Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

deuxhero

Arcane
Tamriel Rebuilt claiming it's aiming for its next release at the end of the month, but openly says it will likely miss it.
http://archive.ph/g8HIm

Sigourn
Eh, I'd agree with a newer game, many Skyrim mods outright require US(LE)P, but most of Morrowind's mods were made a long, long time ago and have no hope of ever being updated.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Thinly veiled attempt to get people asking for mod list detected.

Nah, it wasn't playable, not even worth trying and I deleted the whole folder anyway. I think I had a series of gameplay nerf mods stacked on top of one another and it was literally impossible.

Anyway about 10 hours into a new loadout using BTB's game improvements I've decided to uninstall that and delete the character. I was actually having fun with the mod until I came to the realization that my spellsword character would never be capable of casting really anything decent. BTB nerfs magic way too hard, magic birthsigns only give 1x int magicka which means that max pool is 200 at 100 int which, after the nerfs to spellmaking and purchased spells translates to some trivial shit like casting a few weak fireballs or conjuring one fucking bonelord for a few seconds.

Disappointing because I was enjoying the challenge for a bit but realizing that my character was basically not viable blows

DraQ

Arcane
Nah, it wasn't playable, not even worth trying and I deleted the whole folder anyway. I think I had a series of gameplay nerf mods stacked on top of one another and it was literally impossible.
Other than bloat which is always awful and no learn by use it doesn't look too different from what Requiem does to Skyrim.

Anyway about 10 hours into a new loadout using BTB's game improvements I've decided to uninstall that and delete the character. I was actually having fun with the mod until I came to the realization that my spellsword character would never be capable of casting really anything decent. BTB nerfs magic way too hard, magic birthsigns only give 1x int magicka which means that max pool is 200 at 100 int which, after the nerfs to spellmaking and purchased spells translates to some trivial shit like casting a few weak fireballs or conjuring one fucking bonelord for a few seconds.
Because BTB's is turds. The author had a few good ideas but then got overwhelmed by his urge to mod everything and disallow everything he vaguely suspects might potentially be useful in a cheese of some kind.

BTB effectively turns Morrowind into vanilla Skyrim, only worse.

You don't improve freedom based game by removing freedom.

Also tasty beneficial raw glass noms.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
After much hard work and many challenges I have FINALLY completed my greatest work in all of morrowind:

UpwJ2tE.jpg

DjzYpVE.jpg

Stealing the sexy dancing bitches for my stronghold!

:yeah:

Puukko

Arcane
What is up with that dude's voice? It's cool that someone is dedicated to making these videos but that's just grating.

I've been growing an interest in replaying Morrowind for a good part of this summer and may actually get to it relatively soon. Morrowind is definitely an autumn game for me, possibly due to the color palette. I know it would be a heavily modded playthrough so gotta be in the mood to get all that done in one go.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IcTlsT7nns&ab_channel=MorrowindModdingShowcases
There is indeed a Morrowind trend. Even in terms of qualities, it has improved enormously in recent years.

Pretty interesting. I haven't paid attention in a couple of years. Are there any particularly worthwhile ones that have been released in the past few years? Usually I just do a clean install every few years and reinstall some old favourites from lists like BTB's (not his own mod, just others from his list) or Empirical Morrowind, but these are rather outdated. Any recent highlights? Or is it mainly tweaks to the graphics?

Crazy thing is that Rise of House Telvanni + Uvirith's Grave + Uvirith's Legacy is pretty much better than anything in the base game. The quests are fucking awesome and your stronghold ends up being really cool

I had great fun with these a couple of years ago. I agree they're good, if a little over-the-top with cheesy dialogue sometimes. The Uvirith manor also turns into some kind of hip-hop star's mansion. Still, it's great fun actually wielding power, destroying other guilds, etc. Despite some reservations, I will say the content absolutely outshines that of the expansions.

zapotec

Liturgist
i removed the telvanni mods when i found the palantir in that tower.
Total immersion breaker for me :positive:

Kaethar

Educated
Crazy thing is that Rise of House Telvanni + Uvirith's Grave + Uvirith's Legacy is pretty much better than anything in the base game. The quests are fucking awesome and your stronghold ends up being really cool
Thanks for that Rise of House Telvanni mod, I've done both Mage's Guild and Telvanni in my current playthrough and it bothered me that even though I'm the leader of both factions, there's no interaction, the Telvanni don't even react to you being the leader of the Mage's Guild despite the fact that they supposedly hate them. I would have loved a couple diplomacy options like basically calling peace if you join the Telvanni while being the Arch-Mage or being able to fuck over the other faction to gain a monopoly on magic or something like that. I'll settle with getting a couple decisions to make as an Arch-Magister though.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
I remember her. I think she is some kind of leftover from the old ROHT, which supposedly had a lot more modder cancer like that. The most annoying thing is that she is walking around in Tel Mora from the beginning of the game without any dialogue until you need her for the ROHT quest line. So I kept thinking: who is this, which mod added her, what's the point of her?

Magitex

Educated
I'm hoping OpenMW gets some VR support eventually. I am gonna load up tamriel rebuilt, and probably another 600 other mods and never leave my room again. I can't believe VR is not a thing yet for Morrowind.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
By the way, speaking of faction leader post-game stuff, does anyone have experience with Grandmaster of Hlaalu? I did a clean install of MW. On my last playthrough, I did the Telvanni thing, wiping out the Imperials with ROHT about a year ago, so now it's time to be a goody two-shoes Imperial puppet again. I'm mainly trying to play the vanilla game without too many quest or dialogue mods, but it would be nice to have something to do after becoming Grandmaster. So is this mod any good? I noticed it mentions kicking out the Camonna Tong - any evil options?

prengle

Savant
By the way, speaking of faction leader post-game stuff, does anyone have experience with Grandmaster of Hlaalu? I did a clean install of MW. On my last playthrough, I did the Telvanni thing, wiping out the Imperials with ROHT about a year ago, so now it's time to be a goody two-shoes Imperial puppet again. I'm mainly trying to play the vanilla game without too many quest or dialogue mods, but it would be nice to have something to do after becoming Grandmaster. So is this mod any good? I noticed it mentions kicking out the Camonna Tong - any evil options?

i havent played it myself (lol who actually joins house hlaalu) but its an old mod, ive heard from a few people over the years that its not exactly well designed and that its incredibly buggy. hlaalu business by gavrilo adds a couple extra quests for hlaalu players but if you want a big hlaalu addon like lgnpc pax redoran or rise of house telvanni, youre shit out of luck, the modding community hasnt given them much love over the years

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
TR probably has the best Hlaalu quests. They too have a presence around Old Ebonheart iirc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom