Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your most hated video game character

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hard to choose between Moira from "Fallout" 3 and Carth from KotOR.

Nevermind, it's every single character from "Star Control" 3. Especially the Ploxis.

rado907

Savant
Not most hated, but definitely didn't like the whiny protagonist from Prey from 10 years ago.

Freddie

Savant
Certain gnome in Arcanum, but at least my party ripped the little nosy cunt to fucking pieces.
Some captured dwarf in Shadowrun: Dragonfall. Turned out to be asshole. Problem kinda solved itself though.

Kai Leng in ME3, just bad, terrible. Actually I hate the writer.
'Star Child' in ME3. So you wanna me to pick a colour? No... no, no. Lemme introduce you to this portable blender instead.

pippin

. As for Imoen, I'd have to agree with Azrael, Imoen is fucking waifu material in comparison to Aerie

But Arie you can just ignore. Imoen not so.

Greatest dick move in the BG series imo. Also shows us how lazy the narrative designers were in the main quest. You don't really notice how shit the main narrative is in BG2 because it's filled with small interesting bits and pieces, though.

Certain gnome in Arcanum, but at least my party ripped the little nosy cunt to fucking pieces.
Some captured dwarf in Shadowrun: Dragonfall. Turned out to be asshole. Problem kinda solved itself though.

Kai Leng in ME3, just bad, terrible. Actually I hate the writer.
'Star Child' in ME3. So you wanna me to pick a colour? No... no, no. Lemme introduce you to this portable blender instead.

I've always killed the dorf in DF, actually. Can't trust a guy who is suddenly there.
The Star Child was an interesting concept executed like shit. Kai Leng is worse imo, not even deviant art comes with shit like that.

Freddie

Savant
The Star Child was an interesting concept executed like shit. Kai Leng is worse imo, not even deviant art comes with shit like that.
I seriously wonder if it really was just something for dramatic effect. Kid in the start, in dreams and in the end, could have worked, yeah. Innocence, hope, future, but no... I don't think they had anything coherent going on there.

Edit:

If it's considered from perspective of what was lost, innocence, hope, future maybe, but it's kinda pointless in sense of C&C. Or might work in a film, but in a game, what's the point? It's also actually a question if we see potential, even patterns because we try to rationalise, which doesn't mean there actually is anything.

Last edited:

pippin

I seriously wonder if it really was just something for dramatic effect. Kid in the start, in dreams and in the end, could have worked, yeah. Innocence, hope, future, but no... I don't think they had anything coherent going on there.

Actually I think linking the kid to the one in the beginning was a mistake. Imagine have the Starchild representing someone from a bigger power, bigger than anything else in the game. That could have been a better hook for the sequel.

Freddie

Savant

Actually I think linking the kid to the one in the beginning was a mistake. Imagine have the Starchild representing someone from a bigger power, bigger than anything else in the game. That could have been a better hook for the sequel.
There was that thing that Mac Walters was tired of Mass Effect, he stated that much in one interview before release. Maybe he felt that he was going from games to Hollywood (LOL). What happened was that he ended writing ME comics before getting position in ME4 team.

Anyway, they weren't aiming for sequel which makes this scenario bit difficult to debate and there were many ways they could have done better to leave room for sequel. Perhaps easiest one would have been to not mess up the Citadel.

Child or anything presenting bigger power than ever seen in series... depends. I don't think BW handled the Reapers very well. They were very powerful enemies but BW wanted to focus on Cerberus which turned out to be indoctrinated. I think that idea too looked good on paper, but then we know how it went.

Then if it were presented bigger power in sense of some sort of idea, maybe. Issues I see are that while it were saved them from scenario where even bigger power than Reapers were introduced to universe, when they couldn't even handle the Reapers and that in physical sense some sort of structure, one more powerful than other is just silly. It still leaves to debate how players feel about different ideas tough, or that would actually require skill.

Last edited:

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
nortonmapessmall.jpg

What the fuck was his deal?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Nevermind, it's every single character from "Star Control" 3. Especially the Ploxis.

SC3 is crap, but not all of its characters are hatable. I do share in your hate for the Owa and Clairconctlar, though.

As for my most hated? An odd choice, but the fucker has earned his place over the years: Vlad the Annihilator from Carmageddon.

hqdefault.jpg

This numbskull of a barbarian drives the fastest car in the game (top speed is just above 500 mph) but it's a car built to just go straight - it couldn't even turn around the Moon if it needed to. Nevertheless no other car has been the death of me, spoiled my plans or just been a general pain in the ass than this one. I cherish every moment when I wreck that car of his, and have learned to keep a wary eye out for him.

Last edited:

Freddie

Savant
That's the flaw of sci fi which aims for scientific accuracy... Leaves little room for creativity (and fun tbh fam). Andromeda was conceived as a new project, with a new setting and new characters right from the start, but they are acting like the original trilogy never happened in the first place....
Well, what comes to ME I agree to disagree here. I don't see issues of ME3 (or BW in general) has much to do with scientific accuracy, or so called 'lore'. They painted themselves into a corner because they were.. BW.

baturinsky

Arcane
Every single character in Far Cry 4. I didn't meet one character I didn't want to kill. Special mention goes to the female rebel leader who starts screaming about being a child bride just because you burned down a opium field. To which I had the reaction of "Do I look like I give a fucking shit?".
I did not actively hate them, but I have just ceased playing when I got to the point of choosing which of them three to side with, because I disliked them equally.

DramaticPopcorn

Not most hated, but the most annoying - Mud from Old Camp in first Gothic. Beating him up is always such a relief.

HOLY SHIT

you can kill Mud and no one gives a fuck?

Hm, I remember getting attacked in responce for fighting him, I guess you need to endure it for a time before being able to kill him on sight, or maybe advance in the ranks.

I remember I lured him where nobody saw us and provoked him to hit me, then back off in the public and guards saw him attacking me and beat him up then I finished him off.
Gothic, the true sociopath simulator

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Not most hated, but the most annoying - Mud from Old Camp in first Gothic. Beating him up is always such a relief.

HOLY SHIT

you can kill Mud and no one gives a fuck?

Hm, I remember getting attacked in responce for fighting him, I guess you need to endure it for a time before being able to kill him on sight, or maybe advance in the ranks.

I remember I lured him where nobody saw us and provoked him to hit me, then back off in the public and guards saw him attacking me and beat him up then I finished him off.
Gothic, the true sociopath simulator

I'm not the only one who killed him in cold blood with the guards gazing from afar? I truly can call this place home.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Minsc pops to mind quite quickly. Always hated that fucking retard.

He's been mentioned in here a few times. I was OK with Minsc, but I wish they hadn't tried to wedge in the attempts at comedy with him. He would have been much better as a very solemn character I think. Boo could have been a beloved mascot/familiar without having to be a fucking giant miniature space hamster, or whatever the fuck he called it.

There were some fun goofy moments in both BG games, without having to be that retarded.

Starwars

Arcane
Neeshka is a thousand times better than Elanee, the creepy elf-druid...

That game has its share of annoying characters though. Casavir, Bishop, Grobnar... oh lawd.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom