Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Harthwain

Magister
In short: 2D pixel art survival game in post-apocalyptic world inspired by S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (as stated by the developer) and similar to Escape from Tarkov.

Interesting features (in no particular order):

• Maps are procedurally generated but with points of interest manually created, which is supposed to stimulate exploration and ensure replayability.
  • Inventory system takes into account the size and weight of each object. The transportable weight is not much and it will be up to the player to decide what to take and what to leave, according to his needs.
  • You can customize almost every part of the weapon: stock, pistol grip, barrel, scope, handguard, muzzle brake, laser, torch.
  • Searching items takes time (you "find" items one by one). Eating takes time. This means you have to be careful, because if someone manages to get a jump on you, you will be at a disadvantage as you won't have your weapon at the ready.
  • Anomalies are present.
  • There is radiation, hunger, bleeding, etc.
  • The combat appears to be deadly (one bullet can take as much as half of your total health bar) and you need to have a line of sight in order to actually see enemies. Also, it looks like stealth will be a possibility, since enemies don't have a total knowledge of your presence either and can investigate sounds (such as gunfire).
  • Looks like night and day cycle is a thing.

All in all this looks like the game for the fans of games such as S.T.A.L.K.E.R the like in mind.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
:hmmm:

The Escape from Tarkov looting and weapon customization mechanics in a top down 2D game? OK...

I am sick of pixel graphics, though other than that it might be interesting - provided that dev(s) actually manages to deliver something with enough depth. I dont have any expectations from this in any case, might just as well turn out to be another indie release with vaguely interesting premise that fails to provide good enough gameplay to warrant the 12-15 euro bucks that it will probably cost.

Acrux

Arcane

This released into early access this week. Looks interesting. I don't know if it looks good, but it looks interesting.

vibehunter

Learned
I tried this. It's fun and all the expected elements from a Tarkov/STALKER style game are there. But it's difficult to justify putting a lot of time into a cheap looking pixel version of it when I have real STALKER already with its endless mods.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1782120/view/3638378603314714942
Developer Update 2023 Vol.1
January Update
Hunters,

We hope you have all managed to survive so far in Zakov and had a good holiday in your bunker. We are back and bringing you the New Year Edition of the developer update!

1865b297124da97582aaa06905a5a622841d9778.png

As we mentioned in the previous blog, Zakov is becoming an even more dangerous place as you'll now start to encounter emissions from time to time. The upcoming Update 0.28 will (radioactively) rain on you right next week!

Upcoming Patch
Content Update 0.28 Preview - Live Next Week

Game engine update
We've updated the game engine from Game Maker 2.2.5 to Game Maker LTS which enables further opportunities for us to make changes to the game in the future.

Emission
Why are all the crows flying away? What is that sound from afar? Are you hallucinating?

ZERO-Sievert-Emission-1.gif

Radioactive Rain
Nowhere to run, nowhere to go, radioactive rain is down upon you!! Will you accept your death, or will you fight it?

ZERO-Sievert-Radioactive-Rain-1.gif

QoL Improvement Highlights:
As always, we cannot express how much we appreciate everyone’s feedback, feel free to send us more in our Discord, Twitter or elsewhere. You are helping us to make a better game for you!

• We heard you loud and clear, and we prioritised the key binding overhaul so more players could enjoy the game in their own settings. You can now rebind any actions to almost any keys on your keyboard and mouse!
  • What is a barman if they can’t provide you food and drinks? Barman now can refill your hunger and thirst!
    2a91e5ae0e79bb81517f4063f773c0f8faacf337.png

• Where did all the money you spent on healing and repairing go? Is there any embezzlement involved? Not anymore! Money spent for healing and repair will increase the global trader owned currency.
  • Drinking and eating in bunker is now instant.
  • Looted containers now appear grey-out when looting.
    804b7b804bc2544d034de13bc7b8ecf7d938d38a.png

• And a lot more!

Luca Cornernera
Q: What will the game look like in 2023?
Luca: This is a very difficult question! We have features planned for almost all of 2023 so expect the game to change a lot during this period. I cannot share anything too specific right now, but we are eager to share more information with you when we can!

Q: How was your holiday? Any good gifts?
Luca: My holiday was very good. Although I did nothing and just spent time with my family and friends. Easy question! My girlfriend gifted me this, it’s so cool!

59687d87d54c5b6e5defd798fa495341bdc8bb37.jpg

Q: We are in 2023 now, any new year resolutions?
Luca: Not really, I usually don’t plan any resolutions for new year

Final Words
Update 0.28 will go live on Steam
next week
. If you want to take a sneak peek at what the new update has to offer, tune in this Thursday at 4PM GMT on our Twitch channel as we show off the new content. Also be sure to keep your eyes out for coverage from some of your favourite creators as certain influencers will be getting access over the weekend!

We hope you continue to survive and contribute to making Zakov a better place, one way or another. We will see you next time!

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1782120/view/3638381592957626706
Update 0.29 | Patch Notes
Difficulty Settings
Hunters!

As we mentioned in the developer update last week, update 0.29 brings you some major changes, predominantly the addition of difficulty settings and customisation controls. You can find the full patchnotes below.
Major Update 0.29
Current savegame compatibility: compatible*

*The existing save files will load the "Survivor" difficulty preset.

youtube_16x9_placeholder.gif

8bf329f92c5c084bbd28c5046ed712b9b6e4813a.png

New Features
Reworked main menu
Difficulty Settings

Difficulty Preset
  • Rookie
  • Survivor*
  • Hunter
*The existing save files will load the "Survivor" difficulty preset.

Customisable Difficulty Settings

Trading
  • Sell multiplier
  • Item quantity
  • Trader's money
  • Prices for the following categories of items: Weapons, Armour, Backpacks, Ammunition, Medication.
Loot
  • Items amount in chests
  • Amount of a single item
  • Minimum weapon durability for dropped weapons
  • Maximum weapon durability for dropped weapons
  • Whether NPCs drop armour or not
  • NPC ammo amount
Progression
  • Character health
  • Minimum transportable weight
  • Hunger/thirst decay rate
  • Reputation multiplier
  • Skill experience multiplier
  • Reputation for quests
  • Roubles from quests
  • Items from quests
  • NPC service price
Enemies
  • Human enemy health values
  • Human enemy damage dealt
  • Mutant enemy health values
  • Mutant enemy damage dealt
Hardcore: Customise what items to lose upon death.
  • Lose equipment
  • Lose ammo
  • Lose medications
  • Lose consumables
  • Lose keys
  • Lose all items not included in the above categories
  • Permadeath (save file will be deleted after death)
  • Note
    : If a player has lost all items, Barman will offer them some starting items to help them begin again.
168955f7471e2446ac4282209b4901a9b4ef21bf.png

Gameplay Changes and Quality of Life Improvements
  • A new feature has been added which allows players to teleport to NPCs while in the bunker. Simply press 'H' to access this feature.
  • Doctor will now heal player's bleeding when healing player's HP.
  • Reward items from quests will now be given as separate items if their amount exceeds the item maximum stack.
New Settings
  • Added Field of View option for fog of war under video settings.
6c72d9790e1bd9245df35d22f47ba5cdbb88f56c.png

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where players couldn't trade when the deal balance is 0.
  • Fixed a bug where transportable weight wasn't calculated correctly in the trading menu.
  • Fixed a visual bug with rotated items in the value/weight overlay.
  • Fixed a crash during map generation.
  • Fixed a bug where radioactive rain after an emission wouldn't start if the character was indoors.
  • Fixed a bug where the pop-up notification was not always displayed on top of everything else.
  • Fixed a bug where radiation protection of an armour was still active after un-equipping it.

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I tried this. It's fun and all the expected elements from a Tarkov/STALKER style game are there. But it's difficult to justify putting a lot of time into a cheap looking pixel version of it when I have real STALKER already with its endless mods.
I don't know. Classic Doom has tons of mods – the so-called WADs – available, but I still appreciate the existence of things like Poom, even though it's a downgrade in visuals. Yeah, Poom is freeware while ZERO Sievert isn't, but it's still something to play after you beat the game it was inspired by for the billionth time, or whatever mods you checked out.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1782120/view/3640646072964715909
Developer Update 2023 Vol.6 - All Aboard for Patch 0.31
Faction Relations, Quest Tweaks, Performance Improvement and More!

Hello, Hunters!

It's time to hop on the train for another exciting update journey with the upcoming release of Patch 0.31 for ZERO Sievert. So grab your gear, and let's dive into the details of what's coming next Wednesday.

Faction Relations, Quests and Reputation - The Ticket to Success

First stop - faction relations and quests. After completing initial tasks for the barman, you'll unlock quests for the Green Army and Crimson Corp. Then comes the pivotal decision: which track will you take? You boost your reputation with a specific faction by fulfilling the bids of that faction through either main or daily quests. This increased reputation unlocks new gears from the faction quartermaster and presents the opportunity to join their ranks, as rewards for your dedication. Conversely, firing at an NPC will tarnish your reputation with the faction that NPC belongs to, and killing one will cause even graver consequences. So, aim wisely! Check out the screenshot below - it's one of our dev's choices... No judgement, please!

Faction leaders serve as your main contact within each group. You'll already be familiar with the leaders of the two primary factions, Green and Red. For the Loners and Scientists, the barman and the doctor take the lead, respectively. However, the daily tasks come not directly from these leaders but from the Networker, an independent entity orchestrating the operations. Each faction provides a unique set of tasks, like the Scientists' distinct quests for collecting crystals or analysing anomalies.

Life in Zakov is always hanging by a thread, and your choices truly matter. Joining the Green Army grants access to formidable equipment, but at the cost of making a permanent enemy of the Crimson Corp. Remaining neutral allows you to unlock a variety of gear from both sides, but the highest-end items remain elusive. It's a delicate balance to strike - so choose your path wisely.

Performance Improvement

We're also thrilled to share that we've implemented some significant memory usage improvements in Patch 0.31 for ZERO Sievert. We've sealed multiple memory leaks and significantly reduced total memory usage, enhancing game performance and stability. This progress is key to ensuring a seamless gaming experience for all our Hunters. We thank you for your feedback, which continues to drive our development efforts.

Save Wipe and Legacy Build

As we've mentioned in our previous dev blogs, a save wipe is coming with the new patch. But don't fret – if you wish to continue your current journey, you can select the legacy build (0.30) from the Beta tab. Here are the detailed steps to do so:

Right Click on ZERO Sievert in your Steam library.
Choose "Properties".
Select "Betas" tab.
Choose "Legacy - Build 0.30" from the dropdown menu.
You game should auto update to previous version for you to continue your old save.

Catch Up with Luca

Did you catch our recent 'Behind the Scenes' session? Our very own Luca took centre stage to reveal the new features in Patch 0.31. If you haven't seen it yet, it's well worth a watch. You'll hear directly from Luca as he illuminates the upcoming changes. Don't miss out on this opportunity to get the inside scoop directly from the development floor!

Preview Streaming

If you're curious to see what's coming in patch 0.31, we invite you to join us on our Twitch channel on Monday the 17th at 4pm BST for an exclusive sneak peek of the new content. And remember, our dedicated Modern Wolf content creators are also preparing to share fresh and engaging content. So keep an eye out, you wouldn't want to miss their updates.

Your Feedback Matters

And finally, Hunters, as always, we're eager to hear your feedback on this update. Your thoughts and experiences fuel our work, so don't hesitate to share them with us.

So there you have it - the road ahead for ZERO Sievert. Thanks for being on this journey with us, Hunters!

Onward and upward! We look forward to seeing you in Zakov!

☣️ Follow Zero Sievert on Twitter
☣️ Join the community on Discord
☣️ Subscribe to our Newsletter
MORE ABOUT THIS GAME

orcinator

Liturgist
I played an earlier version.
It was kinda neat at first when you were stumbling around, praying those NIGGER loners won't snipe you as you haul your overencumbered ass to the exit circle.
But then you get decent gear, night vision and anti-rad gear (not sure why the game even bothered with the other non-amogus armors when the higher end zones are irradiated as fuck) and it gets boring really quickly. All the quests being MMO tier collect 10 sporks, (save for the reare excursion into a building full of fuckers) didn't help.

Cohesion

Scholar
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
this sucks dick, fuck you splattercat
what?

I am going to go on a limb and say that normie probably tried this on the basis of splattercat´s video which made it look good, but ended up not liking it. Now he blames splattercat.

I am only guessing though.
His fault for watching streamers/utoooobers/influencers.
They are not your friends. They earn money on idiots watching them and also get paid by publishers (marketing arm).

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I played this and Quasimorph (turn based extraction roguelike) at the same time, and Quasimorph is designed much better.

I don't really know why this game is so popular tbh.

Harthwain

Magister
His fault for watching streamers/utoooobers/influencers.
They are not your friends. They earn money on idiots watching them and also get paid by publishers (marketing arm).
Youtubers/streamers are good for checking out the live gameplay. That said, there is no guarantee you will like how the game plays just because you enjoy watching somebody else playing it. Similarly, you might enjoy some games more when you play them, than you do when you're watching somebody else playing them.

I don't really know why this game is so popular tbh.
It's S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with Escape From Tarkov mechanics (or a singleplayer version of Escape From Tarkov in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. setting). This is a very potent combination. If you like one of them, chances are you'll like this one. Also, this one is in real-time. Action games in general are more popular than turn-based ones.

I am loving Quasimorph way more than this, but I will buy both of them eventually, because this - too - is good game in its own right. I am waiting until they leave Early Access though.

orcinator

Liturgist
I played this and Quasimorph (turn based extraction roguelike) at the same time, and Quasimorph is designed much better.
I got bored of Quasimorph way faster since Amogustalker had the exploration aspect while morph just had differently colored squares and corridors.

Harthwain

Magister
I got bored of Quasimorph way faster since Amogustalker had the exploration aspect while morph just had differently colored squares and corridors.
In Quasimorph fun lies in finding new loot/unlocks (and surviving). That and very on-the-edge combat, which makes it so engaging despite being turn-based.

motherfucker

Educated
Both of these are shit, STALCRAFT reigns supreme in the "shitty stalker" genre

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom