I know that I encountered a few problems with quests in Tamriel Rebuilt.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm playing with only hardcore mode + vampire embrace.

Anyway, the mod made morrowind so much harder that Golden Saints are OHKilling my lv 23 Breton with its racial defensive ability and full glass armor at light armor skill level 60 and a bit more than 220 hp.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom