Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best RPG of 2008

Best RPG of 2008?

• Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fallout 3

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • NWN2: Storm of Zehir

• Sacred 2

• Hinterland

• The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

• Kivi's Underworld

• Penny Arcade: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Episode Two

• Fable 2

• Drakensang: The Dark Eye

• Mount & Blade Retail Version

• DROD RPG: Tendry's Tale

• Space Siege

• The Spirit Engine 2

• Fate: Unsdiscovered Realms

• Silverfall: Earth Awakening

• Mass Effect PC

• King's Bounty: The Legend

• Avernum 5

• Total voters

dragonfk

Erudite
Did I say they are not? I just said that I dont see any reason to credit Bioware for RPG goodness that users provide for others for free. Aside from their work with the engine that is. Like I said, great game, not that great RPG.

Beans00 said:
Volourn said:
"

And, NWN is awesome. Period. Undisputable fact.
R00fles! Just goes to show there are retards everywhere on the internet!

This one has been on the internet for a very long time. However, like a mad scientist, he occasionally comes out with some excellent things, not unlike a dice roll really.

As for the best game, it is too early for that. I need to finish all the games I am going to play this year (few as they are) before voting.

Ghoulem

Erudite
Andyman Messiah said:
We have the same game. Heard anything about a patch or a solution of some kind to skip the tutorials every time you start over? It's kind of annoying.
Just play hardcore, man. Never start over.

spacemoose

Erudite
for all you people voting for storm of zehir - how long is it?

the only rpg I bought since I started visiting the codex was morrowind. mostly because I had been through all the classics by that time. and I very quickly regretted it

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I didn't vote for SOZ; but it is long. I'm nowhere near the end, and I've played for hours. of cours,e most of the play time is spent hacking up pussies on the world map.

R00fles!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Cryin' again over someone posting facts? Typical whiny Internet Geek.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Volourn said:

Many fans of the BG series have been disappointed by NWN. This is a fact. BG2 has a more creative story and better combat [especially because of it being party based] than NWN. This is a fact, too. But NWN also has awesome mods and a good multiplayer system. This is a fact too.

NWN is awesome LOLOLOL is an opinion, not a fact, because "ITS AWESOME" is not objective, but entirely subjective. For something to be a fact, it has to be objective.

DraQ

Arcane
dragonfk said:
Volourn said:
How can anyone vote for TW even they actually like it? The game didn't come out this year. An enhanced patch doesn't make it a new game worthy of the vote. if it did, NWN1 would eligible. Dumbasses.

First time I agree with Volourn. With the exception of NWN remark. No patch can fix SP campaign from NWN(not that they tried) and I dont count MP modules as a quality I look for in cRPGs.
I voted for it thinking it was the mandatory "kingcomrade" option. :oops:

Hory

Erudite
JarlFrank said:
Volourn said:

Many fans of the BG series have been disappointed by NWN. This is a fact. BG2 has a more creative story and better combat [especially because of it being party based] than NWN. This is a fact, too. But NWN also has awesome mods and a good multiplayer system. This is a fact too.

NWN is awesome LOLOLOL is an opinion, not a fact, because "ITS AWESOME" is not objective, but entirely subjective. For something to be a fact, it has to be objective.
Thank you for explaining the nuances of aesthetics, for I am now confident that Volourn has gained a better understanding of this matter as well, and will evaluate future artistic creations based on objective standards and non-biased reasoning... NOT!

A user named cat

Someone with over 10k posts on an internet forum calling another a geek makes my computer hurt.

King's Bounty is the best on that list. That is an undisputable fact. Tits.

deranged

Cipher
With the wisdom obtained from the infinite time of lurking these forums, I must say that Volourn is probably just fucking with us.

No-one (at least no-one who knows how to use a computer) can be that dump.

NiM82

Prophet
GoG released an enhanced Fallout 1 & 2, and sold it this year. Where's the options for them?

Deleted member 7219

NiM82 said:
GoG released an enhanced Fallout 1 & 2, and sold it this year. Where's the options for them?

No, they didn't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom