Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your Fav SP Games that you've PLAYED in the Past 2 yrs

Carceri

Arcane
Fallout 1+2, Arcanum, VTM:B, Planescape, SMAC, Disciples 1+2. From these Arcanum I played the most.

pipka

Savant
VTMB = just to try the latest patch
Arcanum = as usual get to Tarant, ran around and uninstall
JA2, TOEE and BG2 = mod the hell out of them; play like for 1 hour(where 5 minutes is actual playing and the rest is exiting the game and fiddling with mod setting) and uninstalling
UT and UT2004
GTA SA = it's fun ( Radio X <3 )
SMACX

Zomg

Arbiter
Speaking of Doom 3, I hope the audio log cliche is done after the Bioshock sequels. A few are fine but actually making it like a main vector for narrative is dumb and requires crazy retard levels of suspension of taste.

Favorite shit I played for the first time in the last two years: Uhh I guess JA2 with various 1.13 mods? I think I've only played it clean before that.

Was MotB 07 or 08? If 08 then MotB also.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Planescape: Torment (last replay two years ago), Fallout (last replay last year), Alpha Centauri (last replay yesterday).

So list them. Also, make a distinction between those which you played for the first time and those which you merely replayed. (I should have required the distinction to be made from the beginning. But whatthehell I was in an almost braindead state last night.)

Joghurt

Augur
Deus Ex (I think I replayed it twice in the last two years)
Deus Ex IW (tried to give it a second chance, but ended up uninstalling it after 2 hours)
Thief, Thief 2 (played them for the first time EVER...and was kinnda angry that I didn't buy those when they came out. Truly great games)
Thief 3 Deadly Shadows (didn't like it)
Fallout 1
Fallout 3
Splinter Cell (wanted to replay because of the CIA HQ mission - it's awesome. Haven't played Pandora Tomorrow - Is it any good ?)
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (probably best in the series)
ME1 (meh)
ME2 (meh)
Dragon Age (meh)
Sins of the Solar Empire (don't know what all the fuss was about - didn't like it)

I probably played a lot of other games too, but can't remember. Probably because they were shit.

Some of mine would include:

TES: Arena (played for the first time ever; hadn't even played Daggerfall; I didn't actually finish Arena, 'cause it became too easy about half-way through the game, but the first half of the game was great, classic-level stuff for the beginner; probably not as much fun if you've already played Daggerfall, for example)

Dungeon Master: Return to Chaos (the Win port; I hadn't played DM at all previously; an atmospheric dungeon puzzle game; I love the primitive dungeon tile set, much better than the DM2 tile set)

Two Worlds (just awesome once you get into it, assuming you don't spoil the experience by pillaging thru random dungeons; incidentally, the same qualification applies to playing Arena and Daggerfall)

The best old Wizardry for beginners is probably Bane of the Cosmic Forge. It has a great oldschool-dungeon beginning. I'm going to actually play the game soon, instead of just trying it out. I feel itz coming. A must try game, even if you hated the beginnings of W7 (as I did) and W8 (as I did not).

Morkar Left

Mount & Blade

Europa Universalis III

CIV 4

Ultima 5 Lazarus

Gothic 2

Fallout 3 with FWE (if looting and scavenging is fun for you, you will enjoy it besides illogical places and stupid dialogs)

Gothic 3 with CP + QP (don´t use the voicepack even if your german!)

Two Wolrds (on hard with little stat tweaks at the start)

X3 The threat (sadly only worthwhile if it get fixed with the right mods/scripts)

ffe d3d (only tested, waiting for a "full" release)

Two Worlds Pinball

Evochron Legends (a game with really great potential but the ability to use your jumpdrive everytime instantly, the illogical factionsystem and the getting attacked while docked at the station makes it only fun for shooting things for a couple of hours)

NWN2 SoZ + Dark Waters

Second failed attempt playing the NWN2-Maincampaign

EDIT: Totally forgot Space Rangers 2 (awesome)

Krash

Arcane
Played some old shooters I missed back in the days

The best one, even fun by modern standards, is Unreal. Really love both the enemies and the often non-linear level design. Once you get past the mines immediately after your cashed ship, the game become seriously awesome.

EDIT: almost forgot Clive Barker's Undying. Really nice game, though it should have been less linear. I expected to be able to explore the big house freely, but nope. Also, some parts are a bit long.

Tried unreal 2 too, was p shitty, not much in common with the first

bgillisp

Scholar
Last two years? Oh, boy. Here we go...

Avernum (the 1st one)
Heroes of Might and Magic 5 (the two expansions)
Bioshock (worst 4 days of my life, playing that garbage)
Kings Bounty
A Tale of Two Kingdoms (its freeware, play it if you like adventure games)
Mask of the Betrayer
Storm of Zephr (sp?)
Xcom (replayed)
Fantasy Wars
Elven Legacy
Diablo II (finally played a SP game through for the first time)

Also started a game of Hired Guns but gave up and decied I'll just go play JA2 again instead. What awful difficulty balancing!

Also many console games like Final Fantasy Tatics A2, Fire Emblem, Eternal Odessy II, Devil Survivor, Persona 4, etc...

I need a life

Melcar

Arcane
Last 2 years? Hmm:

- Risen
- Drakensang
- Fallout 1&2
- ToEE w/ Co8
- PS:T w/ fixes and tweaks
- BG 1&2
- Deus Ex
- Thief
- The Dark Mod

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom